Phone Interview for Internship

So I have a phone interview for an internship tomorrow.
Pic related is what they expect me to know, problem is I don't really know what have this shit is. Are they gonna ask technical questions? I hate talking on the phone I'm gonna be nervous as shit how fucked am I bros?

Attached: Snapchat-1047825235.jpg (1080x1920, 193K)

Yeah you're probably fucked if you don't know how to answer these questions since it's basically asking if you have any work experience, what are you applying for?

I had a phone interview like this once. They usually set up a case for you, where they ask a question divided in steps. They use this case for all applicants.

I actually fucked up the answers and got the job anyway, asked why they do that shit. Guy said he wasnt really looking for the right answer but rather to see how I would handle questions, if my vision on the subject was correct and how I would handle pressure.

Not sure if it's gonna be the same for you tho, wouldnt stress too much about it.

>do you have excellent programming skills in
This is a bad way to formulate the question, who would answer yes? Especially since this seems like it's for a summer internship, it's retarded, no one says "my skills at X are excellent".

Besides that, what the Hell is "programming experience with experience in Linux"? Do they mean programming at the OS/kernel level, with syscalls? Or if you use Linux, in which case why is it bundled with a bunch of programming languages?

And who the fuck asks for experience in Erlang, Haskell and SCHEME? It's just weird, I never heard of Haskell used professionally and again, summer internship.

Get another job OP.

Phone interviews are terrible

>Scheme, Haskel, Erlang, Nim
What kind of internship is this??? Who the fuck uses those languages in production?

use wired earpiece
let them talk freely
be polite as all hell
make sure absolutely no background noise
sip water from glass, not bottle
cover/pull mic away for coughs and sneezes
know there may be more than one person listening
keep in check your "ums", "uhs", and "you knows".
Have computer on with browser open to their website

Have pen and paper always ready
end on upbeat note.
I've had like 7 of these.

>why are you interested in this field"

what is a good answer for this? Last time I just said "uhhhhh its interesting I guess" safe to say i did not get the job

Why can I post on Jow Forums but not on Jow Forums wtf ?

Just read SiCP before tomorrow and you'll know scheme. This is a summer internship position so they probably don't expect you to know all that much. The most important thing for internship positions is seeming like you're competent and interested in working there. Research the company beforehand and have some answers thought out on what you want to do while you're there and why.

>I kno linuk and posik

Attached: 1504498710764.jpg (1214x1140, 73K)

>Apply for entry-level position
>Must have 2+ years experience
>Apply for internship
>Must have 2+ years experience
wtf how do i ever get a job

just answer honestly

noob

>posik
sick sounding internship you got lined up user

OP WHATEVER YOU DO GET A QUIET KEYBOARD!!!
My interviewer said he heard me type the questions and hung up on me halfway through our interview.

Attached: 1516173364718.png (590x542, 504K)

I've been asked that before.
I just gave a generic "I've always been interested in how things work" speech and then tied it back to technology and programming.

I didn't get the job.

If you actually were interested you could go on for thirty minutes.

Say you're autistic and like to fiddle with tech, they'll understand.

lol

Not everyone can turn their expression of interests into a performance though. There is a difference between being interested in something and being good at giving monologues about them.

>Linux
I've never been asked questions about Linux beyond being asked how long I've used Linux and what editor I use.
>POSIK
If they're referring to POSIX, then that's just asking you to be familiar with POSIX tools and the POSIX C libraries. If you're comfortable with Linux and C stdlib, there isn't too much you would have trouble with.
>C
I've never had a programming question over the phone so I have no idea what they could ask, apart from maybe debugging stories.
>tcsh
You've probably never used tcsh because tcsh is objectively garbage and everyone's replaced it. I can't imagine you'll lose the job because you haven't used it.
>test driven development
I've seen this in many job postings. no one has ever asked me about it. It's more of a buzzword than anything else in the real world.
>Docker
>NodeJS
>MongoDB
>ReactJS
What kind of company is looking for someone experienced in C and Linux system as well as web dev meme libraries?
>Scheme
>Erlang
>Haskell
They just want to see that you're familliar with functional programming. Just learn Haskell and figure out how to do a few things with it.

if you have to google their questions you don't deserve the job anyway.

You don't know if you are authorized to work in the US, you don't know how many hours are in a week?

Did you even read the fucking job description when applying or are you just a complete fucking retard?

Professional software devs are actually reptilian. You have no chance.

user I've in this industry for almost two decades.
The way it works is that the chick from HR asks the tech guys what technologies they work with. So they list everything, and the guy who does some Scheme toy programs during the week-end lists that as well.
Just be honest about what you actually know and you'll be fine. tcsh is the shell used on FreeBSD so I don't know why it's listed. But again it's probably just whatever their engineers listed they work with.
Based on those technologies, though, it looks like a meme company/bullshit startup.

>40 hours a week
>internship
lmao they better be paying you because that is a full time job

OP, phone interview are fucking easy since you're not watching the person in the eye.
Now, for first internship i got I had no experience at all in programming besides the Java entry stuff. I applied for a Jr Android developer with an internship salary (1/4 of what a Jr Dev earns.) and a few days before the call I just googled everything related to Android dev so that I had my mind fresh with information, so for example, they told me if I had used any form of data storage on Android and I told them about SQLite and that I was learning about realm and they were impressed.
What I'm trying to say is that you have to take some stuff but be prepared to shit blood the first months since you'll have to study and practice like you never done before.
At the end of 6 months they moved me to a level 2 Jr or some position just above Jr but below a Sr. With an bigger salary.

Its all about cheating, hard work and smiles.

Hey user, I remember your earlier post about this internship! Glad you got an interview.

Did you lie when you replied to this? To what extent?

>There is a difference between being interested in something and being good at giving monologues about them.
No, you're just worthless. Your interests go as deep as a gaymer girl's.

>problem is I don't really know what have this shit is
Well then son you ain't getting the internship

Don't sweat it though most(all) of us (who aren't NEETs) have had bad interviews at some point.

Hahahahahahahaha oh wow

>What kind of company is looking for someone experienced in C and Linux system as well as web dev meme libraries?
Freelance webdev here. Meme JS libraries make up the bulk of my work, but when it comes to deployment I need to know where to put everything and what the startup/process management chain is. I've had to write a native "helper" tool in C before to work around a permissions/setuid issue.

kek mkg btfo

Kek
Green text the conversation for us

> I like making things and typing code was cheaper than buying actual objects so I went with programming to satisfy my creative desires
> list out a bunch of projects
It's that simple

Lol I responded semi truthfully.
>Don't know alot about posik/c/tcsh whatever
>Have used JavaScript before but know big projects to show off
>I took a class on functional programming that used Haskell so I have experience with that

Meant

>POSIK
You're talking to a clueless HR person, so just give affirmatives to everything.

OP here so what is up with POSIK? Does it not exist? Tried googling found nothing.

They meant POSIX.

The second the person says something, interrumpt with "What's the pay like?"
That way, you know within the first minute wether or not it's worth even continuing the phone call.

Answer honestly. Those questions were written by tired engineers when they had free time. If you can convince them that you wont be a pain in the ass you've got a decent shot already. Its an internship so theyre expecting you to learn a lot on the job.

Honestly, the best advice given here.

This reveals this was written by some HR person who doesn't know wtf any of this shit is