Wat to do w iPhone 4s

Found my 4s, has iOS 6.
Shit runs smooth as butter but can't download new apps obviously.
Any other ideas what I can do with it ? Aftermarket parts are cheap as balls now

Inb4 throw away

Attached: IMG_8592.png (800x800, 128K)

If the battery still good, use it as MP3/M4A player.

iOS 8 is the latest you can run and its still incredibly useful

i have a 64gb 4s as a backup to my 6s with all my contacts as an emergency phone

just used it last week when i was getting a new battery in my 6s desu.....i will use it les and less now now i have a DSD DAP with a headphone jack....apple fucked up big time

Is iOS 8 usable on a 4s ?

Yep battery's still good, probably even enough to watch a movie on a flight. Saves me some battery for my daily phone

Any hardware modifications I can do to sustain/improve a 4s?

yes alot of apps still falback to iOS unless they are trying to jew you

case being you can install foobar and play opus 1.2 ... i did alot of resaearch into putting a big big opus library on my phone from my 24 bit flac library and yeah... cant go back any further than iOS 8

still very very usefull to me because jailbreak. i use it to torrent @ 4mbs of my city wifi

Don't update to iOS 8, the battery may be fine but it'll feel slow as fuck compared to iOS 6 and the interface isn't optimized for the small screen.

Livestream while shove it up your ass

The 4s is supported by iOS 9 (the 4 tops out at iOS 7)

If you find an app and it says it requires something higher than what you have, try installing it anyway. Many of the more popular apps will offer an older version if you don't meet the requirements for the latest.

This but unironically

Don't do it. It's pretty garbage.
At least save your SHSH blobs so you can go back to 6 after you regret everything

>can't download new apps obviously.
huh? why not? you can run new apps on similar age android phones like the GSII
wasn't the iphone all about long software support cycles?

Funny you should say that because I also own a GSII and it bugs out every time I try to download a new app. Most of the non standard apps don't even open anymore so it's just as useful as my 4S.
The 4s allows me to get a few apps but mainly useless ones, not stuff like WhatsApp etc unfortunately

have you tried lineageos?

Nope, is it a better OS for a GSII?

i'd argue it's a better os for most phones it supports
but doubly so for ones like the S2 where official updates dried up ages ago

A lot of you are talking about battery life. Idk if you know but most android phones (not new ones like note 5) support 3rd party batteries, all you have to do is get a 10000mah battery for your note 4 and you can stay on for a week without charging (not joking, literally I stay on for about like 5 days with heavy use). If battery life matters to you so much, consider this option

Use it as mini tablet at places with Wi-Fi or as an mp3 player.

jailbreak and install appcake you should be able to get old version of apps on there

Install whited00r on it or whatever it's called

They only keep the most recent versions of apps

Fuck I wish this worked on a iPhone.
Still have a GS2 laying around tho, possible on that one ?

Isn't this mainly for 3GS's/iPods n shit ?

Yeah as long as you can take out the battery and as long as a company made a battery for it

Kek, you can hardly modify a laptop, you think you'll be able to modify a phone?

Give it back, Jamal

Apart from visual changes I havent really Found hardware changes but hey thought maybe one of you guys had an idea

>Kek
Go back to r*ddit, retard. You have no idea what you're talking about.

>but can't download new apps obviously.
Why not?
If you try you'll be offered a version that matched your current OS. It's not Android, you know.

yes