Attached: index.jpg (201x251, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iQ_4C2TKHQ0
hothardware.com/news/amd-zen-chip-architect-jim-keller-leaves-tesla-join-intel
youtube.com/watch?v=SOTFE7sJY-Q
eetimes.com/document.asp?doc_id=1330348&page_number=1
youtube.com/watch?v=gF6wbwVzByU
theverge.com/2012/8/1/3212406/jim-keller-joins-amd-vp-chief-architect
bloomberg.com/research/stocks/people/person.asp?personId=215060089&privcapId=168864
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Intel must be shitting themselves to hunt him down. Can only imagine the pay they offered him.

it's over. By the time ryzen is competitive intel will have Keller's baby

Going to take at least 3 years of dev then another year before it hits silicon.
Intel is fucked in the mean time but they have been talking periodically to let go of legacy x86 PC features come early 2020s, so this would like up with that.
If you want you can still boot MS-DOS 1.0 or CP/M to this day on chips, but soon you may only be able to boot UEFI enabled OSs...

wait didnt he swap over to AMD not too long ago

>Jim Keller, the VLSI guru who led the team behind AMD's spectacular comeback in the x86 processor market with "Zen,"
This is literal fiction though. Mike Clark was the chief architect on Zen and Suzanne Plummer lead the team. These tech """""journalists""""" will say anything to try and sex up a story for clicks.

He definetly had some input on Zen.
He's going to be a manager at Intel, just like at AMD.

Your post is literally shit pulled out of your ass.

youtube.com/watch?v=iQ_4C2TKHQ0

Feel free to post some evidence that Jim Keller played a major role in designing Zen, given that we know he didn't design the architecture and we know that he didn't lead the team.

Your AMDrone damage control is a little bit too insane.
Calm the fuck down, Rakesh.

Ah, memes. So no proof then? Glad we've confirmed that you are officially blown the fuck out.

Poo in the loo, Pajeet.

A design director is not an engineer. Not even close. They're barely even a manager. Why do AMD fanboys always talk big when they know nothing about corporate structure and product design in tech companies.

Literally who cares

Stay blown the fuck out, user.

Are you fucking retarded? Mike Clark and Suzanne Plummer are both engineers. Five seconds in Google could inform you of both their histories. Do a little basic research before you post at me, clown.

He left to work for Elon recently, he tends to only stay at a place for 1-3 years like a very sought-after contractor.

Goy...

Attached: 1506977929561.png (200x200, 45K)

He keeps switching companies, wasn't he at apple too?

Attached: 1503658234893.jpg (400x533, 33K)

DEC -> AMD -> P.A. Semi -> Apple -> AMD -> Tesla -> Intel.

Probably doesn't want to get bored. After working on a chip for 3 years he might not want to work on what might just be an incremental iteration. So he hops to another company that has a different set of requirements and challenges and gets to experience the fun of a fresh project all over again.

He must wipe his ass with non-compete clauses.

>Jim takes a job at Intel
>suddenly amdpajeets all over the internet start shilling how he didn't create zen

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

AMDrones on suicide watch.

"Jim is one of the most respected microarchitecture design visionaries in the industry, and the latest example of top technical talent to join Intel," said Dr. Murthy Renduchintala, Intel's chief engineering officer and group president of the Technology, Systems Architecture & Client Group (TSCG). "We have embarked on exciting initiatives to fundamentally change the way we build the silicon as we enter the world of heterogeneous process and architectures. Jim joining us will help accelerate this transformation."

Keller has more than two decades of experience in x86 and ARM-based microarchtecture design. He's worked on chip designs across a range of platforms, including PCs, servers, mobile devices, and automobiles.

"I had a great experience working at Tesla, learned a lot, and look forward to all the great technology coming from Tesla in the future. My lifelong passion has been developing the world's best silicon products," Keller said. "The world will be a very different place in the next decade as a result of where computing is headed. I am excited to join the Intel team to build the future of CPUs, GPUs, accelerators and other products for the data-centric computing era."

hothardware.com/news/amd-zen-chip-architect-jim-keller-leaves-tesla-join-intel

R.I.P Ryzen 2017-2018

Mommy will fix it.

Attached: lisa-su-amd-ceo-645x803.jpg (645x803, 104K)

youtube.com/watch?v=SOTFE7sJY-Q

next time consider searching before opening your mouth

She's the only successful businesswoman who actually knows her shit I can name.

Actually, this indicates that Intel is trying to make new CPU design, Wow. Took them so fucking long to even thing about creating something new, amazing.

