Jim Joins intel

Amd drones in full panic now
anandtech.com/show/12689/cpu-design-guru-jim-keller-joins-intel

Attached: PK-IC-DK2.jpg (1156x713, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

venturebeat.com/2016/08/24/how-amd-designed-what-could-be-its-most-competitive-processors-in-a-decade/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

OH NO NO NO

>Jim leaves AMD for Tesla
>leaves Tesla for Intel
>leaves Intel for ???

As I am a consumer of processors I encourage any and all companies to employ the Certified Shit Wrecker.

Attached: 1518033257068.jpg (592x887, 110K)

>Best Korea

>Kim Keller will produce superweapons for Kimmy boy
Based!

Jill will deliver 8ghz Intel 16 cores without infinity glue

WTF I HATE AMD NOW

well considering he is mostly interested in semiconductor design to push the industry.. he might go for amd again when intel catches up

Jim took 4 years to como up with Ryzen. Will Intel finally give up on tri-gate?

Intel has 100x the resources of AMD. I'd give him 6 months to bankrupt the poojeets.

>>Jim leaves AMD for Tesla
>>leaves Tesla for Intel
>>leaves Intel for ???
For IBM where he'll pioneer us into consumer quantum computers

>YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE
>IT WAS SAID YOU WOULD DESTORY THE SHINTELS, NOT JOIN THEM

Attached: You_Were_The_Chosen_One.jpg (600x342, 23K)

>this is how assblown Intel is by Ryzen
>they're paying Jim "the kikekiller" keller millions to spare their lives

Attached: 1502102712611.jpg (846x1194, 254K)

>Jill will deliver 8ghz Intel 16 cores without infinity glue
Then he jumps back to amd single handedly driving the market

Based Keller is bringing balance. Without him saving Intel's ass. With the way ryzen is progressing it could very well sucede Intel by zen 2. And ryzen will begin a monopoly.

>Intel has 100x the resources of AMD
A story about Intel process tech, sit down, and enjoy.

1/ Apparently, a while back, Intel hired outside consultants to benchmark their progress against the foundries. Those consultants informed Intel that they were behind the foundries in some key areas.

2/ Intel, of course, believing in its own superiority basically didn't take the outside consultants seriously, thinking they were full of shit.

3/ Later on, Intel would start to get clues from key semiconductor equipment makers. Intel would, I am told, refuse help from these equipment makers, again believing in its own superiority.

4/ Eventually, when the equipment makers started to tell Intel things like, "we're surprised you're still struggling with Problem XYZ because Competitor X/Y figured that out a while go..." did Intel finally start to become more receptive to input.

5/ This story points to a fundamental problem within Intel: They actually believe their own marketing bullshit about being way ahead of the foundries -- it's a corporate culture thing. This arrogance hurts them -- badly.

Some additional info on Intel 10nm: Intel is trying its absolute best to get things working, they are, from what I hear, sparing no expense on 10nm and they are literally trying everything, even going to far as to pull unproven experimental stuff from the research labs.

One thing is clear: Intel 10nm is the biggest process related disaster in the company's history, it really makes the 14nm struggles look like a walk in the park by comparison. It is truly a horror show for this process.

So instead, AMD will remain at 5% market share, sounds great for competition..

he can't do magic, developing a new arch takes at least 4 years, so AMD won this round already
they only need to not release another bulldozer after ryzen and they'll be fine

Keller is probably just there to point intel in the right direction rather than designing a new arch

You know jim keller is joining intels shitty atom soc division, it seems like intel wants to have another go at smartphones and is using jim keller to make intel atom socs not absolute shit that OEMs wouldn't even use when intel gave them away for free

By the time Keller gets the ball rolling, amd will have won a lot of market share. Its just starting to pick up now and the businesses looking to buy servers takes time cause they don't exactly upgrade as retardedly as enthusiasts. Amd has got the ball rolling and Intel is stuck in the mud.
Like I said
Wasn't that basically his role in and?

delet!

This is great news. Why? Because even if AMD becomes the dominant CPU power in PC hardware, there is no guarantee that they will continue their consumer friendly tactics. The core is running on its last legs and is dying out fast. By this time next year, we will be burying the core architecture, in terms of performance and anyone sticking with Intel will be an idiot, for that time, until Intel's new arch launches. We need the competition, we need Intel back to providing a competitive product to the consumer. It is crucial, in order to avoid stagnation and have a repeat of the past 8 years, but from AMD's side.

amd will keep bleeding market share on desktop and laptops, both on cpu and gpu. zen is a server product.

i dont think the zen success on servers will be enough to take them out of the swamp they are in in the consumer market

intel isn't helping, being a bitch like always and with its marketing on full force. nvidia is even worse, they are the next intel of gpus.
they both have to marketing, which works great on the consumer markets

amd has none, they have not even a 1/10th of nvidia and intel marketing budget, and they are both playing dirty too

if intel gets back on track in the lucrative server market amd will be in deep shit in the next years

Give me some of that shit you're on, looks amazing

I have an ADM cpu, should i be worried? Who is this guy? Does this make my CPU slower now? My son told me the cpu is the most important "brain" of the computer - i don't want it to get too slow.

What

He's a CPU hacker that makes your CPU forget its electron pathways via rotational velocidensity over time making it slower

hacker as in code hacker, not enter your PC hacker, him and Intel will release code to Microsoft which will include the slowdown in a year or two

NVidia

I don't mind another Bulldozer, give me 128 cores for $250 plox

>Will Intel finally give up on tri-gate
Wot? Everyone uses tri-gate now

Attached: Mark-Bohr-22FFL-2017_004.jpg (2667x1500, 269K)

>128 cores with zen1 IPC running at 500W TDP

>silicone master at x86
>having anything in experience to quantum

are you a retard?

>at x86
uhhhmm sweetie, he has also designed ARM and Power processors

>cucks rooting for intel to increase their market share even more
Fucking idiots. If AMD went bankrupt, you'd have to pay twice as money for twice as slow CPUs than we have today.

you do know jim keller didn t design ryzen right ? venturebeat.com/2016/08/24/how-amd-designed-what-could-be-its-most-competitive-processors-in-a-decade/

Michael Clark did

He's famous for his work on Alpha/K7/Zen designs. At Apple he worked on the A4/A5 of which no one should be proud.

Just look at how generous intel has been since AMD has been back. 4c4t unlocked CPU from them went down by 62 dollars. (7600k -> 8350k, amazon prices)

It was actually designed by a team of 100s of engineers...

This

Zen itself isn't even a radical or interesting design outside of the CCX and Infinity Fabric, which is actually derived from the Freedom Fabric spec they bought when AMD bought seamicro. Keller even said very plainly in early interviews that they were not trying to reinvent the wheel and do something radical.

yes but what i meant is JIM is given too much credit

This.

Shhh... He's a tech God. He can conceive of things just by gentle caressing

>yes but what i meant is JIM is given too much credit
Heretic!!!

Their failed fabs do, the logic R&D doesn't have much more than AMD
This doesn't account for the fact that Brian JUST'ed most of Intel's talent into Samsung/AMD/Nvidia

The entire Zen team is a few dozen people, not 100's

Hiring Jim Keller now is probably a good indication that Ice Lake isn't going to bring a whole lot to the table, nor that new microarch they've been promising for 2021.

Look forward to a new Intel microarch five years from now.

Attached: elsie-2.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

>each with three avx-512 units, making gpus obsolete
Can't wait for nVidia getting BTFOd.

Attached: cite-2.png (1187x846, 11K)