How often do you switch phones Jow Forums?

how often do you switch phones Jow Forums?

Attached: result_rotated.jpg (300x169, 12K)

Once in a decade or so. I'm on my third.

Feels like every 3 to 4 years is the sweet spot.

When I feel like it

Pretty often. I'm never satisfied with my current phone, so I usually switch to a different one every few months or so.

I'm such a slut.

Attached: e3e.jpg (680x578, 36K)

When it dies.
Nexus 4: ~4 years
Nexus 5X: ~2 years
Sony XZ1 Compact: Still going

first phone samsung galaxy s2

second phone sony z3c

these phones are neat but I hardly use them for anything besides being phones

also the prices on phones are fucking ridiculous

When it dies, breaks when too old to find parts, or it becomes frustrating to use.

When it breaks and the cost of fixing => buying a better, new phone.

Example:
iPhone 3GS on a plan for 2 years but kept it for an extra year
iPhone 5 on a plan for 2 years then gave it to my cousin
iPhone 6 on a plan for 2 years, kept it until early this year
iPhone X purchased outright on a bring your own sim plan

Every 2-3 years. Until now. Feel I will stick to my sgs5 until it breaks. The phones(excluding apple) from the last 5 years are so good there is no reason to upgrade.

Often enough to keep your mother from bothering me. Bitch be thirsty.

/thread

Every 2 years

When I need to.
Currently using a 2015 moto x pure and apart from some battery deprecation and a blue spot that has appeared, it's still working perfectly.
I'm sure it also helps that I'm an adult and I only use my phone for irc and Jow Forums instead of games, so I don't need anything very powerful or with a good camera.

About every three years or so?

>flip phone
>Blackberry Torch
>Blackberry Z10
>Moto G4

It hurts having a non-BB10 phone.

When they shit the bed

>Ericsson t18d up to 2005 when all carriers switched to GSM and D-AMPS died.
>Motorola C650 up to 2007 when battery pulled an allahu akbar
>Nokia 5700 XpressMusic up to 2012 when it bootlooped LG style.
>Now on a Samsung C3520, still going strong until carriers kill 2G.

Still tbqh everyone from work, family and friends are bitching me to change so they can spam me with their fucking whatsapp/facebook/twitter messages and dead memes.

I'm still using an iPhone 4, can't really do anything other than call and text but I hardly use it anyway.

>It hurts having a non-BB10 phone
I refuse to give it up. I'm buying a Passport in a few weeks, pretty excited

Why did you willingly buy Apple phones so many times?

I still use an iPhone 4
The home button has gotten a bit sketchy, most apps arent supported and a bunch of websites crash.

What about the battery?

Hasn't really degraded too much as far as I can tell. But I don't do benchmarks on it.

2-3yrs

Depends if I got a good phone in the first place. Good phone always 3yrs.

>When it breaks and the cost of fixing => buying a better, new phone.
but your example doesn't reflect this at all. it actually says
>i'm a filthy normalfag that waits for my carrier overlord to tell me they'll subsidize my new iShit every 2 years. except for the new le notch device. i wanted that one so bad i paid less for it than i usually would with financing!

About every 5 years

Every 4 years.

I'll use my Redmeme Note 4X until it craps out. SD 625 is enough for most daily tasks. I don't use the camera often enough to warrant spending more.

Whenever I feel like it, usually about every 2 years. I bought a Xiaomi phone last June and it still works pretty well, despite the camera which I don't really use much.

I'm on my 5th phone since 2004.
First got switched by an "upgrade" my whole family got. Second got switched by a passion-purchase which I regretted very quickly. I then vowed to use it until it broke. I did, and the speaker stopped working, so I went back to the second phone. I then purchased the fourth, about when the 2nd broke. Fourth got replaced when its micro-USB port stopped working. Currently on my 5th, an LG G3, and going strong since 2015. Will replace when it breaks, not before that.

whenever my old phone dies, so far every 5-8 years

When I feel like it, it breaks or it starts running like shit, usually every 2-3 years.

I replaced my Galaxy S3 with the Oneplus One because it started running like shit, I replaced my Oneplus One with the Oneplus 3 because I felt like it and I wanted to upgrade to a phone with better features like quick charging so I could keep using it for a longer time, even if the battery starts going to shit.

Now I'm thinking about replacing my Oneplus 3 with the Sony XZ2 Compact because I want a smaller phone with a 18:9 screen, but I'm skeptical to get a phone without custom ROM support, because I want to be able to slap a custom ROM on it when the phone stops getting official updates.

Around once every 2 years. Switched from LG G2 to Meizu PRO 5 to OnePlusb5T. G2's digitizer fucked up on half of the screen, PRO5 was perfectly fine but I wanted to get a phone with something more up to date than fucking Lollipop.

5-6 years

I'm on my fourth in two decades, still on my first "smart-phone".

>I'm never satisfied with my current phone
Here's the secret: You'll never be satisfied with your future phone, either.

Still on Samsung Galaxy S4, the screen is a bit cracked, but it doesn't really bother me and the sim card stopped working, ordered a new mobo from aliexpress to replace it.

2-3 years unless it breaks.

Usually 2 or 3 years. I usually give my old phone to my mother when i upgrade. Basically i upgrade when she destroys her phone