Showers are not particularly Jow Forums

Showers are not particularly Jow Forums
How do we make them Jow Forums?

Attached: 1515238434636.jpg (1171x936, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/travel/what-do-tourists-need-to-know-about-the-cape-town-drought/2018/02/25/46c178dc-1670-11e8-8b08-027a6ccb38eb_story.html
youtube.com/watch?v=BE1HriDzlJs
youtube.com/watch?v=cNjA0aee07k
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

on a more serious note, I wonder what showering clothes washing, and dishwashing will be like when climate change kicks into high gear and water becomes a precious resource

washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/travel/what-do-tourists-need-to-know-about-the-cape-town-drought/2018/02/25/46c178dc-1670-11e8-8b08-027a6ccb38eb_story.html
I know it's limited to ---- countries (hint: trump's word) right now, but it's coming to the west within a couple of decades

Society and technology will PROGRESS in that time.

>falling for the climate change meme

they keep predicting the complete opposite. what happened to global warming?

i hope to get a tankless water heater (on demand) for my shower one day. i may never leave it.

Attached: shower_tech.jpg (1024x768, 154K)

open source tubs

When it effects first world countries serious money will go into desalination and general water purification.

I dont care if everyone there dies or not but did cali fix there water shortages with this tech?

tow or more rival brands pay Jow Forums to shill.

How does Jow Forums not know about Korean shower heads?

Attached: 816Z44xHJXL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 363K)

No, they didn't fix the water problem. The problem "went away" with a year of a heavy snowpack in the mountains. But this year, it is looking very dire, indeed (again). California will probably survive the year, but if next year's winter snowpack is again this bad, I shudder to think. Stay tuned.

Desalination plants work, but they are energy intensive, and they take a while to build.

>As in parts of the Sierras, the snowpack by April was nearly gone in Nevada, Utah, Arizona and much of New Mexico, while declining to well below normal across the rest of the region.

>In Oregon, more than half of all mountain measurements taken on April 1 recorded bare ground, with snowpacks in the Cascades having peaked 40 to 90 percent below typical levels over the winter.

>"Almost all of the West Coast continues to have record low snowpack," government hydrologist David Garen said. "March was warm and dry in most of the West. As a result, snow is melting earlier than usual."

IoT shower that activates from your phone and requires a monthly subscription to use

I sure don't, know I'm interested.

>bathing with filtered water
What purpose?

Minerals in the water is bad for your hair health.

It's not filtering, it's advertised to increase water pressure.

Botnet in them, so

>>bathing with filtered water
>What purpose?
If you're bathing in pleb unfiltered water, you might as well be bathing in lard. Is that what you want, user? To jump out of bed in the morning to have a big hot steaming shower in pig fat!!??

Attached: down_periscope.jpg (942x749, 102K)

I've often wonder about water tech.

Like why can we not recreate a water table and has it ever been attempted? Like drill down and put in concrete honeycombs.

We already see them seeding clouds in Texas, does Cali do the same?

Could desal be fueled by geo/solar/tidal and stills?

this is not a crazy idea. I mean truckstops are already close

>water becomes a precious resource
Climate change is real, the earth will globally get warmer, but it won't get that warm. A bigger issue will be the ice caps melting, raising the sea level 200m because there will be *more* water. The first world won't have an issue, at worse we'll be inconvenienced by having to move inland a bit.
The biggest issue will be third worlders wanting to escape their shithole countries and come bother us.

>Could desal be fueled by geo/solar/tidal and stills?
That sounds like a smart idea, user.

I'm sure it's obvious to people who engineer this crap and it probably has massive capacity issues. I'm would also imagine that the residual salt being scraped from the stills would be toxic.

I kinda want to get a textbook on this to understand the state of the art.

I like the bacteria layers on biosand filters. I wonder if they could be genetically engineered to process the salt.

But if more ice melts we just get more water???

if only that water were ready for drinking

>you will never be as accepting of death as apu

Attached: 1499141370965.png (657x527, 11K)

I have the actual knowledge and skills to make that myself, including the shower connected to actuators, and the android app, all without any subscription involved

youtube.com/watch?v=BE1HriDzlJs

Ever wonder how much water it takes to keep grass green in a desert? How about hand-wash your Lamborghini/Exotic Euro Import? How about how much it takes to make a single carton of Almond Milk or Orange Juice?

Jus sayin Commiefornia you are Koyaanisqatsi

sure, if you're not afraid some prankster will scald you

Attached: CvVFx_LWEAEdKrN.jpg (740x651, 122K)

I'm often baffled myself when I see that on google streetview in the desert southwest

Attached: somewhere in arizona.jpg (1813x852, 873K)

Do it fgt

>tankless water heater

It's a tankless job

Nuclear-powered desalination plants.

