/sqt/ ~ Stupid Small Questions Thread

Got and APU notebook, the HP Envy x360. I'm looking to hook it up to a projector and run it at 48Hz. How can I set a custom refresh rate for an external display?

Previous thread

Attached: 1517151733463.png (706x412, 278K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thehackernews.com/2018/04/adblocker-chrome-extention.html
aliexpress.com/item/BBEN-14-1-Laptops-Windows-10-Intel-N3450-Quad-Core-4GB-RAM-64G-eMMC-HDMI-TypeC/32816736078.html
lmgtfy.com/?iie=1&q=berserk manga read online
readberserk.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Every time I open the "Gallery" app from F-Droid now, it flashes empty folders before only showing me the ones with content in them. I don't know when or why this started happening. I have "do an extra check to avoid showing invalid files" toggled on, but turning it off doesn't fix it. Did this start happening after the latest update? For that matter I have mad amounts of feedback for the devs, but I don't want to email them. Do I have any recourse here? I've been using this for months and kinda don't want to make an email just for one app...

Attached: Screenshot_20180425-052929.jpg (1280x800, 166K)

i want to fug azusa

Set it in Custom Resolution Utility.

neovim or emacs evil mode, which should I learn as a beginner learning programming

Re-timing .ass subtitles for an anime, no clue what I'm doing. I have AegisSubs and mkvtoolnix-gui/mkvextract-gui, is this all I need? Anyone got a handy guide or some tips to get me started? Or am I in over my head and should leave this to people like Daiz? I just want to make a remux of the best video and subs for an anime but this makes my brain hurt

Attached: [Commie] Teekyuu - 05 [BD 720p AAC] [284D3FF1].mkv_snapshot_01.16_[2015.09.21_08.03.10].jpg (1280x720, 137K)

What do you guys recommend if I want to make a bunch of text files, sort of like documentation for something I'm making?
Not sure how to phrase that question, but basically, imagine Jimmy age 6 has a collection of notebooks with fake Pokemon with in depth description of their types and superpowers. Jimmy decides he wants to go digital with his pokedex, and he wants it to be both nice and readable.

Plain txt is ugly and undreadable
Html is a bitch to write things in
Doc are fucking stupid

I guess html is THE option but I thought maybe you guys know of something I don't.

How the absolute fuck do I download large-ish files from garbage sites that:
throttle free users to 20kbps
allow one download link to be generated every 24h
have links that expire and stop downloads after 8h
break connection after 30s-2m meaning you have to babysit it

they do that so you get pissed off and buy PREMIUM MAX SPEED UNLIMITED DOWNLOADS 1MIN ON T1, 30,000 YEARS ON 56K!

Is this legit?
thehackernews.com/2018/04/adblocker-chrome-extention.html

How the fuck is ublock 'fake'? That one specifically makes no sense. Is this shit legit?

I want to learn more about technology (mainly PCs), what's the best way to teach myself about them? Any YouTube channels you'd recommend?

Read wikipedia. Install and use Linux for a year. Program for a few weeks.

> Youtube
Not really, no.

There are also the formats for print publication, try Scribus for example. Or LaTeX or ConTeXt.

And HTML+CSS or JS doesn't have to be very much of a bitch either, all a matter of understanding it and using a good editor/IDE.

That says uBlock-AdBblocker, the legit one is called uBlock origjin, pleb.

for the life of me I can't install numpy for python 3.6 on Windows 10. I've tried using pip, tried anaconda but still can't seem to get it to work. Can anyone explain how to do this?

suggest cheap a fuck laptop with that actually holds 6-8h on battery

by cheap a fuck cheap i mean something 200 EUR range

possibly most beefy task i could throw at it would be visual studio on debloated windongs 7 or server2012r2 or arch with xfeces

skeptically looking at this sketchy chinkshit
aliexpress.com/item/BBEN-14-1-Laptops-Windows-10-Intel-N3450-Quad-Core-4GB-RAM-64G-eMMC-HDMI-TypeC/32816736078.html

Attached: BBEN-N14W-14-1-Laptop-Windows-10-Intel-Celeron-N3450-Quad-Core-4GB-RAM-64G-ROM.jpg_640x640.jpg (640x640, 42K)

how do i set the size of a window in i3wm? "open file" in a browser always opens too big for my screen

I'm trying to do a simple cronjob that changes my wallpaper every hour.