How much does a person like that make per year?
200k? 500k? 1 million? Unimaginable amounts?

fuck, rip in piss amd.
you're greatest weapon fell into enemy hands

low quality bait

Reminder that he's moving to Texas (presumably Plano) not Haifa, Israel.
Intel CPU design is coming back to the states.
Haifa boys are out of a job.

unenforcable in california

eetimes.com/document.asp?doc_id=1330348&page_number=1
>In an evening talk at the annual Hot Chips conference here, chief architect Michael T. Clark rattled off a lengthy list of improvements in Zen.
>Michael T. Clark
>Michael
>T.
>Clark
>M
>I
>C
>H
>A
>E
>L
>
>T
>.
>
>C
>L
>A
>R
>K

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

AYYMDPOORFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH

Intel has 2 separate CPU design teams you brainlet.

Yeah, and their main one is in Israel(Core2, Nehalem, SB, HSW)

Are you retarded?

Nehalem & Haswell was designed at Intel Oregon

probably millions, he is the CHIEF architect, people hire him to influence the WHOLE company. Such as he recently did with AMD, without him they would not be where they are right now. Intel probably paid him around 50-100million contract.

youtube.com/watch?v=gF6wbwVzByU

KEK

Attached: 1495518807858.jpg (1243x1143, 424K)

>goyim still cant tell that those behind intel and amd are one and the same.

Attached: roth.png (625x430, 254K)

Wrong, the Oregon team and the Haifa team are internally competing with each other every tick- tock cycle for the new uArch. whoever presents the better uArch between them then moves forward.

>You don't own nuthin goyim

Attached: 1524764997383.jpg (853x1280, 200K)

Its all a puppet show run by the illuminati to create the ilusion of competition and still make money, brian and lisa su are laughing there way to the bank i even bet they fuck once in a while in super private meetings in some ultra secret vip club or some shit.

>intel
>making new uarch
AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAH

>not actually important and AMD lost a good freelancer but he's a freelancer
>immediate whinging and memeing about it ackchually being important

Attached: huehuehuehue.jpg (184x184, 7K)

Non-compete clauses are more or less for peasants like us that can't afford a legal team. They are practically unenforceable once you have a bit of money to throw at the problem. No one walks into a board room with someone like Keller and make him sign an non-compete, they know better. That and some states don't allow them in general as well.

wasnt he involved with raven ridge? the arm x86 hybrid that got axed?

Because he was the CHIEF ARCHITECT OF MICROPROCESSING you retard. He was the boss of EVERYONE who anything remotely to do with CPUs and SoCs. That means everyone who even remotely touched Zen, Infinity Fabric, CCX, K12, RR, the DDR4 controller, etc. had to go through Keller first and his word was law for AMD CPUs. You're the kind of arrogant do-nothing dumbshit monkey who goes HURR WHAT DUS MY BOSS DO. A lot more than you ever will you chattle.

>CHIEF ARCHITECT OF MICROPROCESSING

Attached: d27.png (645x729, 75K)

What do you think why they kept milking those 4cores from those intelfanboy spastics for over 10years. I think they just saved money for a new design "saved" as much as a Company led by Marketing wankers and not by engineers can do

theverge.com/2012/8/1/3212406/jim-keller-joins-amd-vp-chief-architect
>AMD has announced that veteran chip designer Jim Keller, who previously worked for AMD, Broadcom, and Apple, will be joining the company as corporate vice president and microprocessor chief architect.

bloomberg.com/research/stocks/people/person.asp?personId=215060089&privcapId=168864
>Mr. Keller has been the Chief Architect of Microprocessor Cores and Corporate Vice President of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. since August 1, 2012

holly fucking shit!

Attached: 1522604482722.png (654x452, 540K)

>Feel free to post some evidence that Jim Keller played a major role in designing Zen, given that we know he didn't design the architecture and we know that he didn't lead the team.
I'd say the best evidence of this 'major role' is that AMD's chief competitor hired him.

Keller got so mad of the tech companies dragging their asses he went and give boosts to everyone.

I think he just wants to speed up the singularity so he can upload his mind.

NO THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING

Maybe he's from the future and got sent back to make sure our tech progreses forward faster

Then why didn't he go back to kill x86?

maybe there's something way more cancerous than that, and by doing this his preventing it from happening as it did in his original timeline.

So Intel will catch up to AMD in the next five to ten years, depending on how hard it is to unfuck their CPU?

