Is Apple right in their approach?

Is Apple right in their approach?

You guys seriously underestimate the stupidity of the average computer user. A walled garden is perfect for them.

Attached: 19144_walled-gardens.png (600x380, 528K)

>Is Apple right in their approach?
yes

>A walled garden is perfect for them.
Correct

Linux certainly won't be right for them.

Apple has never been a walled garden. Microsoft has always been more restrictive.

>You guys seriously underestimate the stupidity of the average computer user.
>the average computer user
And yet Appletoddlers think they will ever be welcome on Jow Forums.

the eternal argument in a nutshell
>What are you, too poor to afford overprivced hardware for web browsing that you can't upgade? Lmao get a job
>What are you, too dumb to work a command line, read tons of manuals, and install a million packages just to get the same thing every OS has had for years? Lmao itoddlers amirite hi five

>And yet Appletoddlers think they will ever be welcome on Jow Forums.
/v/irgins like (You) are less welcome than mac users. Think about that.

nailed it.

While I agree the walled garden approuch works nicely on iOS, for most Mac users I know it is completely ignored and apps are installed normally. (.app?) I think how Windows EXEs are the best.

Learn fucking english instead of shitting on the street.

their competitors are so incompetent that they can do whatever they want

Yea man EXEs were a great idea, way better than dmg /s

> Is Apple right in their approach?
No.

Even if you're dumb as fuck, Android is desirable over IOS.

ITODDLERS BTFO

I’ve got a Mac I really like.

I’ve always built my own systems in the past, Linux and Windows. With Mac you don’t ever need to waste your time with all the tweaking. It’s not productive time. The time saving is worth the premium price to me.

Yeah, I like apple because it's a walled garden that I can put virtual machines inside of. Then, when I do something ignorant on a virtual machine and it blows up, I delete it and create a new one. But the underlying macOS is pretty solid, and I can't complain. I also like the fact that they're made out of solid body metal (I've got an old 2012 mbp). I worked at a tech center and the #1 thing that got fucked up on laptops was the plastic frame breaking, or the screen hinges snapping.

it's true. all of it.

I'm not stupid tho has got it.

ubuntu is a decent walled garden, honestly.. if you don't need "killer apps"

>I think how Windows EXEs are the best.
obviously hasn't had the joy of a package manager.
virtual machines destroy the "killer app"
kvm is my killer app. even lets me play windows games.

Attached: gentoo.webm (960x536, 1.24M)

>Is Apple right in their approach?
Fucking users and yet staying 'the best company'? It is not right, but cattle likes to be fucked I guess.
>You guys seriously underestimate the stupidity of the average computer user.
Not really. I know that any computer user understands how to use web, but not all can download non-rouge or non-crap ware programs. That is where official repositories will save the day.

>Working help desk job
>User comes in with adware on his Macbook
>Would have never happened if he just stuck to App Store software
lmfao, if anything Apple isn't restrictive enough.

this

This attitude makes absolutely no sense.

> You need to at least build something to game with self-respect.
> If anything PC gamers are helping to advance the r&d of badass vector processors by buying fucking gtx1080ti's to play WoW on a 4k monitor. At least that played a huge part before machine learning and cryptards started increasing the demand.

Compare all of that with Apple, who everyone on this board knows is practically antithetical to both hardware tinkering and the GPU market

Try putting photos on an iphone via USB

Exactly what about MacOS is a walled garden?

I think OP means the Apple ecosystem as a whole.