Tfw had to settle for Linux because too poor for the $200 Windows 10

>tfw had to settle for Linux because too poor for the $200 Windows 10
sigh guess i have to do mental gymnastics like you guys to convince myself Linux is superior

Attached: images.jpg (219x230, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

computerweekly.com/blog/Open-Source-Insider/International-Space-Station-adopts-Debian-Linux-drops-Windows-Red-Hat-into-airlock
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

lel I own the most expensive and decked out Macbook pro from 2017 for consultancy work and light development. Yet when I am at home I use my Ryzen 7 1800x with Opensuse and KDE.

Why the fuck would you need Windows...... unless you are some gamer faggot.

Are you a gamer faggot OP

Attached: 1549858.jpg (399x600, 25K)

bait

You can buy 8.1 for like $50 and just upgrade to w10 for free faget.

Just get a kms botnet or get a 10$ key if you need your bidya gaymes that bad

Paying for software/music/whatever that can be torrented

which model, user?
13" no touch bar
13" touch bar
15" touch bar?

I have the 13" Space Grey, i5, 16GB Ram, 500GB SSD non touch bar version and it's really nice.

>$200 Windows 10
Windows 10 is gratis, and I don't care about 'Activate now fagget' grey text

My laptop came with Windows 10. Technically I paid for it but I don't give a shit. I'm using Ubuntu 18.04 (Beta 2 until tomorrow).

I only use Windows for gaymes so I don't really care about the Activate Now dumb watermark

Whenever I buy a laptop it comes preinstalled with Windows. I nuke it and install Linux instead. What now, fag?

>15" touch bar?

I have the 15" touch bar i7 3.1Ghz 1TB SSD, 16GB ram and Radeon Pro 560

It is great except for the click keys also I feel Macos is not as good as KDE.

But basically forced to use it due to work.

Actually still think I might have made the wrong choice and should have bought the 13"

The 15" is rather heavy and a bit too large for travel in a plane.

>trying to convince op not to install gnu/linux
I didn't realize this was Jow Forums - Video Games

Even gamer fags are starting to move to linux. Windows 10 is an absolute shitshow, we were forced to use it on my school. I got in serious trouble for continuously booting into a live disk which our IT retard didn't like since it would mean he can't control the rig (no deepfreeze or smartclass softwares installed on my live disk obviously)

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1476886183669.png (1000x1000, 113K)

imagine being such a fucking faggot that you can't handle using a different OS, so you bring a bootable drive to school

Attached: 354deaa3770912621bb816da070346ab.jpg (258x245, 12K)

Windows 10 is free. You pay for it with your data.

Windows 10 just works for games without a key... just a watermark reminder to activate while not playing.

>Paying full price for botnet10

I bought a Windows 10 home key for like $3 on ebay today.

Not him but I carry a 32GB bootable environment around my neck.
Little hp v250w.
Fuck that pozzed shit that comes on the regular disk.

Attached: 1200px-Beethoven.jpg (1200x1443, 477K)

Probably work. You should crack it, not buy it. Fuck MS.

If you have a UEFI based system, than your product key for Windows 10 is stored in it. Try "sudo cat /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/MSDM". It would give someone with a Lenovo device "MSDMU
LENOVOCB-01
ACPI
#####-#####-#####-#####-#####". The string in hashtags is your product key.

I get windows for free (not even pirated) and I don't use it.

>To intellect to pirate
>Complaints about the Linux
Checks out

what Linux?

Just pirate a key, nerd. MS doesn't care since they're indoctrinating you anyway.

MX Linux OP, I don't think there is anything better honestly.

Because I'm using a Surface Book and it's the only decent portable laptop with a functional input pen. Take that Unix-based system. Macintosh is for children and teens, Linux is for NEETs who have all the free time to tinker with it every day and Windows is for people who work. Windows is the most versatile OS of all.

>too poor for the $200 Windows 10

where the hell do you live? i got windows 10 for ten bucks.

that was bundled with a $1400 pc, but still, ten bucks.

Excellent imitation of what a brainlet would say, but you can stop acting now. Someone might actually think you're serious.

Give me a better alternative to what Surface Book can do on Windows, without any snarky comments.

wtf user just download and install Windows 10 from Microsoft and let it sit without activating
Far as I know it just werkz

Jesus Christ my sides
he's hitting neckbeard levels I didn't know were possible

Attached: laugh1.jpg (390x470, 38K)

>Give me
No, do your own research. Nobody does any actual work on a toy like that, though. Thin laptops have terrible thermals which are compensated by underclocking or using a tablet CPU. It will never be on the same level as a desktop PC with big cooling. Even some laptops have it better because they aren't aiming for thinness and therefore have large coolers. Also with Surface you're pretty much locked to Windows which makes it trash anyway. Even Microsoft knows this and they are setting the foundation for moving to Linux by publicly saying they love Linux. Microsoft doesn't get its money from people furiously buying Windows all the time, it gets it from Office and Azure and all the other crap they make and sell support for.

