cdimage.ubuntu.com/lubuntu-next/daily-live/
wiki.debian.org/GraphicsCard
imgur.com/LxJHgeF
wiki.gnome.org/Initiatives/Wayland/GnomeShell/GnomeShell4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

but im already on debian testing

Switch to Ubuntu and say OMG! Ubuntu when you nut in a bitch

youtube.com/watch?v=ONXfL6evR0Q

was considering to install lolbuntu on VM for standard things because most of it just werks without me spending a lot time on configuring stuff but then I realized I can just stay comfy with debian without falling for lolbuntu meme

>not waiting for *.1 release
Enjoy your bugs.

they stopped making their .04 LTS versions?

bugs are great, patch em and add the experience to your resume.

Concept Art for the new Ubuntu. I imagine it will be something like this. Beavers love wood, I will have wood, and by that I mean a huge erect cock when I mount that .iso file like I mounted a fat black bitch last night.

Attached: bionic_beaver_by_loopywolf.jpg (561x590, 60K)

>add the experience to your resume
Some Launchpad Ubuntu bugs are open after years, even 5+ years. E.g. Enjoy your rotting away.

Xubuntu 18 when?

Attached: 1457035412077.jpg (322x322, 15K)

>I think Ubuntu 18.04 is a punishment by Canonical for the community's witchhunt against Unity and the company's efforts to make a professional rival to Windows. Well, there you have it. A free and open-source stupidity that takes us back a good decade or more. Unless a miracle happens, I already know my review of Bionic Beaver will be bad and sad, and I will not be using this as my next LTS. I might even be forced to compromise with 16.04 for a while. Maybe Kubuntu will be my savior. Or I'll just go on using Windows, which, despite everything you can say about Microsoft, including its silly games with Windows 10, is still actually a dependable operating system for adults.

>The beta does not have any big beta issues. But it does have deep, serious regressions that have nothing to do with the current release state and everything to do with the use of Gnome. Unity was a professional product. This is no longer the case. Canonical does not seem to care anymore, and this is a token release for the sake of it, infused with absolute zero enthusiasm. It shows. Livepatch, encryption, okay. But the rest of it is just worse, in every single aspect. Usability, quality, reliability, integrity of data, aesthetics, performance. There. And so, I'd like to thank the open-source community for their stalwart conservative efforts to destroy progress. Mission accomplished. Peace.

That fucker looks awful, shapeless and rushed.

Friendly Reminder to be careful with ubuntu and debian

Never install with their mini.iso as you do not know how it will work or if it will work at all

Always use their live cds

Reminder that a newer release may be buggy and or unstable on your hardware while a previous [lts] one may work ok

also a reminder that ubuntu releases are calendar based, not progress based, releases are made with or without fixing a bug

Xfce 4.14 when?

>Never install with their mini.iso as you do not know how it will work or if it will work at all
Please elaborate

it is completely possible for the installer to fail if you do not select a DE which is kinda the point of the mini.iso
even if it doesn't, after the reboot you may find it doesn't work right like the 17.10 release which was a steaming pile of shit [at the time debian was similar btw]

THE biggest meme is that ubuntu [or debian] is stable and works ootb

also the net install is pointless as all ppl i've seen here use it, select a DE at the last step of it -- why not use the flavour then, it actually installs faster and you have the benefit of seeing if it actually works before you install it

what time will 18.04 go live lads? I am waiting so I can get that official fresh delicious ISO from the cute little 18.04 box at the top of the downloads page.

Attached: 64e889e686efd7a0dd2ae98ba92d7401385c4337e58a5b8a2941849edeaae874.jpg (473x468, 32K)

Already upgraded
It's shit
They removed libcurl3 which is dependency for bunch of Electron apps, like Slack, Spotify, Insomnia etc
Also Chromium is having shitty font rendering starting this release and unexplained lockups (for this there is a bug filed in Launchpad)

So got so pissed off, wiped installation and installed Manjaro.
Manjaro is not perfect, but it will do the job until 18.04.1, when I'll try Obongo again

Sorry, my arch box is too comfy

cdimage.ubuntu.com/
pleb

>Obongo again
the only worth flavour is lubuntu

(OP)#
packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=cdrkit&searchon=names&suite=bionic§ion=all

DAILY REMINDER THAT UBUNTU AND DEBIAN A SHIT

A S H I T
S
H
I
T

source?
i would jump to opensuse if its that bad
>low-functioning autists ruin everything

cdrtools.sourceforge.net/private/linux-dist.html

2004+14 debian AND ubuntu STILL distribute their broken fork

>a professional rival to Windows
ugh, what is kde, moreover what is lxde, lxde literary tries to mimic windows 9x/xp

>Windows 10, is still actually a dependable operating system for adults.
youtube.com/watch?v=xxwXseCLtpk
lul
who wrote this shit

>unity
>progress

i need a high resolution of that image

dedoimedo.com/computers/ubuntu-beaver-beta.html

the absolute state of nu-Jow Forums

Attached: 1498566848314.jpg (385x375, 35K)

>tldr, i don't like gnome
one good thing out of this release is that the people who don't like gnome will multiply exponentially in a very short period of time

Use Ubuntu Budgie.

nha, it's either KDE or Xfce

WHEN
IS
THE
FUCKING
RELEASE?

