Best PC cases?

What are your favorite PC cases? inb4 ugly rgb shit. Pic related is one I'm looking at.. I think its sexy AF (as fuck).

Attached: 51jAINeA50L._SL1200_.jpg (1200x1200, 53K)

Just finished building my NZXT S430 Elite in Black today. I love it, the glass panel is really sleek and the magnet for headphones/VR is a really nice feature.

Attached: s340 elite.jpg (1600x1059, 64K)

When will you plebs understand you don't need anything bigger than mini itx. You can always tell a new builder when they have an atx case that's 70% empty

lmao

Attached: ncase side.png (1280x720, 152K)

modding mine atm to fit an aio and sfx power supply

Attached: air.png (600x600, 99K)

what case is that?

Attached: thermaltake-core-v21-snow-600x338.jpg (600x338, 51K)

Attached: xs_gr_cover_1000x1500.png (992x992, 307K)

This

Has everything I need and /just/ fits an ATX motherboard, otherwise it'd be an mATX case. So I can utilize every inch of this case and be good. I do intend to disable the RGB lights when I buy it.

Attached: 1518600880-303C-BLACK-PLS-th.jpg (235x235, 12K)

Attached: corsair-carbide-600q.jpg (2500x2500, 179K)

Antec 300, my long time favorite.

Attached: 300.jpg (640x480, 16K)

Enjoy 80 degrees on idle

>no front port for DVD/BD player
I fucking hate this retarded meme. Why sacrifice concrete functionality for >muh sleek aesthetics it's like a box lmao

>optical media
>current year
ncase can fit a slim DVD/BD player tho

Attached: DSC_0229.jpg (602x602, 54K)

I liked building the Corsair Obsidians, Fractal Define R5/R6, and the higher-end Antec (plus past Antec 4U rackmount) cases.

All of them exist with simple looks, no transparent windows and so on. Most of them still have 5.25" front accessible bays so you can add front panels that sport a lot of connectors, plus hotswap trays.

it's pretty much the perfect case except you can't have a ton of HDDs in it but i guess you could set up an external enclosure or NAS and lose the HDD and HDD fan noise
i have an ncase i still haven't built in because i'm too cheap to upgrade my old ass pc but this year or next year i'm fucking doing it

i could have all 3 of my current HDDs in it anyway lols

>people unironically this happens
>"MOM I NEED I FULL TOWER OR I WON'T GET ENOUGH AIRFLOW"

Holy kek

Attached: DSC09317.jpg (1600x1200, 345K)

Meshify c is nice. I wish there was an xl version though

More like plebs probably don't need anything more than that for their gayming MS Office usage.

That thing is not even sufficient for a simple RAID array.

Nice mini fridge brah

I hate that case.

Gay ass gaymen PSU shroud and endless mounting points for moar oversized AIO fans / radiators, but only 2x3.5" drive bays and very few ports, Whole front wasted on mesh looks rather than functional 5.25" bay ports or such.

Gaymen form over well-engineered function.

yeah you should totally get a case with room for spots for like 2 more fans but 5x the volume. good idea.

i see nothing wrong with this

Attached: Untitled.jpg (778x700, 189K)

THIS, this SO MUCH.
>look at new cases
>they all have ZERO 5.25" drawer bays
>they all have two or zero 3.5" HDD trays
>can't two-drive RAID5 or RAID6
>barely possible to have a HDD as RAID1 --write-mostly for the SSD
>no drawers because no drawer bays
>retarded piece of plastic covering the bottom of the case ensuring that the two HDDs you do get to have overheat because no airflow there
>comes with LED fans
it's like I want to buy up some cases with 6 or more HDD trays and 5.25" drawer bays just to have them when the last good cases are sold out and we're just left with new glorified glass domes with blinking lights

Attached: IMG_20180428_171504_drawer-bays.jpg (1800x2400, 1.09M)

The only problem with the 900D is that it's like $350 and it has a window, and windows are for gays.

Attached: corsair_900d.jpg (1920x1080, 223K)

Coming through

Attached: 25644_Ampliada.jpg (1000x1000, 181K)

This form factor is quite neat if you want to put your PC below a very low table.

