Linus at it again

RedHat's Dave Airline just got told - again.
>The tinydrm code seems like absolute pure shit that has never seen a compiler.
>I'm upset, because I expect better quality control. In fact, I expect *some* qualitty control, and this piece-of-shit driver has clearly seen none at all.
>And those patches were apparently committed yesterday.
>WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?
lkml.org/lkml/2017/2/23/611

thank you based Linus

Attached: rhel-for-free-linux.jpg (648x405, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lkml.org/lkml/2017/2/23/613
lkml.org/lkml/2008/7/15/296
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ok

redhat is the microsoft funded cancer killing linux

>Date Thu, 23 Feb 2017 17:44:04 -0800

Imagine being Noralf Tronnes. You write a driver and manage to get it merged. But apparently you've fucked up so badly that the guy who merged it gets bitched at.

yeah, did mislead a bit, it's months old news. I just hadn't personally seen that post before (was browsing the kernel mailing list archives) and I thought it was .. NICE

>Don't shit on (new) contributors like this. Noralf has done good work (go
look), Kconfig is an impossible combinatorial maze, and I'd be rather
annoyed if you managed to drive away Noralf (and other contributors) with
your mail.

>I know that you need to rage every once in a while, but at least only send
those mails to Dave (and me) in private. On dri-devel here, this isn't
accepted.

>We'll discuss late driver pull requests and what to with them in drm in
the future more after -rc1, after the heat has dissipated.

>Yours, Daniel

Then there is no response from linus. wheres the witty retort linus?

his parents must have really hated him to give him a name like Noralf

What the fuck is that? Not OR Alf?

David Airlie doesn't work for RedHat, he works for AMD...

SHUT
DOWN

Linus was the retard here

Linus said what needed to be said, it sent a message that A) dont fucking send premature untested commits up the chain and B) don't commit things full of fucking warning generating trash.

>let's send this shitty code, the worst which can happen is a private nerd rage
vs
>let's send this shitty code, the worst which can happen is get embarrassed in front of the world... hmmm.. let's not send this shitty code and send something that works.

I am not someone that supports this behaviour, but if you cannot support your work's results or cannot stand the opinions of others about your work, then you are either a pussy or you are doing the wrong job.
If you are stronk, your ego will be the best motivator to best your previous self. If you are a pussy, you will still be shitty, not get motivated by anything, because you will be served sugar coated insults/comments about your work.
If he can't stand working with thousands of people with different tempers and different patient thresholds, then he'd be better of to redhat's containment board.

>Then there is no response from linus. wheres the witty retort linus?
linus has been linus from day one of linux, that's since 1991. I don't think that this sjw response can best 26 years of shitposting experience.

so is suse enterprise, your point?

it probably means "northern elf".
still better than shit like Lequan.

>just got told
>months old
more than a year faggot
sage goes in most fields

Suse Enterprise employees don't spread cancer killing Linux.

Based Linus
Phoronix is going to have an aneurysm because "muh games", "muh open zource", "muh frame ratez", "muh wayland and the future (tm)" but fuck those guys

>implying
Phoronix is basically Jow Forums with namefagging

It's NSA funded

Linus probably shouldn't have been ripping on the guy in public; you only deserve that shit if you're just really fucking awful or deliberately making shit worse (Nvidia, Lennart Poetterring). Annoying Linus with untested code isn't OK, but you don't need to be publicly shamed for it. It's true he was being retarded, though; no idea why we need to discuss it over a year later, however.

It's about time Red Hat changes this ugly logo

>thank you based Linus
thank you daddy Linus for keeping away RHEL niggers from the kernel.

Imagine when Linus retires, how many kernel forks we're gonna see.

>Phoronix
phoronix is... ohh wait... gib shekels goyim, this is very difficult to post... don't disablol adblock... did you know that clear loonix is best... gib shekels intel... clear loonix best...I won't give you the link to the source of the articlol if you don't click my 30 irrelevant phorotard links... plox click and disablol adblock... gib shekels... subscription is best... free s/w rules... best reason to beg.

it's already happening
>systemd
>let's make something so as to make everyone depending on us

>2017/2/23/611
>2017
why are you resurrecting this shit?
also, without dave airlie, you wouldn't have MANY useful features that. some of them are hacks, but are useful nonetheless

>David Airlie doesn't work for RedHat, he works for AMD...
wait, he was hired by AMD? nice!

lkml.org/lkml/2017/2/23/613

lkml.org/lkml/2008/7/15/296
>I think the OpenBSD crowd is a bunch of masturbating monkeys, in
that they make such a big deal about concentrating on security to the
point where they pretty much admit that nothing else matters to them.