I doubt it. The way i see it AMD gave Jimbo alot of indepenance to do his thung. Intel is a fuckhueg company which might stiffle his vision

He's literally starting as Senior Vice President somewhere were he has never worked, there's literally no bigger and important semiconductor out there
But it looks like serious problems, he still has Brian above him, and completely JUST'ed fabs along no talent left, he would have to completely change Intel's corporate culture to get anywhere which Brian won't allow

They didn't, all the money went to the fabs and bonuses for managers like Brian due to the record earnings

>t. increasingly nervous AMDumbfucks

You might be right. Good thing I wasn't going to go back to Intel anyway. Ryzen all the way.

>guise the publicly known financials ain't real!!!11!!
>Intel didn't bring in people from competing companies because they have no direction and talent left, it's because they da besttt!!!1!!

>t.250 watt rylel+
>still loses to 8700k
Ice Lake is going to demolish AMDicks into the stone age.

>JIM KELLER, JEW KILLER

JIM KELLER, POO KILLER

You mean that 10nm process thats been delayed for 3 years. Good luck when ryzen 2 drops

>still loses to 8700k
Loses how? Price performance or absolute performance? Also 8700k slows down to crawl when you apply the mandatory patches that make it secure. AMD goes past it left and right. And isn't "Ice Lake" just a quicker way of saying "Sandy Bridge but, like, smaller"?

Why is CPU fanboyism a thing again?
At this point the market is literally Jim Keller vs. Jim Keller

worrying about process names

sad! its a shitty way to measure anything really

Attached: 7nm Comparisons.jpg (685x599, 69K)

the only thing trendy reddit geeks and other casuals know how to do on technology forms is worship brands

that and shitting all over the place hoping to get into a funny maymay screencap

that image only shows that intel is far behind on most things

Double Agent
Joins Intel and ruins their production line for the next 10 years, leaves and rejoins AMD...

it actually shows their 10nm is equivalent with other's 7nm aside from voltage

Best comment ever

dude looks like he has down syndrome so I'm honestly amazed he's chief architect of anything more complex than potato

It comes from /v/ console wars faggotry.

it's fun.

NOOOOO IT WAS OUR TURN

Attached: 1501879825776.png (653x726, 91K)

CERTIFIED

>>whinging
No, you are the meme.

SHIT

Those things only last for like 2 years. There's been more than enough time.

F

6 million a year minimum.

..which they can't deliver in the same time frame as other fab's 7nm

:^)

My Jim Keller is better than your Jim Keller.

>jim keller nowhere in sight
ah of course, AMD™ would tell everyone they know what they are doing!

Reminder without Jim Keller AMD™ Produced Bulldozer™

This pretty much prove Brian Lurking here

>Dr. Murthy Renduchintala, Intel's chief engineering officer

I think I've found their problem lads...

A story about Intel process tech, sit down, and enjoy.

1/ Apparently, a while back, Intel hired outside consultants to benchmark their progress against the foundries. Those consultants informed Intel that they were behind the foundries in some key areas.

2/ Intel, of course, believing in its own superiority basically didn't take the outside consultants seriously, thinking they were full of shit.

3/ Later on, Intel would start to get clues from key semiconductor equipment makers. Intel would, I am told, refuse help from these equipment makers, again believing in its own superiority.

4/ Eventually, when the equipment makers started to tell Intel things like, "we're surprised you're still struggling with Problem XYZ because Competitor X/Y figured that out a while go..." did Intel finally start to become more receptive to input.

5/ This story points to a fundamental problem within Intel: They actually believe their own marketing bullshit about being way ahead of the foundries -- it's a corporate culture thing. This arrogance hurts them -- badly.

Some additional info on Intel 10nm: Intel is trying its absolute best to get things working, they are, from what I hear, sparing no expense on 10nm and they are literally trying everything, even going to far as to pull unproven experimental stuff from the research labs.

One thing is clear: Intel 10nm is the biggest process related disaster in the company's history, it really makes the 14nm struggles look like a walk in the park by comparison. It is truly a horror show for this process.

The larger part of his compensation would be in options, and easily in the 10's of millions.

>a fundamental problem within Intel: They actually believe their own marketing bullshit about being way ahead of the foundries -- it's a corporate culture thing.

This is clear

IT'S NOT FAIR

This will be as common as 3200C14 after he's done.

Attached: 4500-17-18-18-2T.jpg (1170x882, 316K)

How alpha and smart is Keller?
Can he really just go to any tech company and get a job?

Why would they hire Luke Skywalker?

Nice source faggot.
Fuck off with your shitty fan fiction.