pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nl3D0wIqf3tU43bu0mc0LSkxeh2CxGrchr_OViEjZ4c/htmlview
massdrop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Attached: IMG_20180428_135523_HDR.jpg (4000x2348, 1.01M)

Other urls found in this thread:

prohavit.com/products/hv-kb390l-low-profile-mechanical-keyboard/
github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/blob/master/docs/faq_keymap.md#mechanical-lock-switch-support
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What's that keyboard?

Looks like the unicomp model m.

How do you like it OP?

Funny how much more visible dust becomes in these photos. Guess I need to clean mine.

Attached: 8519917331.jpg (1141x857, 298K)

It's just a shitty membrane keyboard, don't bother

Is there a disadvantage to using a PS2-to-USB adapted keyboard versus a straight USB one?

Love it so far. I have been using it for quite a few years now. It needs more cleaning than the mechanical keyboard that I had before. It's really a dirt-trap. But if you remove all the keys and clean it every 2-3 weeks, it's fine. The typing quality does not decrease by the dirt because there's enough place, but it's just disgusting and eventually starts smelling bad. Really, it's a dirt trap.

Nice knife!

Attached: IMG_20180428_143953_HDR.jpg (4000x3000, 1.14M)

Gateron Blues or Browns? I have those options for the same price on a keyboard I'm interested in. I'm not a fan of Cherry MX Browns, but the consensus elsewhere on the web seems to be that Gateron Browns are better. I came from an Outemu Blue and I found something to like in its clickiness which is why I'm also a bit partial to the Blues, and people seem to say the Gateron Blues are a bit smoother than the Outemus.

Is that keyboard with low profile switches?

Can you recommend?

Membranes don't instantly make Model M's shit. They've outlasted a lot of the shitty Cherry MX boards posted here that people are constantly asking on how to de-solder broken switches.
If a Model M somehow breaks, it's a membrane purchase from Unicomp and you're up and running again. No soldering required.

Anyway, HHKB Pro 1 incoming, love this thing with the BKE keycaps

Attached: 20180428_140155.jpg (4030x1871, 3.91M)

Yes and yes.
It's this prohavit.com/products/hv-kb390l-low-profile-mechanical-keyboard/

It uses Kailh PG1350 switches which are clicky low profile. This is my first ever mechanical keyboard and after comparing it against a Cherry tester I like the feel of these better. The typing feedback is great if you don't mind a little noise.
It's pretty cheap too, and sturdy.
Downsides would be the gaming design gimmick and ugly logo, some weird typeface choices (Ent instead of Enter), ABS key caps that catch finger oils easily. Also some people complained about the cable connector being too small and hard to use with custom cables, which is not a problem for me since I use the one it came with.

forgot pic

Attached: 8571751991.jpg (1164x873, 343K)

Blue or bust.

>model M
>no soldering required
I love my Model M, but holy shit this is misleading.
Replacing the membrane _will_ require a boltmod, which on most boards is not worth it and harder than the average Cherry switch replacement.

Bolt mods are simple as fuck though, drill a hole through the existing rivets, put a bolt through, and a washer and a nut on the other end. Sorted

Too bad they have 2kro

It's crazy how much of a difference Gateron browns make replacing Cherry browns.

I was almost regretting buying a cheap soldering kit and bag of browns to do it. They're lighter, the sandy/scratchy feel is completely gone, and the bump is crisp.

Friendly reminder that leopold makes the best prebuilt mx AND topre boards.
Damn that's nice. I bet you can type fast as fuck on that. I type way faster on my chiclet laptop than any mx switch or topre because of the shorter travel distance.
I want to get one of those but the last thing I should spend money on is another keyboard, especially not a prebuilt.

Attached: nice.jpg (2202x1264, 1.43M)

Only gamers care, I'm not a gamer

Do you game at all?

If so I'd say browns. I'm a better typist on blues than browns, but in games I really hate how I can't spam keys as quickly as I can with browns or reds. Plenty of people game on blues, but if you're really autistic about responsiveness browns are a good middle ground there if you also want tactility.

you can swap the controller board on hhkbs out with a board that can do nkro

>has to spend 100€ more to support a basic function
kek

I gamed occasionally on my old Outemu Blue, and yeah, I did find it a bit frustrating at times. Hmmm I guess I'll really just have to head over to a brick and mortar store and try them out myself, hopefully the browns don't feel like "dirty reds" like the Cherry ones do.

