/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/YyH02Mgd

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Prev:

Attached: 1520231199807.jpg (3860x2564, 2.16M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L34S4Tt1EuQ
amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-HD-579-Around-Ear-Headphones-Grey-Matte-Finish/dp/B01L1IIF1K/
amazon.co.uk/Philips-X2-Headphones-Over-Ear-Cushions-Black/dp/B00MRUPSHQ/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I ordered a decibel meter, I don't think the apps for phones work. I will see how loud I listen to them soon.

Attached: 1517347550164.jpg (1430x1844, 371K)

What did he mean by this?

youtube.com/watch?v=L34S4Tt1EuQ

Are high end dacs a meme?

not if you have headphones to match

such as?

idfk, anything priced 1k and up? How expensive is the DAC?

I don't have one, I'm just shitposting

Dacs sound the same unless they are badly designed (hello schiit)

What's a decent headphone DAC to get.
Budget: Less than $500 USD
Headphones to be used with it: AKG K701
Clarity a plus.
Schiit's alright. Current leader of the pack for my consideration.

Attached: 81IZ0zWjVgL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x947, 199K)

OL DAC or D10/D50, everything else is a meme and isn't worth your money

Define "meme", little shitpost.

A meme is anything a can't afford or don't own!

Attached: 5fd.png (680x666, 50K)

Oh wow, shitposting more when a shitposter is called out for shitposter.
Wow I'm shocked and surprised.

Hahaha funny troll, now cut it out.

is this enough to drive senns hd600, or do I need a separate headphone amp?

Attached: ur22mk2-front-right[1].jpg (1378x781, 207K)

What did he mean by this?

Attached: Capture.png (514x376, 29K)

So there are two trolls. WOW!

I'm looking to get a DAC/amp for my desktop setup (currently running on my mobo's stock audio jack). I can't afford much more than $200 right now, so what should I be looking to get? I'm still pretty new to the whole audio moneysink. Headphones I plan on using are DT770.

I have a Topping D2 have had it for a while and it seems good to me, there are newer versions of course but Topping even though it it chink shit seems OK.

I'm considering buying topping d10 after reading from the previous thread

Whats goin' on guys?

Attached: aaaaa4.png (560x625, 216K)

>asking for headphone DAC suggestions is shitposting now
I don't expect much from these generals, but come the fuck on now.

It is. If you genuinely don't know why, lurk more.

Sorry I didn't post cartoon feet for you to give actual feedback to.

I just got 1990s and I am liking them a lot.

Since you know about the abundance of footfags, you're clearly posting in bad faith. In other words, trolling.

Well, enjoy being a delusional little shitposting fuck that jumps to conclusions.
Guess I'll continue checking out head-fi for headphone DACs.

Please do, and stay there, troll.

Tested the gumby with pic related as a reference album after keeping the dac powered overnight. I'm definitely hearing more stuff.

Attached: R-723928-1370768075-6692.jpeg.jpg (558x554, 198K)

What you're hearing is the missing 10 bits of resolution.

Attached: bingbongscorp.png (400x400, 36K)

delete this

I'd like to upgrade from my ATH AD900X to something more interesting and bassy. I appreciate the airiness and wide soundstage on the AD900X, however I find them boring for electronic music.

Is it worth it to go for Hifiman HE-400i or should I jump straight to DT1990 tier?

Attached: unnamed.jpg (371x372, 24K)

At least I won't get inundated with requests to draw feet there :^)

HD600

is Bowers & Wilkins a meme?

EQ bass so long as you don't mind a lot of harmonics.

Idol trash here.
What's your setup like, user?

Attached: 1508052692897.png (936x526, 13K)

Meh, the truth is that my goal is to experiment a bit and see what other headphones have to offer.

I have found a good deal on used HE-400i, that's why I have mentioned them. On the other hand I am worried that the difference will not be worth it.

AD900 to SR-307 is what I did.

Beyerdynamic Custom Studio Pros and an UR22Mk2. Thinking about buying an AMP for it though.

