Microsoft appreciateion thread

Microsoft appreciateion thread

Linuxfags not allowed here on general principle

Attached: windows_7_os_tan_nana_by_kenoten.jpg (1600x2071, 249K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compensation_(psychology)
insidewindows.net/FilesMissingFromLean_Build17650.txt
store.kde.org/p/998654/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Man if only I could get the Windows 10, well, window-ing system (also with the look and feel as well as the fancy resizing stuff) on Windows 7 man that'd be great. I know Windows 7 is still a damn botnet but 10 isn't even hiding that shit and I'm not going to have it.

If you're this paranoid you can always use a hardware firewall and just block whatever the fuck you want to.

kill yourself

i want to fug nanami-chan

What is there to appreciate?

Windows 7 it's the only option to go
> B-but imma childman who play gaymes

KYS.

Attached: d52.jpg (231x244, 8K)

Windows 10 out of the beta when

The only thing windows has going for it right now is vidya gaymes. As soon as Linux and nVidia work out their differences, it's bye-bye windows forever. It may be awhile, though.

Why do people on Jow Forums only call out video games for being childish? I hope you don't watch anime.

fuck off

>implying there will ever be a "year of Linux desktop"
lol

eat shit and die
microsoft is a dying monopoly

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compensation_(psychology)

It's getting better each year with windows getting worse. I think the biggest factor holding it back from widespread adoption is out-of-the-box official Optimus support. With it, anyone considering installing linux can do so on a spare laptop without having the worry about going through hoops just to get their graphics card to work properly.

Any linux DE is better than the windows 7 and on UI

Because Jow Forums is originally an anime website. It makes sense that people here like anime.
You wouldn't go in a gay bar and say "Why do people say traps are gay? I hope you don't go in gay bars."

Normies will never migrate to Linux. Distros are unfriendly, lacks the tools they use all the time and lack official support (not having a big corp behind it is already a big let down). You probably won't believe but most people don't ever try to solve their computer issues, they just bring their junk to repair shops. There will never be a year of Linux desktop, maybe there will be one you consider something like Android being "Linux", since Microsoft will probably drop NT for something else some day.

Attached: 1365437427703.jpg (719x720, 47K)

His point is: both are considered "childish" and hating on any of them just because you don't like while using "too childish" as justification is pure hypocrisy.

>Because Jow Forums is originally an anime website. It makes sense that people here like anime.
Does this make anime not childish? If not, then you misunderstand my point.

Japanese anime is considered cool among normalfags now. Video games and even less western animation is acceptable among adults unless you watch/play the normalfag approved stuff like call of duty or rick and morty

People who spend all their time playing fighting games and posting on twitter about black people aren't 'normalfags'.

Ubuntu gets easier with each release with more functionality is accessible through GUIs. I think there's a point where a linux distro can mimic the ease of windows' clicking through menus with helpful text every step of the way. Once that point is reached, what reason would there be to continue using windows aside from simply being used to it? Also if public schools ever adopt GNU/Linux then it's game over for windows.

Fighting games are normalfag at this point

It's all just a matter of perspective. The *fact* is that more adults play video games than children and there are tons of video games/animes made specifically for enjoyment by adults. If you're trying to put someone down for having fun, you're probably insecure about yourself and need reasons to feel superior to others even if its over something completely insubstantial such as choice of hobby.

imo there's a severe difference between actual normalfags and functioning autists
fighting games and their 'esports' fanbase
normalfags are still out here laughing at fags boxing in games and not irl

You should quit while you're behind.

Attached: 25793275.png (1190x906, 178K)

>I think there's a point where a linux distro can mimic the ease of windows' clicking through menus with helpful text every step of the way.
And we still aren't there yet. Therefore it's kind of pointless when both Windows and macOS are already there and will also just continue improving.
>inb4 no they won't
Same logic then would apply to alternatives.

They have ever been, but there is always some autistic fags that take things to the extreme.

kys

Attached: tumblr_m66oprui6J1r4wthvo8_1280.jpg (640x480, 32K)

Are all linuxfags this rude? Don't you have a ricing thread to shitpost in?

Normies are like sheep. They do what is considered "normal". At the moment, that means that they must use either Windows or Mac. 10 years ago, it would have been just Windows. IN 10 years, it will be Mac or Linux. Windows is a dying platform. Let's face the facts: more and more people stop using Microsoft products. Skype is at its lowest popularity point it has been in 10 years. Only people that are set in their ways and refuse to try something new, are the ones that still only use Skype. In 10 years, nobody will use Skype anymore except for business purposes. Windows for mobile phones was a failure and was axed in 2016. Xbox has always been irrelevant internationally, now it's even falling behind in America too. Windows 10 and its blatant spyware features (that they don't even make a secret out of) is turning more and more people to either Linux or Mac.

It's only a matter of time. All it takes is a Linux distro that "just werks" and plays computer games. Ubuntu and SteamOS were good attempts.

>t. future school shooter

Pajeet detected.

>All it takes is a Linux distro that "just werks" and plays computer games. Ubuntu and SteamOS were good attempts.
Wine is almost done with perfecting directx. I swear just give it another year or two and it will be good enough out of the box to play the latest video games assuming DRM doesn't have to be cracked of course.

>the ease of windows' clicking through menus with helpful text every step

People don't even read:
>What did the error message said?
>I don't know i just clicked OK

Attached: kHruzBM.png (416x396, 174K)

I'm 25, I haven't been to school for many years. What would be the point in shooting up my old school now that everyone i knew is gone?

