Also, BSD screenfetch thread.

Attached: openbsd.png (1358x1294, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UMINs_j8mH8
marc.info/?l=openbsd-cvs&m=152461967621280&w=2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

OpenBSD is a meme
>Filesystem
default FS doesn't even support SSD TRIM, and I don't think OpenBSD supports anything modern like ZFS or BTRFS.
>Security
"Only two remote holes in the default install!!!!!!!"
Yay!
I hope you realize that this literally only applies to a base system install with absolutely no packages added. In other words, not exactly representative or meaningful towards... anything really
>Sustainability
A few years ago, OpenBSD was actually in danger of shutting down because they couldn't keep the fucking lights on. How could anyone see this as a system they could rely on, when it could be in danger of ending at any time?
>Standards-compliance
"B-But OpenBSD is written in strictly standards-compliant C! Clearly that's better than muh GNU virus!"
So you're not allowed to create extensions to the standard? You should only implement the standard and nothing more? Keep in mind that this is nothing like EEE, as the GNU extensions are Free Software, with freely available source code, as opposed to proprietary shite. People should be allowed to innovate and improve things.
If you're gonna be anal about standards-compliance, then why let people make their own implementations anyway? Why not have the standards organizations make one C implementation and force everyone to use it?

Attached: thicc.jpg (442x293, 28K)

>still no ModemManager ports

FreeBSD is DEPRECATED.

Attached: pledge.jpg (1300x804, 140K)

What happened with /baot/?

The guy who made the threads is homeless again.
youtube.com/watch?v=UMINs_j8mH8

Attached: evicted.jpg (2560x1440, 649K)

Why can't this autistic lardass behave himself? He doesn't have to live up to social standards other than doing the dishes every week and not destroying a fucking apartment with a sword. Doesn't seem hard to me, but somehow this
downie fucked it up. This is the most autistic thing I've ever seen. More autistic than this PC case shaped like a train.

Attached: 5128pcck101trainthemedannouncedfacebookpcck101giveawaydsc_1006jpg1.jpg (1029x683, 125K)

yeah the boys

Attached: whatyoumeanbizmark.png (1920x1080, 437K)

who dis?

noice

marc.info/?l=openbsd-cvs&m=152461967621280&w=2
Looks like OpenBSD will support modern radeon cards soon. I'll try a snapshot in the near future and see how it works with my HD7970.

Gentoo vs Free/OpenBSD

Serious question... in terms of security.

thanks, was going for the os/9 vibe!

I got the yacht and it makes me wish I could still get the train new

>marc.info/?l=openbsd-cvs&m=152461967621280&w=2

That's fucking awesome. I will be able to finally use it on my HTPC that only consumes 25W TDP. Year of the OpenBSD media center has finally arrived!

Isn't OBSD a meme?

in Jow Forums everything is a meme to someone

>no amdgpu/dc
>modern

Attached: 1524694791788.png (720x398, 323K)

it is
some NEET found out about it and made his life's purpose to spam Jow Forums with this shit though

no

radeon isn't modern, amdgpu is

Also
>modern
It's not even Vega. OpenBSD is my favorite OS, but don't lie about it.

I'll admit that I have a skewed understanding of "modern" but I find it funny y'all had the same kneejerk reaction. I just stopped paying attention to hardware after Ivy Bridge.

Attached: idonteven.jpg (384x313, 13K)

When it comes to security, OpenBSD, no contest.