Attached: Small-Fractal-Case-With-Ryzen-2400G.webm (1920x1080, 2.3M)

700D nicer than both
On account of the dumbed down front

Attached: Corsair700dBeauty_full.jpg (787x1200, 62K)

eeew Cooler Master. honestly, their cases aren't all that bad. But all of them come with completely unacceptable garbage fans with annoying motor humming and noise like they've been used 10 years already. what a garbage brand. Honestly: I probably wouldn't have such disgust for cooler master products if their cases didn't come with fans at all, that would be preferable to including the their absolutely garbage junk fans.

hey grandpa

Corsair Vengeance C70.

this one is a personal favorite for itx builds, solid build quality, the plastic front doesn't look all that cheap, it fits a 240 rad and you can take off all 4 sides which makes building in it rather easy
unbeatable for 40€ imo

Attached: SHARK_ZONE_C10_01.jpg (960x670, 133K)

old fart
if your HDDs are less than 1 TB it's about time you upgrade before they crash on their own

I don't understand why you would pay equal to or more for less, less space, less functionality, less airflow, less choices. ATX is the standard size and as such you have many companies to choose from with lots of competition in both motherboard choices and case choices with room for expansion in the future.

Mini-ITX is for faggots and retards that like having a console sized computer on a massive table with huge open room concepts and shitty minimalist furniture that looks like it's going to break any second. Pic related.

Attached: gay_desk.jpg (736x736, 79K)

hehheh

Attached: sketch-1524931417609.png (1182x1080, 320K)

the only point in getting that would be to spend $500 on watercooling that would look respectable through the window, don't need to have LEDs and cold cathodes

That box in the picture has 1 500 GB SSD paired with a 500 GB HDD in RAID1 and 4x3TB's for storage. It's connected to a NAS with 3x2TB and 3x8TB. I realize storagelets will never learn, just like ramlets won't that's their problems. A case should have a minimum of 6 3.5" slots or it's trash.

yeah keep using those 5.25" drawers not like you have any room left for proper furniture

I suck at taking pictures, but this is the best case I've ever had.

Skyreach 4 MINI. I need to get the side panels powder coated still.

Attached: 2018-04-28-11.10.2523.jpg (907x1080, 366K)

>using your wardrobe as a PC case

What's a good timeless PC case? I want something that will hold a lot of drives, is easy to work in, has at least four 5.25" bays, has solid construction, is easy to clean, and doesn't have a window.

>has at least four 5.25" bays

Attached: d90.png (644x800, 15K)

3 are for a 5 wide 3.5" hotswap bay.

Windows are for retards.

If you want a HUGE case that's quiet and has four 5.25" drawer bays and 8 3.5" HDD trays then I can absolutely recommend the Fractal Design Define XL R2. This case really is huge as in gigantic. It has a ton of room for cables behind the motherboard tray. It's really easy to work with. It looks clean and neat inside even if you fill it with tons of stuff because of it's enormous size.

I'd say it's pretty timeless. The only real drawback with this case is it's sheer size; it really is huge.

Attached: IMG_20180421_082815-Define-XL-R2.jpg (1538x2324, 1.39M)

>RAID
>at home
lol... you know what raid is for right?
Highly doubt you need high availability at home

Raid is for redundency retard.

are you retarded?
>one drive dies and you have RAID you just replace the drive and move on
>one drive dies and you're a no-RAIDer you either have to restore from backup or realize you don't even have backup and now you're screwed
no-RAIDers never learn

Helped a friend set up one of these, recently.
I thought it was gonna be a shitty memecase, but it's a really good case, if you've got the room for it.

Attached: A1Uq12iNtkL._SL1500_.jpg (938x644, 104K)

Why do people ever pick white furniture or appliances
The make dirt, staons stand out way to much
My preffered cases going forward are probably gonna be phantek cases, especially pic related which is my current one. Would have liked it without the window although i have been growing on it lately

Attached: Pro-1.jpg (500x500, 121K)

how many times have you knocked it down? That case is way too thin to be standing upright.

>not just paying a local metal workee to make the perfect case for you based on your ideal designs
Come on guys, you can't be this dumb can you

I've got this one, I keep it under my desk so space isn't much of a problem. I never have to worry about temps with the airflow I get.

Attached: cerberus.png (811x900, 1.13M)

Yeah, they're absolutely cavernous inside, and very little wasted space.

The Define R* series has always stood out as pretty excellent to me. I wish they'd drop a new XL in that lineup.

It's surprisingly stable. That being said, I've only been using it for like 2 weeks. I had a wider case tip over once. I have metal feet for this one to put it on it's side, but it isn't ideal for cooling and I don't have much desk space right now. I'll probably make a bracket at some point.

this is why steve jobs is steve jobs and you are not steve jobs

Who?

some dead guy who used to work for some fruit company. he's not important and dead.