>not exposing your entire /home directory to Windongs VM connected to the internet

Attached: Screenshot_2018-04-26_01-13-15.png (3840x1080, 1.13M)

>and will also just continue improving.
I would agree with you here, but at least for windows 10 pretty much every 'improvement' is a sideways adjustment to a different style of menu. Most of the functionality in windows 10 is actually better handled through the windows 7 menus because the ones for 10 are buggier and are straight up missing a lot of features. I'm not sure what the situation is on Macs, but I think people buy Macs for different reasons than PCs. When you buy Apple products, you accept being a part of the Apple ecosystem. With Windows, most 'flagship' programs are third-party programs designed to be used with Windows, similar to Linux.

It's possible Linux will never see a majority, or even a competitive marketshare, but I think its unlikely so long as it keeps improving.

>windows is a dying platform
Lol no you delusional tard. The only time Windows will die is when something manages to completely displace MS products in the server/office space.

BUILD IN 2 WEEKS

esssssssssited tbqh, so many rumors about xaml

Attached: wc.jpg (900x506, 139K)

Microsoft loves Linux though.
So I'm going to post here regardless of your blind hate.

>Are all linuxfags this rude?
yes

>what is Google docs

I hear that, but it's still a lot easier and more accessible for the average user to have clickable GUIs for them to navigate. It's a lot harder to fuck up or get stuck when you have options in front of you every step of the way. Sure, people will still screw it up but people will screw anything up. I think the magnitude of people matters.

=3=

Attached: DbkU8AXWAAIRlqZ.jpg (541x358, 42K)

a program capable of doing basic word processing at best. It's also a program that requires access to Internet (i.e. Google) to truly work right. Many companies aren't about having Google services.

Say what you want about MS office, but it has remained king for a reason. Libre Office and Google Office Suite are capable, but not even in the same realm as MS Office.

>pretty much every 'improvement' is a sideways adjustment to a different style of menu.
This is false on all counts. Of course you're going to notice superficial differences, but they've been changing a lot under the hood, including modularizing and offloading legacy components, and of course now making third party antiviruses a thing of the past.
>It's possible Linux will never see a majority, or even a competitive marketshare, but I think its unlikely
True.

new fav sku coming through~

Attached: w10_lean.png (1024x768, 20K)

what is this

>W10 Lean
Is that an official Windows OS? Or something someone made with a bunch of shit missing? What exactly makes it lean?

new build in their preview
it's made for under 16gb devices
still rough though (pic related, literally didn't bother changing the start menu win10 ships with), but a lot has been cut out

Attached: DbPzIZoWkAAu62h.jpg (1366x768, 61K)

So your Windows becomes a timesink OS?

I program in C# and Visual Studio for a living.

It's seriously super comfy and I spend most of my energies writing good code and architecture instead of blowing it on inane plumbing shit.

I know I sound like a shill, but I seriously doubt I'd enjoy anything else.

Is Cortana still present?
Do you even understand what a hardware based firewall is you mouth breather? What the fuck does a hardware firewall have to do with windows becoming a "timesink"?

Oh and total list of files taken out here
insidewindows.net/FilesMissingFromLean_Build17650.txt
Enjoy scrolling.

The hardware firewall configures itself?

Y u no like gnu and penguin?

Attached: serveimage.png (4222x2140, 574K)

die botnet

A hardware firewall can be nothing more than a managed switch or a desktop PC with firewall OS like Smoothwall. There are templates and you configure it as need be.

Regardless, configuring a hardware firewall has nothing to do with Windows becoming a timesink. Any OS can route traffic through a hardware firewall.

mor lik communistOS

Attached: 1522659935258.png (1280x720, 766K)

Says the fucking linux tard, i have Linux on my laptop to use less ram and processing power but also because i can spend an endless amount of time trying to get things to work.

still there

only when you use an FSF approved distro. Debian is true freedom

parabola

Actually GNU/Linux user here because I care about privacy but Nanami-tan was the best, I wish it was at least open source on some BSD License (allows mixing proprietary stuff wirh open source)
Also
>tfw you'll never be able to fork Nanami so She lives longer
ehh... why live...

rate my desktop

Attached: 174453-1.png (1366x768, 292K)

>didn't bother changing chromium into the edge logo
SAD!

8/10, why Dolphin?

Very nice. What theme is this?

The only good thing about Windows 7 is Nanami-chan

windows has always had better waifus this is a fact

it's not actually my desktop, just did a search for "kde windows theme"
because it's KDE
store.kde.org/p/998654/

so windows 7 or Windows 10?

>Linuxfags not allowed here on general principle
Fuck you. I use GNU/Linux and I think that Windows indeed has place on PCs.
Personally I don't use, but my family does, and they just don't want to know difference between GNU and Linux and use those.

>kde4
nice!

No.
>OS that is from microshit and actually works
>OS that is so good microshit doesn't care about making something new, intuitive, because hey, "lets just reskin Nanami and add more telemetry!"
>That design!
>!!!!NANAMI!!!!

>not installing linux on every family computer
>not giving them constant tech support
>not when asked how to install a proprietary application not available on Linux spend hours trying it run under WINE or a different solution
wew

They just don't want. Why should I force them?

kek'd

I was just projecting, I've spend hours trying to install shit on the computers of my familly. All while maintaining the "Linux is awesome, don't use Microsoft" facade.

lmao that's why I moved away and just got them on mainstream shit now
way too much time and effort wasted

loonix/10

You could just call it a windows general and you'd get less detractors by the way. Microsoft appreciation just comes off a tinge like corporate cocksucking. Anyways enjoy your thread friends