He was on about the Model M's, HHKB's already have NKRO

oh my bad, they have 6KRO which is more than enough

oh yeah, i'm touching those mechanical keys, yeah sliding that keyboard over my crotch. Baby if you was some nigguh bitch wi some big ass i would pump yoiu . I slide my jeans and underwear down, the keys tickle my balls i rub the keyboard over my cock, them brown switches are cool but suddenly I see blue switches and my cum squirts all over the keyboard.
Man these snobby mechanical switch threads are good.
I love you wankers.

haha, kill yourself, my salty man
no joke

For roughly $100, is it a better idea to get a new unicomp like OP's, or an original model m from clickykeyboards.com?

Where should I start looking for some bilingual keycaps? Specifically Cyrillic and Latin.

kbdfans has qwerty / rus caps
>Enjoypbt Dye-Subbed Keycap Set 117KEYS

anyone?

I have an old keyboard that has a switch on the back of it with 2 modes "A/P" and "X" does anyone know what do they stand for/what does each mode do ?

kb2101/2 model with blue switches. brand unknown

my box jades arrive.

anyone has any experience with yd60ble? hard to find pcb that support wireless out of the box but I'm not sure of it's compatibility with general cases, be it plastic or metal.

planning to build wireless board with these switches

Attached: IMG_4172.jpg (3264x2448, 1.5M)

Looks clean to me...

Guys, how the fuck do I program a preonic? I feel like I'm a brainlet.

I tried "make preonic:mykeymap:dfu", but dfu complains "no device present" (to which qmk responds: "bootloader not found, retrying in 5s"). I used both the physical Reset button and the keybinding in the default keymap; something definitely happens, since the keyboard stops responding to any key presses (and using the keybinding also plays a music tone), but I'm clearly doing something wrong.

Given that a tada68 identifies itself as a USB device so you can copy the .bin on it, I thought I'd try that, but lsblk reports nothing new once I press Reset on my keyboard. (I don't have automount.) Plus, by default it seems to compile the preonic into a .he'd instead of a .bin.

Help

I don't think you need the :dfu at the end unless I'm missing something

Just make the .hex with "make preonic:keymap", open QMK toolbox, tell it to flash that .hex as soon as it sees the Preonic in bootloader mode, then hit the reset button

That's how I do my QMK boards and don't have an issue

Do you know of a place I could get that top keyboard in your picture in UK ISO layout?

> open QMK toolbox
Oh, I have nothing of the kind. That would probably make it easier.
>windows and macos only
Dammit. I guess I'll just copy the .hex over to a compatible machine then

>all those crooked keys

I don't think they make it. Check leopold's website in chrome(so you can auto translate) to see if it exists in that layout. Currently the only way to even get the US layout is either via Sk importer on ebay or when mechanicalkeyboards.com gets them in(they sell out very quick)

Switches between protocols

Try candykeys or mechkeyboard

Attached: don't ever talk to me or my wife's son ever again.jpg (2200x1467, 522K)

>walther

Attached: _op_is_a_fag.jpg (791x682, 46K)

How many guns do you own?

where did you get that sticker with the blue in it?

Do any of you guys know about the ibm model mtf converted keyboard thing that happened on desk thority or something, if so, could someone tell me more?

Just go there and ask retard

?

Attached: more walthers.jpg (3200x1411, 1.35M)

Holy fucking shit due
Alpha Chad/10

kek'd, but you still suck dick on a regular basis

Sorry for offtop, but did anyone have a Varmilo Mousepad? It's very cheap and beautiful. I want to buy it, but i don't sure about this, because i think it is an common chinese mousepad with bad glide and materials.

Attached: TB2z_MticnI8KJjSsziXXb8QpXa_!!2861950811.jpg (800x800, 132K)

my Jow Forums brothers do you know of any full size keyboards with cherry mx clears preferably in white?? plz I'm getting desperate

Holy moly those wooden grips are sexy as all hell

Ducky One

Works here on Archlinux. With the same command you use, and by pressing the physical reset.

It is a planck/rev4 though.

Is your system up to date?

More or less yeah. I'm using Void so maybe there's something fucky with the DFU package or something.

Eh I can flash on windows/mac, so it's not a huge deal. Would be more convenient to not have to copy the file to USB and plug the keyboard into a different machine, but I doubt I will be reprogramming it often enough to warrant spending a bunch of time trying to fix this.

What's the difference between "KC_CAPS" and "KC_LCAPS" in qmk? The documentation is generally great but can be very patchy in places.

