Now the switch can run Linux and emulators (Dolphin).I'm considering getting one for the superior OS

Now the switch can run Linux and emulators (Dolphin).I'm considering getting one for the superior OS

youtube.com/watch?v=KBCkpEdvqDo

>github.com/fail0verflow/switch-linux

Attached: linux_3d_drivers_Nintendo_switch-768x397.jpg (768x397, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/fail0verflow/shofel2
github.com/fail0verflow/switch-arm-trusted-firmware
github.com/fail0verflow/switch-coreboot
github.com/fail0verflow/switch-u-boot
github.com/fail0verflow/switch-linux
github.com/reswitched/fusee-launcher
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I feel like it's more likely for dolphin to run better on android than Linux. I wouldn't trust open source shit over the proven Tegra gaming on android. I'll bother when I can dual boot into android.

bump

Dolphin has no issues on linux.

wrong subreddit, sweetie

$300 USD for a Linux machine? I'd call that a bargain. The best I've ever had.

>better on android than Linux
what did he mean by this?

I'm not talking about issues. I'm talking about performance. I bet the Linux graphics driver is worse than the android one.

does the dock still work with it, since its a simple USB to HDMI, it wouldn't have any issues, right?

What? Any $20 SBC can run Linux.

The best I've ever had.

At least you could do SOMETHING on it while it still had ita original OS

No one here knows dad rock dude.

The Linux graphics driver is the Android one.

No

damn, now THATS impressive

No, if you thought Android has lower system requirements or better drivers than Linux you're 100% wrong. Android graphics drivers are completely non-compliant with any standard.

>any $20 SBC can overheat with Linux
FTFY

I want Linux on a Surface RT I can pick up for cheap. When is that happening?

Attached: DW7SgLlU0AEwHfu.jpg (790x1200, 108K)

No

So, you want a shit ARM tablet that can run Linux?
You could have gotten a Nvidia Shield Tablet long ago already friendo.

Why do I feel like this is a Switch shill thread?

Look, you CAN run Linux on a toaster, but you don't HAVE to.

shield tablet doesn't also play nintendo switch games. Not every poster who mentions a device you don't like is one of the shill boogey men.

I already had one for the last 6 months or so.
I don't know if I wanna hack it yet.

>muh nintendo gaymes!
Shit, didn't know were dealing with manchildren, though it's just a paid shill who can't give a fuck.
It's actually a brand loyal manchild shill.

>fail0verflow

Didn't that guy die?

Attached: bushing.png (697x703, 115K)

So does this make the switch the new preferred portable game console of Jow Forums?

Attached: NintendoSwitch-Hack-Screenshot.jpg (960x1082, 130K)

>paying for a DRM'd device because you can crack it
that's like paying for a methhead hooker because you can put a bag over her face

Honestly, what's the point? It's just a glorified tablet, isn't it? Which can now run GNU/Linux? I get that you can play more games with it than what came stock but still, it's not that cheap for a tablet.

I think the appeal is in having the flexibility of an actual OS combined with the package of a dedicated vidya machine. I'd imagine joycons beat out 99% of other solutions for real controls on something that form factor.

>Does this fucking display which would obviously need drivers have drivers?????

Jow Forums has no preferred game consoles. they're all gay

The 3DS for now is still probably the best portable game console for purely Nintendo games excluding GCN and N64.

But the switch can now run linux, and the new hack allow you to run every nintendo title natively.

The group is still alive. Rip.

omg gaymers r so quirky and cute xd

jesus cut your nails

assuming you can go back to the switch firmware easily

Id love it just to watch videos when im on a flight. Its crazy that after a year they still dont even support netflix for the normies

Nvidia actually has non-shit drivers for X11 on Tegra for a few years now though.

Actually

It loads off the sd card
Thing is you need a computer to launch it

But if a game is only available on one platform you'll still call people brand loyal?

Rip
Hackers are underappreciated

Retroarch too then, so basically everything ever can run on the switch, question is how well?

>I don't know if I wanna hack it yet.
>I don't know if I want more features yet.

Attached: brainlet.png (600x704, 64K)

Attached: soy.png (1200x800, 263K)

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

>overly expensive tablet made of cheap plastic.
not worth it. the only useful result with this is to show that the japs don't know shit about building secure platforms.

not even remotely worth it

>japs
Taiwanese

sorry OP must have forgotten that hacking hardware to run non-standard operating systems wasn’t technology like installing windows 10 on your new gaming PC and projecting everywhere is

Might actually get one just to run gnome on it

Android is open source though

Unless you go 100% clinically insane and reimplement mass storage in Java, so you can use Android OTG.

This isn't your usual hack, it's just a dualboot.

Why would you do that?