Attached: CIMG5240 res.jpg (1920x1440, 1.58M)

schiit literally make the worst dacs lol, getting a topping d10/d30/d50 if you aren't trolling

Friendly reminder idols sound even better on HD600.

Attached: 1495152210901.png (1280x720, 1.45M)

Confirmation bias

Do you mean 250 ohm? They're not the easiest things in the world to drive. I wish I could tell you to get a micca origen but they're out of stock fucking everywhere at the moment. It's going to take up most of your budget but a magni 3 and topping d10 will drive them well.
Unless they're not the 250ohm model which opens up some cheaper options because you don't need so much power.
Topping d50, only costs $250. Better than every dac schiit sells. Their amps are good though.
DT1990 is a good choice if you can afford them but they're already dropping in price. They finally went below $600. Now may not be the best time to buy if this continues. Maybe sundara.
I wonder what it would feel like if one of them rested their head on my chest. It would probably result in an extreme release of endorphins because I haven't had any physical contact in almost a decade.

I briefly had a girlfriend before I blew it and it was after around that long of no contact, it basically made my mind explode it felt so good when she would just touch me

That sounds really nice. Maybe in a couple of years I'll get a gf.
In the mean time I got expensive headphones

>can only get Topping D50 off aliexpress

NO WAY, shame, no one in the UK sells them at all.

it came out a month ago lol wtf you expect bro

Reposting from last thread

>Budget
$150, flexible up to $250.
>Location
US
>Source
Phone (android). Might plug them into headphone jack on M-Audio AV-40 occasionally.
>Type of headphone
IEM
>Open or closed
n/a
>Comfort level
Low - medium. Will be worn for 2 hours at a time max.
>Sound signature
Between neutral and v-shaped
>Past headphones
None for IEMs. HD-280 Pro - they're ok, but lack clarity.

Will be used primarily for music. I listen to a really wide range of music, but if I had to pick something I really want them to shine on, it would be synth-heavy stuff like Carpenter Brut.

Are there any completely wireless IEMs worth getting yet? I haven't followed the tech on those at all. Would be willing to raise budget for that, but would not be willing to sacrifice sound quality.

she also cheated on me which caused months of intense pain and probably will screw up my next relationship since I don't really trust anymore

OK didn't even realise this tbqhwy

So then how did you screw it up? I hope she gets aids and cancer in the same week and dies.
Completely wireless there isn't anything worth a shit yet. Cable behind the neck style wireless is an option with any iem that has detachable mmcx.
At 150 I'm going to say ibasso it01 or gr07(GET THE DETACHABLE CABLE VERSION)

I don't want to write a blog about it to tell the story and it hurts enough just thinking about it but if you want one more pathetic detail I actually stayed with her after she cheated and she refused to apologise for it

I can afford DT1990. The question is if I end up disappointed after jumping 2 tiers up with a little audible difference.

Buy it on amazon? They're in stock prime fulfilled so the return would be trivial if you're unhappy.
The primary difference would be in the FR but the tesla beyer drivers are pretty good, shouldn't have any less "detail" than your audiotechnica.
Build quality is good too.
Everyone in this thread who owns a pair loves them for their bass.

go demo them

>buys 1200$ dac
>I'm hearing more stuff

Attached: 1509333432748.jpg (1920x1080, 228K)

if he likes his snake oil let him have it user

Daily reminder from your local otorhinolaryngologist to lower your volume

Attached: 1524906944311.png (623x730, 284K)

looks like a basedboy

I have one, it drives my Beyerdynamic Studio Pros just fine, but I am thinking about buying an AMP anyway.

>I actually stayed with her after she cheated and she refused to apologise for it
Deep in gen z territory.

Attached: ntr.gif (250x164, 574K)

>stayed with her after she cheated and she refused to apologise for it
why?

why, are you not satisfied with the quality? what's the impedance of those beyers?

Thanks, user. I'll try, however I am not sure if amazon works like that in europoor. The sound you describe sounds really promising.

Thanks, I figured that was the case on the wireless ones. Went with the it01, will arrive later today.

>I actually stayed with her after she cheated and she refused to apologise for it

Attached: 1518833413536.png (500x500, 281K)

gf are overrated. Get HD600. Raw bliss.