>KC_LCAPS
no idea , its not even mentioned on their GitHub site

Attached: 2018-04-28-21:26:54_1302x583_scrot.png (1302x583, 45K)

use avrdude then

I'm gay, its KC_LCAP
It's described as a "locking caps lock" in the keycodes list (which means absolutely nothing to me). My keyboard's default config.h also has the line:
/*Enable locking support. Use KC_LCAP, KC_LNUM or KC_LSCR instead in key map */
#DEFINE LOCKING_SUPPORT_ENABLE
But I'm using KC_CAPS now and it's still working perfecly, so idfk

Have you read this?
github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/blob/master/docs/faq_keymap.md#mechanical-lock-switch-support

like this user pointed out, its something for gaymers where they have to walk maybe 100km and instead of holding down W they just press that comand

That's really neat, but since I don't have it I assume I can just remove the #DEFINE then

Can someone help a German buy his first mechanical keyboard?
I need a keyboard with iso de layout, prob. cherry blue switches (knockoffs), or other switches for typing / programming. It would also be great if the keyboard & caps are white, I probably won't customize it since keycaps for my keyboard layout are almost non-existent / too expensive.

>Budget
60€ max, 30-40€ preferred
>Location (continent at least)
Germany
>Preferred switch type
Cherry Blue switches or other switches for lots of typing
>Layout
iso layout (quertz)
>Form factor
preferably TKL, or at least 70% with arrow keys
>Backlight
not needed, but is a plus
>Previous/current keyboards
Logitech G15

Attached: 1496900645761.png (550x183, 23K)

you have to up your budget m8. The only keyboards I can find that come in qwertz for that price range is a g80-3000 or g80-1800

it's because of subhumans like you that I bought a new unicomp instead of a used model M

Who else /linearonly/ here
clickity clackity monkeys need to go.
Smooth and linear > all

Attached: muhjulia-3.jpg (1280x720, 100K)

Hab genau das gleiche gesucht. I finally settled on the Tada68 (65%) with gateron blues. It's ansi though, so you should consider using the US intl keyset. It's like 70€ with standard shipping to DE

There are lots of basic keyboards for 30 - 45€ on the German amazon, however most of them are black or have red switches etc.
Pic related is 60€, however it is only sold with red / black switches on amazon and I would need to import the version with blue ones.

Attached: 1500190348213.jpg (1500x1500, 131K)

> lots of guns
> chad
more like the turbo virgin amerifat

that's ANSI not ISO, unless you don't care about that

Any of you guys mix PBT and ABS caps on your boards?

not intentionally.

Does it bug you? I don't have any ISO compatible PBT lying around so I may have to make due for awhile

RGB is for s o y b o y s .

rgb very comfy also follow ops theme please, have some respect!

Attached: IMG_20180428_153021_HHT.jpg (4000x3000, 1.61M)

When your fucking mouse is bigger than your keyboard you know it's time to end it

Rgb can't even do proper white lmao

No. RGB radiation causes cancer.
Aesthetic is bullshit and life will never be comfy.

holy shit thats completely onions my fucking sides hurt

mouse mat?

patrician knife

Attached: hrng.png (1161x603, 1.51M)

There's a plugin Bluetooth adapter available, and I just plan to rip the guts out of the adapter and hide it in the keyboard. To be fair, I'm using a Planck in the sandwiched PCB case, so it's as easy for me as adding spacers if I need extra room for the adapter's guts.

Yes, my P70 has an ABS spacebar and it triggers the shit out of me

Linear switches feel like mush to me.
Tactile has helped me improve my typing speed tenfold once I stopped using my silvers board.

Why are you so obsessed with shilling the tada68?
The guy was asking about why people like a specific layout, not what people's favorite 65% was.

Because it's literally the same thing but $70 cheaper.

No, seriously, I don't think the tada68 is the best keyboard out there, but nobody has yet mentioned any advantage the whitefox has over it, unless you prefer the gap. This, combined with the price difference, is why I'm baffled that so many people would want one.

its the month of the whitefox, last month it was minivan keyboards and next month it will be what ever the new kikstarter or product they launch, call me schizophrenic but i believe that some posts mentioning the monthly meme are actually those guys trying to get the word out there

I just got a K70 RGB with cherry mx reds. Nice keyboard and very quiet. Thinking maybe should have gone for a ducky shine instead.

AT/PS2
XT

It's $70 cheaper if you want it with cheap plastic instead of an aluminum frame.

No, this months memeboard is the ALT, last month was the Kira.
Get your shit together, I thought you were an enthusist.

user im a metamemetics engineer, i analyzed the content posted in here an the subliminal messaging they where all transmitting and my conclusion was that someone was memeing X that's how i do it.

It's actually pretty good plastic
But I get your point. Is the whitefox aluminium? That would definitely justify the price point (even though I personally think aluminium is a meme).

I don't understand user

Looking for a 60%-75% Kailh Box Navy board, any suggestions?

KBD75

Excellent. Now I just need to find some nice hiragana keycaps. Do you know of any?