Updated to win10 on older pc, can't get sound to work, tried literally everything, kill me senpai

updated to win10 on older pc, can't get sound to work, tried literally everything, kill me senpai

can it be because I have an older motherboard?

Attached: 6cf.png (858x725, 361K)

install gentoo

no it's because you installed windows 10 instead of operating system

im about to install ubuntu wish me luck

Imma lose all my files likely so i'll post fat cow tits n other qts

Attached: 1513764382868.jpg (1004x1200, 164K)

Attached: 1513767922297.jpg (1440x2560, 180K)

Attached: 1513767282493.jpg (1368x1699, 163K)

You'll be pleasantly surprised unless your old PC is a ram-let (

3.5gb I can get more tho

Attached: 1513767309388.jpg (1402x2031, 218K)

make sure you use a DE designed from low resource consumption like LXDE, XFCE, or LXQt. KDE Plasma is alright too. Really anything will make a world of difference over GNOME, which hogs memory and is known to run like ass even on well-specced computers.

designed for*

How’s it going?

Should be fine even for stock Ubuntu. You can download some more with:
sudo apt install zram-config

sound works fine, im very happy, the memes were real, tried to take a screen shot but cant find a image editor lol

are you trying to goof me sir?

zram reserves part of ram to be used as compressed swap. It's still much faster than swapping onto disk and really helps systems with low ram.

It's a pity that they don't enable it by default.

welcome to the linux experience

i made it guys

Attached: done.png (1920x1080, 506K)

Should try MX first.

sopa de ubuntu uma delicia

>rightclick in device manager
>let windows look for the correct driver
>it fails
>start drinking yourself to death

Attached: big-lebowski-1998-07-g.jpg (1200x778, 184K)

I did that and all the other fix suggestions on several websites. When to the asus site to get drivers and got a big fuck you they don't even have option for win10 for my motherboard and the last driver there is from 2009, I think they stopped supporting it. For the Radeon x550 was the same thing and graphics were worse than win7.
Fuck it I'm with Ubuntu now. Bless.

how old are we talking here

anyway if windows 10 didn't detect it, go find some drivers from your motherboard's website. you can either install manually or use the device manager to locate which parts didn't install. if something is unrecognized there should be a yellow notification next to it. looks like this ---> ( ! )

i find it odd windows 10 didn't get your sound working anyway

most of the time it's just your typical realtek/ intel HD audio nonsense

It's probably AC97 that could be installed in compatibility mode.

disable the automatic driver installation
delete the generic windows based sound driver
install the correct one
profit

It's an older Asus motherboard from 2007 audio integrated I did go to their website.

>updated

>updated
even vista would be an upgrade over w10

Attached: 1506772757064.png (645x729, 105K)

W10 is superior OS in every single perspective other than privacy, which you give up the moment you use any proprietary OS.
Real brainlets are people like you.

Just get codec drivers directly from manufacturer website. Like if it realtek, just get drivers from realtek site

Have you tried dling and installing old drivers for sound via device manager and/or comptibility mode?

not yet. install kde plasma.