What does Jow Forums think about bulletin board services, or BBS' for short? Why aren't you a part of one...

What does Jow Forums think about bulletin board services, or BBS' for short? Why aren't you a part of one? It's the comfiest experience ever, anons.

Attached: bbsmenu_large.jpg (797x378, 177K)

Shameless bump

It's a ghost town don't even bother
BBS peaked

There are BBSes that are still very alive.

bimp

Attached: 2nd-amendment.jpg (1024x587, 154K)

Reminds me of Text-TV, wasn't around for these boards. Seems like a great way to avoid normienet

user, they still exist!

Lunduke made a few vids on them. He even hosts his own

Boooomp

I'm not really that much into the garish ASCII art or the general culture. There's some cool shit though.

I agree, but there are more things you can do in a BBS though.

Yeah, I've seen some pretty cool ideas and features on modern BBSes that I've wanted to mess with on my own.

cockless

Bumpooo

Attached: 1524026817291.jpg (720x720, 72K)

Inferior to NewsGroups.

Attached: Let-Old-Things-Die-Kylo-Ren.gif (540x245, 674K)

I know that my dad had once spending time on BBS and downloading games like Wolfenstein 3D and other old games.

It's where I got the Demon Summoning Program.

We need a Jow ForumsBBS. Brb gonna make the logo

Because I don't have a dial-up modem and you can't blue box from some primitive telephone exchange in South America anymore.

Who's got the latest Legion of Doom philes?

We have one on gopher.su

Also, text files > HTML

I don't even understand just what a BBS is.

Hello there, how are you doing ? This is test

Real BBSs use a phone line: ! user per phone line at a time. Long distance phone calls. It could be very expensive and time consuming.
They became useless with the advent of the internet.
A web page can host thousands of times more connections, and deliver the same or better experience.

I used to run a BBS back in high school 1990-1993ish. After I went off to college, and got internet access in 1993, I knew that the BBS scene was over. BBSs carried on for another year or two after that, but that was about it. Couriers stopped paying for expensive phone calls and switched to internet for warez distribution.

Sure it was cool setting up door games, configuring your external protocols like Zmodem and HS-Link, Puma, etc... but its just nerdery these days to waste time doing that. If we had internet back then, BBSs wouldn't exist.

BBSs of today are nothing more than just another portal or information service. Nothing of value really.

>garish ASCII art

Attached: makes_angry_ascii_noises.png (132x93, 5K)

>I don't even understand just what a BBS is.
or does