It is supposed to run this command
find /home/small/Pictures/Papes/ -type f -name '*.jpg' -o -name '*.png' | shuf -n 1 | xargs feh --bg-scale
, which works when I do it, but doesnt do anything when its a cronjob. It does get run, so idk whats going on

with open(path+' - '.join(names)+'.txt', 'w+', 'utf-8') as file:
file.write(str(text))

TypeError: an integer is required (got type str)
I don't get it?
It works on windows but not linux and if I do it in interactive mode it works also.

your cronjob runs from the context of root, and with a different set of environment variables
you need to explicitly specify your Xauthority file, and which DISPLAY to use, otherwise feh won't know where your X display is

Did you check what the command logged [/did you try to log it]?

On instinct, I'm going to guess feh might need to run as your current user or under your current xorg session to change the wallpaper.

I have an android phone. On rare occasions websites will redirect to those annoying full-page ads that tell you your phone is exploding. But it usually only happens once and if I go back it's gone. Also this happens on sites that don't really have ads. Jordan Peterson's website was one example.

Can android phones get malware? It's a stock Pixel XL. No aftermarket roms, no rooting, no alternative app store.

Is there a difference between a subnet and an internal IP address?

I can't see how subnets work for everyday domestic networks, because everyone's internal IP is 192.168.0.x. So what is the IP address of the router itself which everything else uses to connect to?

Your internal IP is on your router's subnet.
Your router also assigns it an IP on it's own subnet so you can access it.
What is the problem exactly?

windows 10 won't transfer files faster than 10 mb/s

IT WORKED JUST FINE FUCKING 2 HOURS AGO, what trhe fuck is this shit and how do i get rid of this stupid restriction

So you mean there are two subnets? Or am I understanding it wrong?
There's no explicit problem I'm trying to solve, I just want to know how it works, and the resources I've read don't explain it very well.

Hola Jow Forums. What's the situation on imageboard browsing from the terminal?

No, it's all the same subnet.
There are times when you want to segment your network and put things on different subnets but usually that isn't the case.

Linux may support framebuffers in consoles and stuff. Not that the actual browsers are amazing, but try netsurf. Its pretty neat and small overall.

Do I need a special audio connecter to plug into this hole or am i supposed to just thread the raw speaker wire into it.

if the latter, should I tie it at all/loop it

Attached: made with trackball.png (849x418, 9K)

Nevermind, I forgot to explicitly define the encoding. Don't know why I thought that would work.

What should my next phone be? My requirements are:
>a nice camera
>supports SD cards larger than 32GB
That's literally it.

If it's the type of connector I think it is, yes you could use a banana plug instead of the raw wire.

However there is nothing wrong with the raw wire either. That's how my speakers are set up, and I plan on switching to banana plugs later.

I would loop it but not tie it, if I understand you correctly.

Is it better to buy a laptop or a notebook (the things that cost like 150 bucks)?

I want to get one or the other, and I only really plan on using it for: watching videos/movies in bed, taking it to friends houses to dick around on the internet when we're all just hanging out doing nothing, maybe taking it to work occasionally to do small reports and whatever, and eventually do school work on it (papers/etc) when I go back.

Are the notebooks worth buying for such a price if you're only doing small things on it, or is it better to just buy a 300-400 dollar laptop?

thanks m8

np buddy

That nomenclature is random. Imo get some simple laptop with 1920x1080 IPS or comparable panel, 14-17 inch display and 4GB RAM or so.

Is there any non bullshit android "speed up" type app? I really don't know why my phone (Nexus 6P) takes so long to do stuff sometimes. It just freezes and takes up to 5-10 seconds to continue. And sometimes it just crashes totally.

They're all bullshit. The only thing worth doing is clearing cache/dalvik cache from recovery

>Stupid Small Questions
Anyone know where I can get the fallout style CSS for this place?

I suspected as much, thanks.

>tfw no gentoo powered zen apu laptop

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I hate being a poorlet.

>cat6 rj45 for all of my wired home network
>connect a crappy hp 15 g088ca
>port lights stay dark
>otherwise seems fine except xfer speeds won't pass 11MB/s
>shit's normal when I plug in my Elitebook to the same cable

Is the laptop's rj45 port borked or is there something else I can check?