Attached: 1514649588852.png (1920x1080, 3.2M)

I think the Beyers are 85 Ohm, anyway the quality is fine, it's just not loud enough for me, well I mean the loudness is fine too, but I like to be able to go at least to ear-painful levels of loudness, and then never reach that point.

they're fine but have you not tried anything better? I mean headphones get way better than that

I have a couple sennheisers and they do bring me happiness but I still think about the gf that left me in 2011 at least once a day.

>better than
>hd600
Riiiight.

why have you type so many "i" in your spelling?

I love my HD660S. Much better than HD650.

do you guys get paid to post this shit all the time or are you just trying to justify your purchases

best budget earphones and media player that can take a micro sd/sd card?
looking to spend £50 all in all, more if I need to add another tenner here or there
amp/dac would be nice too, used to have a JDS LABS c5 but it got nicked...

right now I have soundmagic e10c but my dog chewed them so they're kinda fucked now and no media player

Are all headphones and headphone-related products that cost over 500$ snake oil?

lol

At this point I just post what I think might get a you without any real logic or agenda behind it.

>50GBP
Heed this advice, friend. If your budget is like that, you're doing something wrong with your life.
Check out mrmoneymustache.com. Maybe it's not too late for you.

hey i'm not an audiophile by any means but I want to start getting into music again so i'm gonna need something to enable me to do so
not broke just stingy
lets say £50 each, should I get a sansa clip+ and whatever the latest soundmagic earphones are?

dac max price: ~250$
amp max price: ~1000$
headphone max price: ~2000$

that isn't saying the products at those prices are good necessarily, just that beyond that price point assuming good purchases there's no improvement

>not broke just stingy
50GBP is a pretty bad place to be.
Your best bet would be the usual chink recommendations (ISK and takstar stuff, I don't remember the models). They're better than anything western brands do have at these prices.
If you stretch your budget to ~150, however...
amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-HD-579-Around-Ear-Headphones-Grey-Matte-Finish/dp/B01L1IIF1K/
amazon.co.uk/Philips-X2-Headphones-Over-Ear-Cushions-Black/dp/B00MRUPSHQ/

I wanna lick his feet.

what about Beyerdynamic Byron?
whathifi has given them a good review

You gen z kids need to stop with that currency shit.

Attached: audiophile.jpg (3010x2000, 1.82M)

>Budget
$250

>Location
Australia

>Source
FiiO X7

>Type of headphone
Fullsized

>Open or closed
Closed

>Comfort level
Doesn't matter

Considered ath-m50x but not sure if meme or not

Attached: 1524913553275.jpg (846x960, 88K)

>earphones
that user provided you with headphones lol
try joker's list, but it's a bit outdated
at that price point I'll say look into chi-fi. check out audiobudget

then i'm probably fucked with 300ohms

m-50x are terrible. get the m-40x if you really like the look of the m-50x, /hpg/ likes to meme the takstar pro 82. check out the DT-770 too

>ath-m50x
Depending on your head they might be very uncomfortable before you stretch them with book stack over night. Wouldn't recommend them for sound either, I guess they're fine for studio work but if you wan to enjoy music, no. Semi-opens or opens would sound better but ofc you hear all the pc noise and peripheral noises perfectly well so thats a trade-off.

Also I wouldn't get any pair that has travel features like small form factor with the hinges, if you plan to listen inside just ignore those type headphones.

buypig irl

>ath-m50x
Buy M40x instead.

whats funny is that the limiting factor at that level of gear are his shit old ears, only a child could appreciate that lol

They're not the 250 ohm model, friend. Thanks for the suggestions.

You don't lose details in hearing, only unless frequencies and potentially some volume.

how do people end up being as ignorant as you? is it the public education system?

These Dac/amps are on mass drop right now
Which of theses is the best
NuForce uDAC-3 DAC/Amp Combo
Bravo V2 Headphone Amplifier
Under 100 would be best
Im trying to power Beyerdynamic 990 pro 250 OHM

Attached: wallhaven-40898.jpg (2560x1600, 1.17M)