>2018
>not using an iPod Nano 7th gen (pic related mine)
What's your excuse?

Attached: 20180426_194357.jpg (4032x2268, 2.17M)

6th gen is better

Off yourself
Aesthetics wise 4th is peak, functionally 7th is the best. 6th is just in that awkward phase where it's not sure what it wants to be yet

i own an iPod Classic Silver 128GB

I rarely use my 4th anymore sadly

Attached: 20180426_194806.jpg (4032x2268, 2.68M)

>What's your excuse?
I'm not gay.

fourth gen was last gen to work with winamp ml_ipod
fuck itunes

No lossless file support. Android phones already can do all that.

Apple dacs are great. better than on most android phones.

I have one and have used it for like 3 years. I recently have switched to my phone because 16 gbs are simply not enough. It's sad because I love that little thing

>What's your excuse?

Am poor, gay, bi, trans, black, mexican, gook, jew, muslim, and full of shit

>No lossless file support
What is ALAC?

I have a phone.

I use a clip sport with a 64GB microsd in it

>using a breakable 7th gen nano, with non-upgradable storage and no custom firmware
>not using a modded iPod classic with an SSD and Rockbox installed

Attached: disappointing.jpg (296x442, 20K)

>fagPod

I have a 5.5 gen iPod classic with rockbox installed.

my mi 5 has 64gb storage and a flatter DAC

I have a hard enough time already trying to cram 16GB of shit on my 5th gen nano as it is. The radio feature is nice though.

I keep thinking about getting an older iPod for animu misusing and some non-streaming artists like Tool. With that being said though it’s really hard to justify especially given how much I can listen to already on Spotify

So fucking what?

A garbage proprietary file format for use only on applel devices.

$0.05 has been deposited into your loo-away account.

Free as in freedom

open sores*

I had a 5th gen
But it stopped working
It's first and only apple product I ever bought
I kind of miss it now, it was a smooth experience to use it

Attached: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.pricemestatic.com%2FLarge%2FImages%2FRetailerProductImages%2FStRetailer178%2F (600x600, 22K)

3, 4, and 5 were pretty top tier nanos
But at the end of the day they still use Apple software

I have an original iPod Nano 1st gen 4GB, and an iPod Nano 5th Gen Yellow. The iPod Nano is basically basically dead, and planning to recycle it. The 5th Gen is pretty scratched, but still works. These are the only newly purchased Apple items I've ever owned. I've bought used Macs and put Gentoo on them.

Not an argument.

Yes it is, Pajeet.

lol @ both of you stupid sheep mobile fucks
PC is the only way to do music correctly, kill yourself for settling for non-FLAC shit DAC garbage on the go

>cracked screen
If I owned one that would be my excuse

so ur mother is a whore with a fat ass.

>still no custom firmware
>fragile glass
>hard to replace parts
I'd get one if I could install a custom OS on it at least. I refuse to use iTunes because it's the worst software I've ever seen in my life.

Attached: 20180426_221320-1.jpg (1735x2882, 1.96M)

>worst software I've ever seen in my life
>wangblows 10
nigga wut

I'm running LTSB and it's not that bad. Everything is botnet at this point anyways. The Linux kernel and systemd are too big to be reasonably audited. Software is too complex to be secure now, regardless of the source model. Windows 10 runs the CAD software I need and gives me decent battery life, and that's all I really care about. That being said, I use Fedora on my desktop because it offers the tools I need there like QEMU and stuff. I use the right tools for the job.

You're probably one of those freetard kids who discovered Ubuntu a month ago. Linux is just as bad as Windows is these days. Come back again and bitch some more when there's a viable microkernel OS for desktop use. Until then, fuck off.

>calls out your shit os
>durrr yur a freetard
10 is the worst version of Windows.

8 is worse and 10 LTSB is easily the best since like XP.

You absolutely are a freetard. You're a zealot who knows nothing about operating systems and you're simply parroting what you hear on Jow Forums. Every monolithic kernel (Linux, BSDs, UNIX) is shit and hybrid kernels (NT, XNU, DragonflyBSD) range from mediocre to outright trash. NT is one of the better kernels I've seen, but it's nowhere near as good as something like MINIX or even Hurd.

Something like the NetBSD userland and pkgsrc on top of MINIX or the new Google Fuchsia OS is going to be the future of computing. Not Linux shit. Linux is fucking awful, and most of the GNU tools are half assed at best. It's simply inferior technology. Windows at least has a large software library.

>duuuurrrrrr freetard
8.18.1 at least had consistent interfaces.

Attached: brainlet clap.png (488x463, 28K)

You have no real arguments and you're pulling things out of your ass. Prove me wrong.

Attached: TheBiggestBrain.jpg (680x598, 43K)

My argument is that Windows 10 is shit and that saying iTunes is shit while running Shitshow: The OS is ironic. Also that every NT-based version of Windows preceding 10 is better. You're the one that got butthurt and called me a freetard.

Attached: go to bed jim.png (600x450, 419K)

a good DAC is going to make a way bigger difference in the listening experience than FLAC vs. 256kpbs ACC. Almost no one on planet earth can consistently tell the difference between those two formats, as shown in ABX tests

You're the one who got asshurt over an object in the background of a photograph of my iPod. Have you ever used Windows 10 LTSB? You're either a freetard that doesn't understand the technology you use just I said, or you're some retard using OS X or unpatched Windows XP/7/8/8.1 or not understanding that the botnet was backported in updates.

Windows 10 LTSB is no worse than the alternatives.

All DACs are good enough now
It's how the designer implements it that matters.
iPods were never impressive anyway.