Attached: alt 01.jpg (703x1000, 596K)

Maybe go into setties and choose it's default directories or blacklist/disallow access to downloads or w/e

otherwise try trying putting a period in front of their file names?
.Downloads .Video

I know too little about Unix/CMD programming. How would I go about making a program that does the following when run:

1. Gets latest for a particular branch in Perforce.
2. Runs two batch files to do some maintenance.
3. Starts a build of a solution file.
4. Launches an EXE, unless one instance is already open?

After all that how can I trigger it to activate remotely or on a schedule? I am using Windows 10

green light = 100mbps
yellow light = 1000mbps
none = 10mbps

Change your cable and if that doesn't help your PHY chip died.

1000mbps USB to rj45 adapter is a option.

The $150 ones are pain, particularly for their resolution, although you might find a chromebook that's somewhat passable.

There is anyway to disable youtube video player?

I want to download anything that I find interesting to watch offline and avoid the addictive cycle of watching anything that have a interesting thumbnail. I know how to download, but I'm too obtuse to NOT click on play.

Thank you, user.

Attached: 1461100627237.jpg (500x625, 36K)

WTF is going on with this site recently? Why is it down all the time?

Attached: jmjjh.jpg (320x320, 29K)

Our daddy doesn't love us anymore.

merely a coincidence user. Now run along and keep shitposting goy

Is it worth it to upgrade my Galaxy S7 to a Galaxy S9?

probably not, but it depends what you use your phone for.

What's the difference between flac and web-flac when downloading audio?

Whats the difference between desktop memory and server memory? Can I use server memory in my desktop?

I saw a rumor that it has to do with CP spams on Jow Forums, but I don't know if that's true, because i don't browse Jow Forums.

>Is it better to buy a laptop or a notebook (the things that cost like 150 bucks)?
A laptop and notebook are the same thing, as far as I know. The cheap small things are called "netbook".

What is functional dependency? The wiki page states:
>Given a relation R, a set of attributes X in R is said to functionally determine another set of attributes Y, also in R, (written X → Y) if, and only if, each X value in R is associated with precisely one Y value in R;
What the fuck is "associated with"? How do you "associate" one attribute with another? It's too fucking vague.

How does one do this??

>open terminal
>start terminal browser
>go to Jow Forums.org/cm/

Context? Set theory? SQL? Relational algebra?

Relational Database design.
No explicit SQL, just schema design.

It helps to imagine a relation like a database table, and the attributes as the entries.
Wikipedia even gives a very good example. If you scroll down to the "Lectures" example, it becomes clear.
If you have two columns, "StudentID" and "Semester", then a studentID value is associated with the semester value in the same row.
The values that are in the same row, are associated with each other.

Is there a more precise way to sync audio/video tracks in Adobe Premiere? The default way is not letting me match them up that closely.

Attached: audioalign.png (250x283, 5K)

Where can I download ALL of the Berserk manga. Also, what translation should I look for?

Attached: 1510033984830.jpg (828x720, 43K)

Just read it online

>translation

Attached: 1514234475503.png (645x614, 83K)

Link?
Please and thanks

lmgtfy.com/?iie=1&q=berserk manga read online

Watch the whole thing

Everyone must be getting in to Berserk all of a sudden, I was in a thread a few days ago where some guy was requesting how to read the Berserk mangoes because it was never going to get a good adaptation. I happened to grab the link for fun, I don't even read mangoes.
readberserk.com

I know what this link is faggot. Thanks for nothing

Thanks user

Attached: 1508197678321.jpg (239x239, 8K)

What a retard

Attached: chuckle.gif (250x250, 992K)

Got a Raspberry Pi sitting around but want to turn it into a seedbox. What do?

Put seeds in it.

Attached: 1460682352530.jpg (310x310, 33K)

How the FUCK do I get my computer to recognize my phone in fastboot!? I have all the fucking drivers in the world installed and adb is working just fine but fastboot won't find my phone with "fastboot devices". This isn't my first rodeo either. New devices, new OS installs on both computer and phones, basically every time fresh installs or new device or otherwise fresh new situation and I have to get it to recognize the phone on both adb and fastboot, there is always this issue. It's either adb or fastboot. One of them always fucks up and I always have to try like 30 different things from total uninstall to reinstall the drivers, manually specifying the driver itself, to evn simply plugging it into a different USB port on the computer and everything is fine and dandy.

Is there a simpler way to troubleshoot when your computer fucks up and can't successfully recognize either adb or fastboot, besides trying 30 different solutions and hoping you get it sooner rather than later? I wish it would throw a fucking error instead of just "NOPE I can't see your fucking shit lol"

Oh, Windows btw. Usually Windows 7 but sometimes Windows 10. The device manager sees an "unrecognized device" when this happens. Like I said, there are multiple million things it could be, is there a faster way to diagnose rather than trial and error?