Does someone have the image this pepe is based off of?

>Like why can we not recreate a water table and has it ever been attempted? Like drill down and put in concrete honeycombs.
not really, water tables are trillion gallon aquifers. Not enough honeycomb for that
>We already see them seeding clouds in Texas, does Cali do the same?
This is really more of a meme, something for a local area, not large scale
>Could desal be fueled by geo/solar/tidal and stills?
It is the filters themselves that are so intensive and expensive. Getting salt out is surprisingly difficult when done at scale. Using salt water in a nuke plant then capturing the evaporation would work though

fuck yeah

also, eurofags and ppl not from US, did you know that homeowner associations can impose a fine on you for not keeping your grass mowed and green?

Attached: somewhere in cali.jpg (1920x1080, 372K)

You signed a contract when you purchased the home. Don't like it? Don't buy the house.

HIFI SPEAKERS WITH RGB

Yeah I lived in a neighborhood like that once. No outbuildings, grass well kept and no taller than 1 inch. If you can't be assed to do that then you have no say in homeowner meetings, no pool access, and you'll have to pay for your own trashman which is expensive as hell.

>it's bullshit and it's bad for ya

Sounds fair. Some house with overgrown brown grass would lower the value of the houses around it.

1st world countries will never run out, we have giant ass water treatment plants and limitless water

I'm pretty sure you can buy rgb showerheads

>Showers are not particularly Jow Forums
>How do we make them Jow Forums?
With electricity, of course.
youtube.com/watch?v=cNjA0aee07k

Attached: suicide-shower-guatemala.jpg (600x400, 48K)

DUST BOWL 2.0

I never understood Americans' obsession with their home's worth
I understand you work hard to afford and maintain it, but it's just utilitarian, like your car or computer. whether it's worth 20k more or less doesn't make a difference because it doesn't affect how you live in it.

Arizona is very good about its water use. Even though golf course water usage is high, they use a lot of reclaimed water and there's a LOT of golf acreage, which most statistics don't bother to take into account. The amount of zeroscape here is immense.

Are you retarded? What if you have to sell your house and move out? Or even use your house as collateral for a loan?

Will sonic showers ever be a thing (without permanently damaging your hearing)?

Aee you serious, long time global average temperatures have been rising, that's the warming

It will melt into oceans, which are salty. The ice will make them less so but it's still salty ocean water.

I haven't taken a shower in over a year, but I don't care. I just can't bring myself to care.

Attached: 1524604290267.jpg (793x786, 54K)

the solution to desert water is literally importing beavers but we've done a really good job killing them off.

how?
i shower 3 times per day just because im bored

you mean lowering

>Only showering 3 times a day
What the fuck is wrong with you?

climate change isn't real, faggot

can you post a pic of your wrist or something, I genuinely want to know how filthy your skin is.

Its clean user, I've got agoraphobia. I basically live in a closed system. My skin has a lot of sores though, from lack of hydration.

hey guys lets make our massive agricultural nightmare
in the fuckin desert

t. cali fags(proud to be GDP and literally requiring neighboring states to give us water or we literally die)

In polite response to OP, I would like to see a digital system allow the user to set volume and temperature (as opposed to setting hot volume / cold volume)

aquifer levels up from '15
stream velocities normal
snowpack 70% of average
reservoirs full capacity

DIRE DROUGHT BETTER CONSERVE WATER DONT BUILD DAMS THO BECAUSE THE ONE OF EIGHT SUBSPECIES OF FISH WILL GET CONFUSED AND SWIM THE WRONG WAY

you're so obvious to me, you don't even cite people making comments after the Alaskan storm, you deliberately resort to prestorm quotes.

>I never understood Americans' obsession with their home's worth
The idea is, your home is an investment. As you live in it, and raise your family there, you hope that one day, when you're older, and all your pensions are gone, and your private-pay insurance is so expensive that you can't afford it any more, that you will be able to survive a bit longer by selling your house -- a house that has hopefully gained in value over time.

If you're living in a neighborhood that goes to hell with people who move in and destroy the property values, you are losing part of your retirement income. This is very serious. Home ownership isn't just a matter of pride. It's a matter of mature, adult investment, too.

I read an article that mentioned that one of the few places seeing an increase in snow pack was the interior of Alaska. But I have read the opposite of your other stats. Are you sure you aren't reading stats from spring of 2017? I've been reading since December, keeping abreast of the snowpack issue, so I thought I was current.

So… are there no old family houses, kept for generations and passed down when necessary?

usgs, epa, UC davis all have good data sets and GIS apps. The data is out there.

