Google enters browsers

Google enters browsers...
... all other browsers BTFO - Chrome nr.1

Google enters smartphones...
... Android now completely dominating...

Google now entering OS market...
... I think in 2020, Fuchsia OS will be the most used OS on laptops.

(Maybe it won't be called that, it's just a project name. It's coming out in 2019.)

Google is creating its own ecosystem and the problem is that unlike Micropenis and Applel, Google is actually going to do it right, because they are very capable at creating great software.

It's both exciting and scary at the same time, because I fear Google will manage to create a corporate tech empire like we've never seen before.

Attached: Fuchsia-OS-950x534.jpg (950x534, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fuchsia.googlesource.com/docs/ /HEAD/the-book/README.md
youtu.be/i8a3gjt_Ar0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

MS controls vendors. You are stuck with win10 by default or you can buy toys like marcos and 999book

They are going to create a perfect user experience because of how consistent it will be...

Same OS on laptop, on smartphone, AI assistant , Home, even in the car...

I don't know what the second sentence means and i still laughed at it like a maniac.

>MS controls vendors. You are stuck with win10 by default or you can buy toys like marcos and 999book
Yeah, because there's no way that could eve change, right? Those vendors all signed a contract with their own blood?

>Google now entering OS market
>now
hello, newfriend

Install ge... Install google

I meant desktop OS

>all computer vendors are 100% hooked on M$
>googles new os will be "open source" like chrome, released with a chuck license with the good parts added proprietary
>android fucking sucks (I can say that because I use it (it suck less than the competitors but it's still shit))
>chrome will be surpassed by whatever comes along next
It won't change

Yea ChromeOS was such a total success!
It totally wrecked Windows laptop domination!

Jow Forumsoogle are our/g/uys
at least they're open source unlike apple/microsoft

>material design everywhere

Attached: 5aa.jpg (600x600, 54K)

Sorry to tell you this, Google, but nobody uses ChromeOS.
Oh, but here's the 2 cents into your bank account.

you're portraying this as a "M$" being a Goliath that cannot be contested

you do realize Alphabet is worth more than Microsoft ?

>Those vendors all signed a contract with their own blood?
in Brazil? maybe not. But the rest of the world? Just look at the windows button on your keyboard and you'll understand.

>google enters instant messaging
>google enters voip
>google enters instant messaging again
>google enters social media
>google enters instant messaging once more

>Just look at the windows button on your keyboard and you'll understand.
Yeah because vendors will always be loyal to Microsoft, no matter what

Because vendors aren't just looking to maximize profit... no, they are irrationally bound to Microsoft to the grave?

or is it the case that if vendors saw Fuchsia OS gaining traction they would see it as an opportunity to ride a new hype wave?

>instant messaging
>social media
those are social garbage not really software
but when it's about apps/software, like Gmail, Maps, search, Photos, etc. they win

Google is an ad company. Vendors bundle their own ads and deal with what is popular and user friendly. aka not linux or chromeOS.

>Same OS on laptop, on smartphone, AI assistant , Home, even in the car...
This would be interesting but I think they already said it wasn't going to replace anything.

>instant messaging isnt software
pls Jow Forums more

>google creates new video codec
>it's shit

>This would be interesting but I think they already said it wasn't going to replace anything.
they said this as a marketing decision
they don't want to compromise/sabotage their existing products, at least not for now, not until they're sure Fuchsia is a winner

It used to be that OEMs couldn't sell non-Microsoft operating systems on computers once they signed the contract.

>Google will manage to create a corporate tech empire like we've never seen before
call me when google has its own army and judges like the indian trade companies used to have

Monolithic vs hybrid vs microkernels
Go

If it makes you feel better, they'll probably be using Material Design 2: Electric Googaloo

Hell, chromium and canary already sorta have it in their newest builds if you enable the right flags

Yeah because every vendor is willing to break partnership and change shit whenever something new pops up.
Windows 10 just works fine for them. Why? Because drivers and le multi billion backed meme plus appeal to popularity.

Microkernel > Monolithic > Hybrid

>Material Design 2
AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>canary already have it
OH SHIT my round ass niggers. It is so fucking shit. gg goolagoo

So they literally can give fuchsia and make money from data mining normies. How can microsoft compete with free?

Attached: (JPEG Image, 225 × 225 pixels).jpg (225x225, 11K)

10 rupees have been deposited from Microsoft India to your account.