>No
Hah, exactly what I expected. By your limited logic, if a client asks me to meet with him at his office, I should have to carry a 25kg desktop, a 24" monitor, a 13" drawing tablet and peripherals wherever I'm going. Once I get there, I'll refuse to work with any recent Adobe files, no C4D, no Sketch. Is this the productive environment that you're advocating for?

>if a client asks me to meet with him at his office
For what purpose? If a client expects you to work a full day in his office then the client supplies a workstation. Otherwise you should be free to work where ever you are the most productive, aka. have your desktop set up. If you're just there to demo some work that has already been made then you're not being productive then and there. You could probably use any $50 tablet for that.

>pic is gamer faggot

>Client sends me incompatible files that don't work on my $1k workstation.
>Now I have to refuse work because it violates my T&C.
I'll still wear my 'Freeedum' pin like a badge of honor.

it isn't, linux is niggerlicious, install temple OS

You could set up a VM for cases where client sends you data in the wrong format. Then you can convert it yourself. A $1k desktop can handle it.

>Opensuse and KDE.
Devving on linux is impossible. Anyone who isn't retarded devs in C# and visual studio doesnt work on linux. And i can't figure out how to open .sln from VS in linux Rider.

Does noone on g pirate? i am so confused

>Converting psd, xd, sketch, c4d… lmao.
>Implying they don't expect the same file format in return.
>What is file history management.
Did you ever work in a professional environment with people? Windows juggles everything that you throw at it. And on top of it, it works outside of the box. I don't have to search online and fix things on a daily basis, because saving time and respecting deadlines are much more important things than money.

Just buy a key off eBay for $5

>incapable of pirating windows 10 when it's literally the easiest thing in the world
>calls people dumb for having an opinion

the literal state of Jow Forums

neo-Jow Forums

its litteraly 5$ on ebay

torrents are a thing fyi and the first rule exists

> I didn't realize this was Jow Forums - Video Games
It is.

What is wine/dxvk?

Windows in its current form is fully developed by Pajeets and can take no credit for your .psd compatibility. It's the people making that software who chose Windows for its legacy userbase. Also if you think you would be "fixing things on a daily basis" if you used anything other than Windows ever in your life then you clearly have no clue about them. Windows is like the least stable OS right now. You just happen to be in an industry that needs .psd compatibility more than reliability and stability of the system itself. Nothing vital and critical would use Windows, but for drawing some meaningless designs it's fine.

There's no need to insult my work when you don't even know where it's been used and published.
I didn't know that people of color are forbidden from developing FOSS.
I could say the same thing about how clueless you are about Windows. It's even more stable (and faster) than Windows 7. I've never had one blue screen for years since upgrading to 10 and when I did try Ubuntu, the WiFi didn't even work. Something so elementary. But no, I shouldn't be as productive as possible, I shouldn't enjoy my extra free time, I shouldn't use readily available software; I should stay glued in front of my screen fixing problems that shouldn't be there in the first place, wasting the most valuable resource known to man—time. Your arguments against Windows are biased and emotional.

Attached: iss043e298004.jpg (4928x3280, 3.08M)

EBay has win 10 keys for $10. I use them a lot

Feel sorry for americans ahahah

you can get a key even cheaper, I got a retail key off of ebay for $3 and it worked and still works perfectly (although ebay took down the seller's account soon after for some reason)

Don't you think that the seller is just some Russian guy who pirated a Win key generator and then sells the codes to you?

We don't need more cancer in our GNU world. We have fucking foot already

if that's the case, how come it worked? And how come my key hasn't been revoked for the year i've had it?
The official explanation of the code I bought was that it was from a bunch of old workstations to be scrapped, but what does it matter when it worked without repercussions anyway? It's not like I install any 3rd party software through the use of the key anyway

lol,I've been using pirated windows my whole life and I've never had the key revoked on any computer or laptop, no warning, no watermark, nothing.

>computerweekly.com/blog/Open-Source-Insider/International-Space-Station-adopts-Debian-Linux-drops-Windows-Red-Hat-into-airlock
>Manager of the Space Operations Computing (SpOC) for NASA Keith Chuvala is on the record saying, “We migrated key functions from Windows to Linux because we needed an operating system that was stable and reliable — one that would give us in-house control. So if we needed to patch, adjust, or adapt, we could.”