Attached: 1499222170161.jpg (259x350, 82K)

still gtk, openbox still fucks with my touchpad, and lxqt was still a broken mess in the last lubuntu-next beta

xfeces or nothing

>gnome
fuck off

>lxqt was still a broken mess in the last lubuntu-next beta
>lubuntu-next beta
openbox has nothing to do with your touchpad

switching the wm to xfwm fixes my touchpad issues, there a but report for it soemwhere i cant be arsed to find.
>beta
cdimage.ubuntu.com/lubuntu-next/daily-live/
spoiler: networking is completly borked, sever panel applets are broken, nonfunctional, invisible, duplicated, or use ugly fallback icons instead of the defaulth theme

Did you even read anything I said prick. Clearly do not want the beta build and clearly want it on the actual download page rather than the site index.

Attached: 074e3590673ccf6cf179ee586cd20160cf16eaeca13a32879a8f3fb1688f1470.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

>he doesn't know all ubongo downloads are beta
you poor shmuk

>ubuntu problems
don't blame lxqt

yeah really, openbox has nothing to do with your touchpad

Oh wow you really got me buddy.

I know there would be literally no difference in me installing beta 2 and dist-upgrading later today but that takes the fun out of it.

Attached: 562e52cf3f68f44d02bd5876dd90f8ac670280d96fd69c3c3b2b1416f1d9d9fb.jpg (825x809, 117K)

you can't wait to get BEAVERED do you

why didn't they call it black bois

Attached: thinking.png (150x150, 6K)

Can't wait, i'm on kubuntu beta right now.

what is a nice and clean xubuntu theme?

Can't wait

arc

The fuck jobs are you applying for, my dude?

>it is completely possible for the installer to fail if you do not select a DE which is kinda the point of the mini.iso
lmao, canonical quality

>dont do a thing it needs
>it breaks

and you dumbasses dont understand

Attached: 969cb04b746422a68128cdde37c4cba206e224925153b1b1720191e6f79086d6.png (434x528, 294K)

>tfw using beta 2 since it came out
>tfw removed the extra ubuntu bloat, artwork and configuration
stock gnome is comfy

Next time you're using Windows 7, put the taskbar on the left and the two are almost indistinguishable.
Yes it's definitely progress over gtk2+metacity and even AppleGnome3.

xubuntu+compton is the best ubuntu experience there is

Attached: Xubuntu_logo.svg.png (600x600, 27K)

>they killed Unity for this
I'm also blaming the open source autism for this. Unity while not perfect and bug free was quite frankly the most productive out there with both features and simplicity.
Screen real state? Easy, just hide the dock and you have a tiny bar with your stuff and that integrates with the rest of your apps in form of global menus. So it's actually usable.
Sane defaults. Unlike KDE which is amazing, it has some default settings which casual users never needed to mess around. KDE actually makes me go to the settings and set up most of my global hot keys. Unlike Unity and by extension Gnome.
Unity 8 had it all to become the best DE by ditching Gtk and finally switching to Qt.

And open source autism and hate killed it. Linux will never dominate and if it do it will now be by the hands of Gnome, a completely useless DE that loses to everything against unity.
Good job. You all deserve it.

You can install Unity on 18.04; Canonical is still supporting it with bug and security fixes until 2021.

>sane defaults
>literally breaking hotkey compatibility with included software (libreoffice)
>having to download 2 different tweak tools and edit shortucts to fix this
yeah no unity was garbage

Sucks that a Unity 7 remix wasn't made in time for 18.04. Hope that one is made by 18.10-19.10 so it can reach official flavor status for the next LTS.

Unity could’ve been even more amazing. But nope, the community killed it and now there’s Gnome.
I’m sticking with 16.04.

Werks on my machine

>it is completely possible for the installer to fail if you do not select a DE which is kinda the point of the mini.iso
what the fuggg
>you have to install a DE no matter what
are you that dumb

G-gentoo, anyone? Ubuntu is for Linux newbies. Be a man and install Debian if you're lazy compiling and learning the true nature of the CLI.

>le power user maymay
Enjoy spending your time fixing your machine instead of actually using it :^)

Fuck off, this is a newbie thread now.

Fixing? Gentoo? The most time-consuming job is installing it, afterwards it's flawless. That's not your fucking Arch, bro.

where can I find that lolibuntu?

>M-meme, anyone? Just Works is for Linux newbies. Be a memer and install freetard meme if you're lazy meming and learning the meme nature of the CLI.