>Android now completely dominating
Android is shit compared to SailfishOS and GNU. It's an abomination and the smartphone market is absolute dogshit. It's not difficult to be "good" when you have no competition because you bought the market and got in early.
>Maybe it won't be called that
It shouldn't. Majority of the population doesn't know how to spell or pronounce that. Should be called magenta, at least.

You're not stuck with w10. System76 and Purism sell Linux devices exclusively, there's also KDE Lightbook, MintBox, and even Dell sells Ubuntu computers and laptops.

By giving windows shit edition for free.

Dell is shit and so is ubungu. First time I heard about the rest though.
I don't even use win10. It just comes. By default.

T. Rajesh Muthuchai

>Yeah because every vendor is willing to break partnership
Fuchsia powered phones would probably come out first to introduce it to normies

That's the funniest theory.
Google is struggling enough as is with an android powered phone, they'll struggle even more with a non-android phone. Especially as normies shit over everything that isn't iOS/Android and has their lil snapchat ready to go.

OP is talking about laptops.
Surely samsung and the rest of the chinks will keep using whatever new """free™"" products that google offers and bundle their own shit. Which proves my point. Remind me how many years did it take nokia to use android again?

1 billion Indians will use Fuchsia

FUCHSIA SUPERPOWER OS BY 2030

GNU TURD kernel has been under development since 1990.

Let that sink in. Since 1990.

And one of its latest achievements is adding sound support. Sound.

Then take Linux, how much effort has been put into it, SINCE 1991.

Google starts new OS in 2016, and now it's already working, by 2019 it will be ready for launch, and probably manage to realize what Linux has been trying for over 20 years LMAO

It'll be fun to watch the GNUtards' reactions and autistic screeching

Yeah, because the new Youtube ui is awesome. It takes the fucking entire screen to show less videos, loads slower and you cant fucking see buttons against the background. Google loves to write guidelines, but their UIs suck. Otherwise they wouldnt have taken so long to AB test Google Search visual changes and this last YouTube ui rework.

You realize fuchsia is a fork of the Linux kernel right?

You underestimate the freetard, user.
They will make a free™ buggy copy of fuchsia and call it FFINF (Free™ fuchsia is not fuchsia) or something like that.

No, I actually don't realize that:
>In contrast to prior Google-developed operating systems such as Chrome OS and Android, which are based on Linux kernels, Fuchsia is based on a new microkernel called "Zircon"

LOL that's right, that's exactly what will happen

why does that thumbnail look so bad? does jpg shit the bed when using magenta or something?

Fuschia is just a shitty locked down mobile os that can be used on chromebooks to, nothing import

This.
GNUtards should have spent less time ricing.

I'm gonna go full Google ecosystem as soon as it's possible

Will be maximum comfy.

Linux - ricing = ????

Applel is actually good tho.
>tfw no Apple Platinum Finder OS over Fuchsia kernel with plan 9 userspace

>permissively licensed microkernel
Holy proprietary device drivers, Batman. They're doing this because SOC vendors and ARM are refusing to mainline their Linux kernel drivers.

Google already did ChromeOS almost a decade ago. I have yet to see a Chromebook running actual ChromeOS IRL other than in a store.

ChromeOS is an operating system that's more or less a glorified web browser meant for a niche class of minimally-specced laptops. Fuschia is meant to be Google's take on a universal operating system to be used on any devices. Can't really compare them.

They're popular in education. Almost no persistent state exists on the laptops so it's fine if some kid ruins it. They just pull a spare laptop and have the kid log into it.

>retard doesn't know that chrome os is on most vendors like ASUS and HP and it's a Google operating system

>Android now completely dominating
the poverty market maybe

>MIT license

I am ready for the botnet to enter my body.

Oh boy, remember when Google+ completely destroyed Facebook?

Fuschia is FOSS tho

More accurately, chromeOS was only ever meant to be a stopgap to prevent yet another generation of kids growing up as exclusive Windows users.

Good point.

>magenta

You mean... fuchsia?

and so is azure sphere

Whenever something made by G**le had success, it was merely because it came out at the right time, not because it was better.
Chrome came out right when Firefox had weakened Explorer enough. Add a cute "download chrome! ^.^" button on the G**le homepage millions of people see every day, and you have it.
Android came out right when the iPhone was getting popular, and it was (and still is) the only sane alternative to appleshit on a phone.
There have been lots if dropped/failed G**le projects, this could very well be one of them, considering that Microsoft won't take them lightly. Only time will tell.