Attached: gw.png (462x439, 14K)

It is very very sad that this has become so rare in America. The last statistics I read said that Americans move once every seven years on average. Jobs don't last that long. People are hired, then fired, so workers have to move to where they can find their next job. This has pushed as "normal" in the media.

House "flipping" as a means of gaining a quick buck has also devalued the importance of a house as a home. I remember a news article from back in 2008 or 2009, and it has always stayed with me. There was this beautiful home on the California coast, by itself on a promontory, sitting about 50-100 feet above a private sandy beach. Totally open views, nice lawn. It wasn't some ugly mansion, just a well-designed house with a nice extra garage, just perfect. And the owners were saying how they were deliberately declaring bankruptcy. It had nothing to do with they could afford the payments. They totally could. They just didnt want to because the housing market had slumped, and they were going to walk away from it.

I was stunned. Why weren't they living in this house! Why would they ditch it if it was a serious investment, because over time, the market was certain to rebound, and they could still get a profit, just delayed a bit? They didn't care. They went into detail about how they were upset that they weren't going to get an immediate "flip" profit on the home of a million dollars or so, and they were, in a sense, protesting. It was heart-breaking. A house like that being treated as a throw-away object.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Jobs aren't permanent any more, being able to live in your home isn't permanent any more, and so there is erosion of a sense of place and tradition. The family homestead spanning generations is slipping into legend.

Attached: gw.png (663x444, 22K)

Of course not. I can be fired or laid off at any moment with no warning whatsoever and the only way I can get raises is to job hop every two years or so, so I might be in an entirely new city a whole bunch of times in my life. Not conducive to home ownership.

It will progress once it affects rich people. Unfortunately for us neets and gnufaggots, we'll be dead from it in one way or another.

It's sad we're destroying the Earth but hey anything to let Schlomo Nosensteinshekelberg make more profits!

>not Jow Forums
just take a shower you filthy neet

Global average temperature over long period has been lowering? Pretty much every graph I could find shows that since late 1700s/esrly 1800s it's been rising, check out this article for example en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming

Thanks for the heads up. I looked at some recent data, and it is looking positive for most of the west coast.(Sorry, interior Oregon, you are doomed!) The onshore storm systems are doing a good job for the groundwater out west.

Claim water is a botnet

rgb lighting

i only take shower, when i start to smell bad.

>Own house
>Pay for everything yourself, fuck community
>Don't mow grass regularly, let it effectively be a jungle in my back yard+
>Never get a fine, the worst things I can get are snarky comments

Add botnet, that will record everything... And yeah, control only from smart phone.

So you don't turn gay

user, in a society where companies can rape persons any time and where money means that much more than people, people will naturally adjust all parts of their lifestyle to being able to make a quick buck.

It's shitty, doesn't get hot enough.

this picture depresses me

living in a trailer park is the ultimate redpill in a world where you have to spend a fuckton of money just to get a house because everyone bought in to the meme of thinking your house is an investment

But then a tornado hits your neighborhood.

That’s not how pressure works

what you mean SHITHOLE NIGGER COUNTRIES?
holy fuck grow up or go back to redd.it
also global warming is a myth

>putting basedbeans in your shower head

Attached: tfw high estrogen.png (647x740, 14K)

Test: reddit

add a big glass wall and turn the sky reddish and this is what I imagine some of the first cities on Mars will look like

Why is a sentient house posting on Jow Forums?

It's a showerhead which also serves as a coffee maker and emits light for nightly showers

>Big clive
Good taste user.

Is it bad to only take a shower when my hair starts to get dirty? (Every 2-3 days)

Sonic showers

if ur azn (pajeets dont count) you lack the gene that makes your sweat stink or sum shit
it's also the jean that makes yo dick not hilariously little tho (trufax)

1975-80 is around the time baby boomers reach 30-35 years which is when people usually involve themselves in politics and give their voices in shaping policy.

What a massive shitcunts of a generation.

*** ATTENTION *** All colonists in habidome 43A are requested to regularly check their home oxygen supplies and location of environmental suits.

Attached: mars.png (1920x915, 1.57M)

Kek
Fucking gold

There is no secret to water pressure though. It's really easy to regulate, don't need magic rocks to do it.

It's like voltage = resistance * current where voltage is pressure and current is the amount of water flowing. You increase the resistance to build more pressure with the same amount of current.

Wouldn't those rocks decrease the pressure then?
It's connected in series to the shower head, so you have a voltage drop at the rocks and get smaller pressure going through the shower head.

They have the same effect as having a smaller tube with water going through it. So yes, it will reduce total water flow. The part where the water comes out is obviously the highest resistance part though so most of the "voltage" is going to be there.