The only thing that unity did better is save screenspace, the rest is pure nostalgia glasses. Global menu required messing around when compiling software and didn't work for everything.
Performance and vsync were supbar to new kde/gnome.
In recent versions of unity there were problems with searching applications right after install (requiring relog on 16.10 and 17.04).
Configuration being split between 3 different tools (compizconfig that until 14.04 broke when touched, unity-tweak, and later gnome-tweak because unity-tweak stopped being updated and working properly with some options).
The gtk3/2 hybrid themes (this is still a problem on 18.04 because light themes use the gtk2 murrine engine, thats why they want to ditch it).
Lightdm dependencies (which in turn forced plymouth dependencies because whatever we need logos at boot).
Damn unity 8 demo in every late release with qt5 dependencies included for the unity-webapps.
"Unity scopes" or whatever that was or did.

So, when does lxqt stop being shit and become the most popular DE?

>Just works
Fucking spyware and a Amazon ass-licking company behind it.
Corporate shit. If Gentoo's a meme for you than install a real distro, kiddo... If Debian's too harsh for you than don't waste your time beeing a "linux user".

Will I be able to run OpenCL programs if I update/install it?

Ubuntu is for goys.

i don't mind gnome (on the surface) but it works like shit

lxde is better

you live in fantasy land
unity was a gnome fork with a few minor patches to give it a unique and useless look, nothing more

>lxde is better

not really

>Fucking spyware
>its spyware because neets on the internet tell me that it is!even though i have no evidence to prove it!
>Amazon ass-licking company behind it
cant really disagree with this
>Corporate shit
>glory to communism!
>If Gentoo's a meme for you than install a real distro, kiddo...
>its not a meme because neets on the internet use it daily!
>If Debian's too harsh for you than don't waste your time beeing a "linux user"
its equally easy as ubuntu,but their freetard nature still kind of annoying

I get screen tearing in Debian, none in Ubuntu. Call me retarded but I use what works.

When does the damn download come out?!

Thankfully my mom runs Kubuntu LTS, so this doesn't affect me all that much.

Unity was made for tablets

yes, rly
>best fm
>best wm
arc theme, /done

That's what I'm talking about... You don't even know how to properly install and configure your video driver... Enjoy your procrastination syndrome, you lazy fuck. If you were a real Linux user, you'd spend the whole night investigsting what's causing the tearing... You've probably haven't even enabled the vsync option.

So we can all agree to get MATE right

>If you were a real Linux user, you'd spend the whole night investigsting what's causing the tearing
I'm not that fag but I have better things to do than configure my video driver.

what card?

>unique and useless look
It's the DE with the most efficient usage of screen real states. Windows bezels are small and they integrate to the tiny bar at the top, giving it a extra use instead of just status and clock.
Gnome has the useless bar at the top which you have to click to do stuff and has nothing besides it.
The dock has a useful search function which is only beaten by Krunner.

Also, I've mentioned clearly in my post that their move to Qt would greatly improve the DE.
Things like the no thumbnail meme would finally be fixed and shit from KDE would work much better.

>If you were a real Linux user
This page wiki.debian.org/GraphicsCard doesn't give any details about configuring a graphics card. I created an xorg configuration file and ran compton but no luck. My card is a Intel Corporation Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series Graphics & Display (rev 0e) though so it could just be old.

Ahh, you're the coder, excuse me the programmer, uhh, I mean the software engineer that's constantly calling the guy from devops, or even worse, the IT call center fat neckbeards to fix your unfixable problem because you're a real professional and don't want wasting time... Spending it to solve your own issues? You're a real CS graduate. I'm proud of guys like you being part of the Linux community in order to feel special. Cheerio.

he solved his issue by installing ubuntu

It's out.

Nope.

Attached: lmao.png (1280x800, 60K)

How did they manage to make it more ugly?

I'll stick with Xubuntu 18.04. I'm really disappointed in Ubuntu. I absolutely loved 14.04 and 16.04. Total shame.

It's SO ugly now and my god, what is it with Gnome 3 and being laggy/slow?

Fuck.

I guess Ubuntu Mate is officially the go-to to anyone who wants a Unity like experience now:
imgur.com/LxJHgeF

Looks way better than this Gnome mess.

Install Gentoo

We're all elementary users here.

>Gnome 3 and being laggy/slow?
they decided that coupling javascript into the main compositing thread was a smart move.

>cuz javascript is the best thing ever made.

who cares if a plugin or gnome-shell action stutters or locks up the entire desktop enviroment?
in wayland when this happens the mouse cursor also locks up since inputs also is crammed into the main compositing draw thread so you cant click anything.

like what the fuck is going on.

ill tell you whats going on!
gnome-shell is so trash and designed in such a cancerous way that it cannot be fixed, they have to redo so much they are moving it to gnome-shell 4.

wiki.gnome.org/Initiatives/Wayland/GnomeShell/GnomeShell4

WTF I love Ubuntu Mate now

>thumbnail meme
Qt is even worse than GTK with that
KDE=/=Qt
and i fail to see how Qt would magically fix unity
even kde can barely keep up with it