>not having iTunes
is that good enough?

having a phone

>deflecting

I have a 10 year old $10 mp3 player that is still working.

It’s not proprietary but it definitely is shit.

Cayin N3 master race. It even has an USB mode where it serves as a DAC/Amp for your PC.

Software is shit though. Output is noisy.

Works fine for me breh

>only 30 hours of battery life
>only 16GB

My digital audio player has over 3x the battery life and 10x the storage. Plus, it supports a wide range of formats and TRRS earphones/headphones.

Didn't know iPod Nanos were so bad.

Attached: 1521236221934.png (256x441, 121K)

I'm not poor

My excuse is that I have a cellphone.

I have a Pandora Premium subscription with amazing playlists and radio stations that I have been perfecting over ~5 years.

Attached: 1in3.jpg (388x1024, 65K)

All iPods are shit, this includes your Rockbox'd ones. I don't know why people obsess over them on this board lately.

They're cheap and easily available and most importantly allows you to waste time with autistic mods for internet creds.

enjoy no games, sperg

>and systemd
you know linux distros exist without that?

Can they still send text messages with wifi access?

Use your data plan to stream music from spotify. Fucking act normal.

this, one probably the most beautiful pieces of tech i ever owned.
People looked at it and thought it wouldn't be functional but it was the best if it wasn't for that easily breakable power button and having to use itunes/copy trans id buy another off ebay now.

not everyone has unlimited plans, and not everyone enjoys DRM content

>Use your data plan to stream music from spotify. Fucking act normal.
There is so much wrong with this statement I don't even know where to begin.
>spotify
>data plan
>act normal
my god you're lost
>normal
>spotify
I can't even decipher what exactly you're shilling. Clearly your a multi headed hydra shill.
>act normal
oh man, my sides
>spotify

Attached: 1399507685971.jpg (500x371, 53K)

Rip everything
>inb4 muh constant bitrate
get good
crack any available wireless network
stream from aforementioned cracked wifi
profit
>spotify
top kek normie trash

Attached: 1367125498867.jpg (519x600, 76K)

>DRM content
Exactly. user must be a spotify employee, work for some mobile carrier, or an botnet aficionado. Either way, pure cancer.

>2018
You've already answered yourself

>6th gen
>easily breakable power button
what are you talking about? that thing is sturdy as fuck

I dislike touchscreens and my 4th gen ipod classic is currently awaiting parts.

Attached: WP_20170706_16_49_11_Proedit.jpg (607x1077, 174K)

Unrelated pic related question

How the fuck do i get my task bar to look like that. The icons are tiny as fuck. Its not fast to click as you have to aim for the icon.

How do i do it. (yes i am a retard)

Attached: 2.png (1098x460, 593K)

To get it small on the side you need 7+ taskbar tweaker but otherwise its all in the default shit.

Attached: ets.jpg (455x1200, 102K)

i miss mine. got soaked a few months ago.

Attached: CoIih5j5AsbYKjna.large.jpg (800x600, 29K)

I unironically stream music from youtube. Come at me. (^:

I have the superior iPod Video.

Thanks got it done. It was here(see pic) if any other retard wants to do the same

Attached: 21.png (1366x768, 44K)

>gayming

I have mine set to never.

I'm not gay.

Yes you are.

i use my walkman!

Attached: IMG_0198.rotated.jpg (3024x4032, 1.25M)

It's mostly the same as FLAC, just in a better container.

Seriously, these are so much better and don't need iTunes.

My nigga

I have an iPod Classic 5th Gen. No need.

My loyal 32gb 5th gen
Can't never abandon him. All that we've been through

Attached: 20180427_195805.jpg (2560x1440, 1.34M)

Ok Pablo

I'm not autistic

Because my phone has the same capabilities so I don't have to walk around carrying extra electronics.

>not using pic related

Attached: file.png (300x225, 85K)

>no clickwheel
No thanks

>spotify
lol pleb with shit taste detected

My excuse is that i'm using a 5.5th gen iPod Video, running rockbox, with a 200GB micro SD inside.

Attached: IMG_20180427_235800_459.jpg (2448x3264, 1.34M)

>unironically using applel music players
enjoy having to install a specific piece of software just to do something as basic as transfer music to your music player.
enjoy your lack of file type support.
enjoy your needlessly fancy UI and high res display that drains battery.
enjoy spending ridiculous amounts of money on an objectively inferior product.

I bought one of these and it was pure trash, then I installed rockbox and it's the greatest music player I've ever owned. Feels like it has infinite battery life as I never need to charge it.

>People looked at it and thought it wouldn't be functional
Functionality wise it was worse than 5th gen. 4th/5th gen were perfection in design for an mp3 player but then everything had to have a fucking touch screen with glass that can easily shatter from just 1 unlucky drop. It was too small for touchscreen so your thumb would take up like half the screen. Couldn't even change music by pressing a button in your pocket. This is shit I didn't care for but it didn't have a camera and couldn't play videos so it was a complete downgrade from last gen. Easily the worst Ipod Nano.

is that a camera on the back?

Because I have android phone with good dac, 6000mah battery and 256 gb microsd.

Attached: 1524911915899.png (1080x1920, 932K)

I feel you bro. I've had one for 4 - 5 years or so. After a year or so I could barely turn it on (some firmware issue). Flashed the firmware with Rockbox, resolved the issue. Still working fine with the Rockbox firmware and the battery lasts pretty long.

>Blade Runner 2049

Mah nigga

Attached: 1506360906328.jpg (3840x5760, 3.42M)