Why aren't you using the superior linux distro?

why aren't you using the superior linux distro?
> perfect balance between new software and stability
> sane defaults
> supports everything you'll ever need
> perfect for developers
> not hooked up to ubongonet
> superior rpm
> very good package manager
> not bloated but
> just werks

Attached: fedora-logo-100528469-large.jpg (580x388, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=rhel nsa
nsa.gov/what-we-do/research/selinux/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security-Enhanced_Linux
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sorry, but I'm not going to beta-test RHEL for free.

Systemd
Pulseaudio
Gnome 3
....redhat sponsored cancer
>it's just business goyim

because openSUSE exist if i want a RPM-based Linux distro

this. KDE is superior to the foot in any way and tumbleweed is just comfy.

> gnome3
you can use whatever wm/de combination you want with fedora
> systemd
i haven't had any problems with it, i don't think you ever had any either, you just like to stick to the Jow Forums hivemind
> pulseaudio
don't know enough about this to argue for it, audio works perfectly for me in fedora

>systemd
>binary-based
I think I'm going to stick with Gentoo.

Attached: 1521635249127.png (512x512, 6K)

Dnf is now actually quite good [I hated yum], but I'm largely using the older superior Linux distro - pic related.

Attached: gentoo-abducted-1600x1200.png (1600x1200, 90K)

the name

While my other laptop, PCs and servers all still run on Arch Linux, I installed it on my Thinkpad and am very pleased with it after I added RPM Fusion for some software missing from the main repository.

opensuse leap's software is too old, opensuse tumbleweed's software is too new for any serious use (work).
i do like suse but i think they should have a 6 month release cycle like fedora. also, it doesn't feel nearly as polished, you have to input root password twice to simply add a printer.

Systemd is great though. Using it on my Gentoo since shortly after it came out.

>helping the nsa debug their backdoors and not getting paid or even recognised for it
>superior linux distro

source?

Fug. Good luck when you forget to update your server.

Shut up Linus!

Shut up Linus! We know your daughter could print

Hurr ... as if NSA stuck to a single distro and / or one software suite when the plan is to essentially have internetwide surveillance.

lmgtfy.com/?q=rhel nsa
nsa.gov/what-we-do/research/selinux/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security-Enhanced_Linux
>Original author(s): NSA and Red Hat

Nigga, I said testing the backdoors, of course they then suggest you to install them elsewhere

> Crux master race and nothing else

[zalgo] CRUX [/zalgo]

the mascot is a drunk peinguin

ok, so you are naive enough to think they couldn't penetrate any other linux distro if they can penetrate fedora, got it.

> Nigga, I said testing the backdoors
Why the hell would they test them in Fedora rather than all Linux distros - because they just backdoor upstream software?

Doesn't Fedora only get updates for only 6 months or so & then you're on your own?

selinux is in upstream linux retard

Kind reminder that Feladora is the largest distro by usage that includes NSA/SELinux by default, and that by using it you are willingly handing your privacy over
>hurr but they are gonna get it anyways durr
>hurr but it isn't the original testbench durr

>source-based meme distro
enjoy spending 90% of your time not doing any actual work

Install Exherbo

>KDE is superior to the foot in any way
How is this an argument, when you can install KDE with one command or even use it by default, if you choose Fedora's KDE spin?

> perfect balance between new software and stability
not if you use a spin
> sane defaults
not if you use a spin or netinst
> supports everything you'll ever need
unless what you need is a bumped up version of a piece of software that requires waiting around a few months for the next major release if it even makes the cut for being included in that release, and also not if what you need has a proprietary element and rpmfusion aren't shipping it (see also: mumble not being available from repo for over a year)
> perfect for developers
see above and below
> superior rpm
rpm is fucking cancer
> very good package manager
it's reasonable but it's let down by a completely unviable user repository system, copr is cancer compared to pkgbuilds, ebuilds or even nix and seems like something dreamed up by the enterprise arm for enterprise developers
> just werks
not if you use a spin

t. long time fedora user but I've started using nix for when I want a package that isn't a few versions outdated