>He doesn't use Tencent
Time to start learning Chinese.

Gmail was objectively better than alternatives.
Google was objectively better than alternatives.
Chrome was objectively better than alternatives.
This is undeniable, attempting to diminish this as 'just right time right place xD' is silly. Every single success could be attributed to 'right time right place xD'.

Microsoft can't do shit, if it wasn't for GNUtards dropping the ball so hard in the desktop (and then mobile) space, Microsoft would be in dead fucking last - dying desktop base, enterprise users are getting annoyed, zero mobile presence... YIKES.

>Gmail was objectively better than alternatives.
>Chrome was objectively better than alternatives.
No.

fuchsia.googlesource.com/docs/ /HEAD/the-book/README.md

google and gnu will merge into one with zircon taking its rightful place in the center of the GNU system

Attached: FlICmGnj.jpeg.jpg (1395x1395, 144K)

>forgets Chromebook

Google's ecosystem will always be cheap and shit, no one wants it. Same with Microsoft's ecosystem.

t. iToddler

>comparing microkernels to monolithic kernels
>implying linux hasn't been working already for 20+ years on supercomputers all around the world and the last couple of decades haven't been bug fixes/maintainance/security updates
>implying it will actually take off
TURD is shit though, I'll give you that.

I'm not gay

>but when it's about apps/software, like Gmail, Maps, search
all those started when the ecosystem was young, they're going to try with an OS now and they're going to taste bitter defeat against Microsoft and iOS

>Google enters browsers...
>... all other browsers BTFO - Chrome nr.1
>Google enters smartphones...
>... Android now completely dominating...

you seriously think that's a good thing? sure, let's have a company who wants to keep expanding its vendor-locked app store in charge of innovating in the Open Web. i don't see how that could possibly lead to any kind of conflict of interest, nu-uh. as long as they're the best in everything. perhaps they should innovate in postal services next? this whole email thing is so 90s...

Nothing will come of this, it's google's version of templeOS, except with a constantly active connection to the botnet.

The only real reason they are doing this is because they realized they fucked up by putting javashit in android, but this will not fix that, it will just fan the flames.

but using apple products are gay. they're the target audience

templeOS has a constant active connection to God instead.

jesus christ thats a terrible jpeg

Yes, that's why I'm not using them and that's why I have never owned any Apple product.

>literally zero connectivity at all
deeper than you think

I don't they necessary do everything right, I mean just look at Google+ it's pretty much dead by now.

Terry is fooling us all, user.

>Google enters browsers...
By taking an existing browser project, throwing developers at it to fix a bunch of minutia, and slapping their own branding on it
>Google enters smartphones...
By taking an existing smartphone OS and using their leverage to convince tons of hardware manufacturers to use it. Meanwhile Apple's iOS, the actual market dominator, runs much more efficiently than anything Google has ever hoped to make Android into
>Google now entering OS market...
With something a small internal team made from scratch on their own initiative. It will be garbage because nearly everything that starts as a google project becomes garbage. The only successful things that google produces nowadays are projects they took from existing creators.

Attached: Screenshot 2018-04-24 at 5.11.51 PM.png (1366x768, 1.33M)

You already on Fuchsia? Based user.

I was just about to say this. I worked at a school for 2 years and Chromebooks were the only computers the kids had access to and it was perfect for the education setting.

How long until they make public they have no fucking idea how their neural shit actually works nowadays? That's some scary shit if it applies to a whole OS instead of just a search engine.

Oh course it is
never use jpeg for images with text

Gmail was massively better than every other webmail at the time. They had gigabytes of storage for (((free))) and a sane interface on day one, back when everyone else was still using 90s tier mailboxes measured in tens of megabytes.

No one knows how neural shit works. It's a buzzword.

Im waiting for the release of the inevitable Gentoogle fork

>material design everywhere
Flat is justice

Attached: images(7).jpg (425x721, 28K)

Super Pooer in 2020

Attached: images(8).jpg (629x454, 34K)

What is the point of installing Linux if not for ricing it?

Farm the Rice you pay the Price.

youtu.be/i8a3gjt_Ar0

Attached: images(9).jpg (622x493, 32K)

>It is distributed as free and open-source software under a mix of software licenses, including BSD 3 clause, MIT, and Apache 2.0.

Attached: 52.gif (300x100, 321K)

In case you're serious, Fuchsia is a ChromeOS project.

Also
ChromeOS is currently Gentoo based.