I love the specs but holy shit it's so ugly

This is how I feel about this case too. It's even pretty cheap considering the specs and the build quality.

Attached: nzxt_phantom.png (900x900, 233K)

RAID is not a backup, and high availability is EXACLY what I wrote, which is kinda unnecessary in home environment.
Just invest in a backup solution rather than a RAID (since you still need a backup anyway).
>inb4 but I wanna watch my movie without interruption, but who cares if the file is corrupted because of my raid6 copyonwrite shit

That's actually a pretty good point. You don't really need to still be able to access data constantly while switching a failed drive. You more just need the redundancy itself which doesn't necessitate a raid controller.

I went from 700 to 900 because the 700 couldn't fit my water cooling with 360+480 radiators.

Kinda bummed that it didn't offer a windowless version.

Attached: 700D to 900D.jpg (1280x993, 508K)

Attached: pJERpcu.jpg (3024x4032, 1.11M)

What the fuck a 2008 mobo doing in this case?

Got a couple of these for $40 shipped, pretty pleased with them. Main criticism is the dust mesh filter on the front takes a bit of work to remove and clean.

Attached: 912.jpg (640x480, 29K)

>full tower case
>7 - 3.5 inch HDD repositional bays
>or 15 - 2.5 inch SSD's
>2 - 5.25 drive bays for Optical disk/IO/etc bays
>ATX formfactor
>Completely convertible, can unscrew the motherboard tray + side panels to make the tower the flipped orientation.

This probably

Attached: SUN MICROSYSTEM ULTRA 45.jpg (960x1280, 93K)

>that fucking distorted image

how do you do, fellow Sony Xperia phone user?

>360+480 radiators
what the fuck are you cooling, a nuclear reactor?

Attached: 3-spent-fuel-rods-in-pool1.jpg (470x304, 51K)

Windows are for fags.

Attached: RL06 Pro.jpg (800x800, 107K)

Windows are for fags.

Same, I don't understand this. Sure you may not use an optical much anymore but it's good to have one.

that has got to be the design of the desk

Can't believe this hasn't been posted yet.

Attached: 11-139-083-01.jpg (640x480, 26K)

>nazi fans

Do car decal stickers work on most computer cases as well?

Attached: 51+aTdsn0JL._SL1000_.jpg (1000x1000, 45K)

yes

I used to cool a i7 2700K at 5.2GHz and two overclocked GTX670 G1
Now it's only cooling the i7 2700K at 4.5GHz so I only run 1 fan at 750RPM instead of the 7 I did before. (4x750RPM/3x1150RPM)

I'm saving up for a darkbase pro 900. I'll mod the top to have that lian li magnetic dust cover by cutting up a wider grill.

How has nobody posted the Thermaltake level 10 GT Ti edition? It reminds me of an old school mac pro, from before they made the stupid black cylinder or the boundless my retarded iMac Pro.

Attached: VL300A9N1N_75b30459ddac4158ad6ffd5931235459_thum.jpg (180x150, 4K)

it looks like a wii

>Sure you may not use a VHS much anymore but it's good to have one.

You realize there's still plenty of advancements in physical media being made right? Pic related are supposed to be able to store data for essentially limitless spans of time.

Attached: archive.jpg (1200x900, 107K)

who would win
>limitless data storage
>few scratchy bois

I don't disagree with you, but bluray discs are way the fuck scratch resistant compared to CD/DVD

I guess the military, museums, the department of defense, universities, and various other organizations using archival media for cold storage are just retarded then.

Yes, it looks like a microwave oven, but because the top and sides come off, it's amazingly easy to assemble.
The built in trayless backplane for 3.5" SATA disks is great, the lower level allows for very neat cable routing, the motherboard tray makes for easy access to the lower level, the internal HDD bay has mounting points for a dedicated fan, the vent in the top allows for convective cooling.
I was really impressed by how easy it was to assemble.

what's the best case for a NAS?

Even if recent tech made DVD's and BluRays more reliable, i still would bet on LTO-7 as a long time backup.
I have seen too many DVD's and CD's rot away within just a few years.

Anything with a shitload of 5.25" bays, so that you can mount 3.5" backplanes in them.

M-DISKS are sweet. When I finish a big project, I always organize all my data and burn it to an M-DISKS, so that future generations can access my work. I figure local storage of data on physical media is going to make the difference between information that makes it into the future and information that gets lost on the botnet "cloud".

Isn't it retardedly expensive??

Isn't it retardedly expensive?