Disgraced Mt. Gox operator Mark Karpeles now CTO at PIA VPN

PIA is now definitely pozzed, right?

Attached: unnamed.png (300x300, 16K)

By now the cat's out of the bag that trusting someone else's VPN, even if you pay for it, is foolhardy at best and disastrous at worst.

Use Algo if you want a turnkey solution with your VPS of choice.

Why is he disgraced?

Wasn't public shaming part of his sentence in Japan or some shit?

Using a VPN that has user info is not private at all you need a tor email account and have to pay in an anonymous crypto. And even then if you connect to your home network with it you just gave them your location. VPN's provide most people with a false sense of security.

desu most people use VPN's to avoid copyright strikes, use secure public wifi, or to get past geo restrictions.. Not to fend off the FBI/CIA.

Retard

depends on your threat model. A VPN basically transfers the trust from your ISP to the VPN provider. Is your VPN provider trustworthy? Maybe, maybe not, but the odds are better than for your ISP, which is almost guaranteed to be untrustworthy, if not actively malicious.

Still wouldn't pick PIA though.

this desu
i just wanted some comics not a 4tb illegal collection

Most people use vpns for work actually, because vpns actually have real security uses. Pia has proved in court they dont keep logs so it is a real form of security

Nothing can fend off the cia so its pointless to make the distinction

>>Nothing can fend off the cia
t. CIA nigger

You cant even go live innawoods. They will ask everyone you ever knew where you are and its a felony to lie to them. They will fly drones around until they find you. The privacy on the internet is long dead in that regard

>Buy into PIA because I want to get around Government tpb blocks
>Have to turn off PIA to ever use Jow Forums

Because he was at best completely incompetent, and at worst a complete crook.

Buy a pass and use clover retard

I realize most use it for that (hell that's what I use mine for) but they also belive that it protects them from getting spied on. Not saying people who know how networks like the internet work do but average people believe that kind of stuff. Had to explain this to many people who think they can live anonymously and use the internet frequently (which you can't).

VPNs is a defense against ISP snooping but little else. Anonymity requires end-to-end trust, which technology alone cannot provide.

He staged a hack to "lose" hundreds of millions of dollars worth of his customers' Bitcoins from his exchange.

I've been using PIA for a while now since it's been tested by warrants a couple times and shown to not have any useful user data. But I'm not willing to put my trust in them anymore with this idiot working there.

what would you guys recommend as an alternative?

with this guy, my PIA subsricption ends in 2 weeks, what should i go for next. i know nordvpn has good pricing but aparently they have issues with speed in conparison to PIA, so what's the go-to now?

AirVPN

fuck, I use PIA too. Need to get out.

>Just give hiroshimoot money retard