>Dad... get off 4chin

Attached: toast.gif (500x191, 372K)

Install rtorrent, attach powered USB hub and HDD if you need more space than your SD card provides. There are easiliy googlable guides for this shit. Be aware that this does nothing to protect you from infringement letters. Some people don't get that.

what distro does stallman use

If video description tags are anything to go by, the flac is a rip from a cd, while web-flac is ripped from an online streaming site

Server ram uses ECC, desktop doesn't. this needs to be supported by the [server] motherboard

install debian, install transmission-web, leave in a cupboard and forget

I have a Supermicro LGA-1150 server motherboard. It has a USB 3.0 port right on the board itself. I currently have my server booting off a Samsung 250GB 850 EVO SSD.

Would it hurt anything to put that SSD inside a USB 3.0 enclosure, and boot/run the OS off of USB vs SATA? This would free up a SATA port on my motherboard and a SATA power cable.

Attached: supermicro-mbd-x10sll-f-micro-atx-server-motherboard-lga-1150-ddr3-1600_273132729847.jpg (1600x1066, 355K)

Nothing benefits from being an actual sata connection as much as the OS. You can do it though, at least on linux. WIndows requires installing a usb compatible version like Win-to-go. It better be a GOOD usb 3 device in either case.

Burning things to Blu Ray discs for deep/archival storage and backup

good, bad, stupid ? just use a HDD?

trisquel

well shit. Guess I'll just put a small USB flash drive in there and use it as dedicated space for my encrypted containers. I don't feel like fucking with a special version of windows. Windows is fucky enough.
>Deep/archival storage and backup
How deep/archival are we going? Never going to look at the stuff on that disk ever again and want it to last 50+ years? Blu-ray discs and you have to make sure they're stored in decent containers in a relatively climate controlled area.

Otherwise it's cheaper and much more simple to just get reliable drives and copy everything over. Plus I have more faith in being able to get a SATA adapter for a drive 50 years from now than managing to get your hands on a worknig Blu-ray disc drive.

I'd say use a hard drive instead.

>reliable drives

pls user, what ones should I look for

Bit of a hassle and easy to fuck up and not know it until it's too late. Need to be pretty bulk/long-term before it's worth it.

Cool thanks. My motherboard does not support ECC.

Usually anything advertised as NAS. NAS drives are meant to be in use and powered on 24/7, so they're always over-built compared to their non NAS counterparts.

Im using glyphs and when I try and put a space after them im getting weird icons where the space should be?

Is there an android virtual keyboard that inputs letters immediately when you tap each key? The ones I've tried all input when the key is released so if i slide my finger a bit while lifting it I frequently type the wrong key. Maybe I'm just an idiot and there's a setting I need to switch.

turn off swipe to text.

Is there any keylogger for Windows where only I can get the info?

If a C program that runs for say 10 years and makes 9000 zillion malloc()s and free()s, will it ever crash due to a heap fragmentation error? Memory usage at one time never exceeds the RAM of the computer because free() is called before then. Will a crash/error occur just due to sheer amount of heap operations?

Ok so I got a Chuwi Vi8 tablet from someone that dual boots into windows and android. Problem is, the guy who I bought it from's wife didn't remember her password, so, I can't access the admin account on the windows side.

I want to factory reset it but it seems that doing so requires access to more than just the Guest account on the windows.Any advice? I'm not sure I can format and start fresh from just the android side I think I need the windows side as well.

Either how I can get into this account (I can't seem to work out how to boot into safe mode and bypass the windows password screen) or how I can somehow get rid of the account entirely without going into it.

Any thoughts?

Attached: firefox_2018-03-12_00-15-53.png (847x452, 556K)

I have a 1TB HDD on my laptop and a single partition.

I want to create a 700GB partition for my shit and leave 300GB for the OS.

Problem is my drive has a 500GB file.

Is there a way I can create my partitions without freeing up the space beforehand?

would I see a performance boost if I got 3200 ram when I have a i3 8350k overclocked at 5ghz

I'm doing a CTF and this problem features 20 .wav files that sound the same but aren't identical. There's no hint whatsoever. I've done spectograms on each of the 20 .wavs, no dice.

What else do you recommend that I look for?