Android is just some shit tacked on top of linux kernel though, it's also open source too, if it's the difference in drivers that bothers you well the performance difference will be minimal given they have to be relatively similar since both Android and Linux are similar

it's a girl idiot

>basedboy, your numale game console has exploits for the boot firmware
>you now have a powerful and free ARM platform running desktop Linux
>now you must choose
>do you use it for something creative or practical...
>or do you play more games?

Attached: 1516277655002.jpg (1234x1120, 514K)

>based boy
I just found this image of the mods. Hope they don't ban me for doxxing.

Attached: 1516277655003.jpg (960x892, 234K)

It's a tranny.

yeah, what i said, except no slurs

tranny =/= girl

> slurs
> tranny
STFU, you nigger, you don't know what a slur is.

>Nintendo
>Security
ayyyyyyyyyy

tranny doesn't even mean anything
Trans Woman = Woman
Trans Man = Man
anybody who feels otherwise will find themselves wiped out in the upcoming liberal uprising and genocidal slaughter of all right wingers and capitalists
"Nigger" and "Tranny" are both slurs on the exact same level

>sony
>security
>toshiba
>security
>honda
>security
>tepco
>security

don't be gay, tranny is girl, you faggot

shit is so fucking cash.

Ha-ha, so funny. The real gay is you, though.

Have they released the exploit yet?

Yeah it's called shofel2

github.com/fail0verflow/shofel2
github.com/fail0verflow/switch-arm-trusted-firmware
github.com/fail0verflow/switch-coreboot
github.com/fail0verflow/switch-u-boot
github.com/fail0verflow/switch-linux
github.com/reswitched/fusee-launcher

There's also Atmosphere cfw that might be released in the next few months when it's done.

Attached: atmosphere_switch_cfw-768x432.png (768x432, 108K)

Already fixed in T214 SoC, OP is a faggot moron

This exploit is dead in the water

I got a surface, then I installed arch on it
It's currently broken to hell because I didn't put a whole lot of effort into it.
But I love the faces people make when they try to use it

How do you die of natural causes at the age of 36?

Same as Uriel. Death by bullshit.

>Hardware exploit
>What is Specter/Meltdown

If anything the Linux version would run better because it doesn't have all that java garbage underneath everything.

No, It has always been and always will be the PSP.

> PSP
PS Vita, actually, once 3.68 Henkaku will be released.

speaking of which, what is "natural death" anyway? isn't it to do with the fact that the older you get, the chance of something going wrong with your body increases exponentially?

Your cells stop dividing when they get old.

It's an Nvidia shield tablet with a built in controller. Something that the shield tablet should have had from the start. I bought one because I knew that someone would get open source software running on it.

Also fuck the shield portable.

>I'm gonna buy a switch so I can be creative and practical on it

damn you're stupid

Attached: 1453349396029.png (1280x1172, 768K)

>a derogatory term for men in dresses is just as offensive as a derogatory word for a racial group that was enslaved and lynched

Attached: pepeandmoonman.png (1010x901, 169K)

>look at how edgy i am mom i le hate trans women xD
>implying all trans people are trans women
>implying they aren't targets of physical violence and get discriminated more than black people in society

get one now, they're issuing a hardware revision that patches the exploit soon.

this isn't even a meme anymore

Jow Forums is literally becoming reddit
I see more and more unironic posts like this on Jow Forums everyday.
You only see this shit on this board too.

Attached: 1519869188431.png (647x633, 501K)

try baiting harder, degenerate.

Good riddance, it's been a long time coming, Jow Forumsfag invasion was just the start.

>write completely reasonable post
>le degenerate xD am i edgy yet, fellow Jow Forumsack redditors? xD

Your kind doesn't belong on this site.

Jow Forums has always been a far-left website until Jow Forumsthe_donald redditors like you came along

Jow Forums was always contrarian and anti-authoritatian. The main thing that everyone here tends to agree on is near-absolute freedom of speech. So shove them fee fees up your ass, fucking leftieflake.

You're the one getting triggered over someone having a different viewpoint, autist.

I'm only mad at someone triggered by "tranny" and by "far left website". Probably just getting trolled desu.

i said it was a far left website, and i just pointed out that the Jow Forums post with the word tranny was edgy, it's my free speech and if it tickles your edgelord drumpf redditor fee fees then you don't belong here

I've been on here since 2009 you fucking newfag

and you've been nothing but cancer all the way since then, gamergater

>is near-absolute freedom of speech.
>on a site which has active word filters constantly
fuckoff and stop feeding the trolls you candy ass roodypoo desu sempai

While there have always been anarchist streaks, this place has been full of internet libertarians for over a decade. This obviously changed after the elections.