Router General Thread?

What router do you have?
What firmware is it running?
Stable?

Attached: download (2).jpg (400x76, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ubnt.com/edgemax/edgerouter-lite/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pfsense on an old server in the basement. I have a mikrotik behind that, then a couple routers spread throughout running in bridge mode.

Attached: Screenshot_20180428-091344.png (800x1280, 145K)

Some cool guy is maintaining an optimized OpenWrt build for my device.

Attached: Screenshot-2018-4-28 Optimized build for the D-Link DIR-860L.png (640x247, 92K)

not much work for him

Attached: Untitled.png (880x210, 9K)

I have a Buffalo with the same CPU as your router. I guess it'd be a good idea to switch from DD to OpenWRT? I see you haven't upgraded for a while but is this version that you're currently running on protects from KRACK?

Running the T-Mobile cellspot with Merlin fw is 376.47. Not impressed, but also don't want to spend any money on a router.

Ubiquiti Edgerouter 6P, good shit.

pic related, stock is good enough atm

Attached: $_57.jpg (1600x1200, 378K)

WRT54GL was my first and only router, still running.

Attached: 1503176652305.png (769x499, 51K)

I have the EdgeRouter Lite: ubnt.com/edgemax/edgerouter-lite/
Should I upgrade?

PCEngines APU2 running pfSense. Its awesome. I use the same thing at work for a ~50 person office, stable and performant.

Are you using this as a wireless access point as well? If so, what wifi card are you using?

Good thread.

Can someone tell me why is it, on DD WRT, that if I enable HTTPS (for outside access), I can't access the UI in any browser because apparently the encryption (SSLv3 I think) is deprecated. This happens on the TP Link WN741N. I have another router, the WN842ND, and that doesn't have this problem with the same DD WRT version. Is the method of encryption determined by the hardware or something?

not that poster, am - I use a Unifi AP-AC-PRO (one at home, 4 for the office)

Server has a KVM guest running nethserver - plug into switch, and WAP plus into that. It works well.

Don't see any reason to if everything is going fine.

DD-WRT is for lamers. Try OpenWRT.

What are some good books/guides for router and network configuration? I saw the one from NSA the other day, is there a more recent one?

>What are some good books/guides for router and network configuration? I saw the one from NSA the other day, is there a more recent one?
Link?

I don't have the link anymore, just google router configuration guide nsa, it's probably the first or second result, but it's from 2001, so it's pretty dated.

Pic related (Linksys WRT1200AC) with openwrt/lede latest stable!

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1500x844, 164K)

Have a DD-WRT (TL-WR841ND) as regular router and a VAP for my chink IoT.

Also running pfSense on ESXi for VPN and DNS poisoning.

1/1

Attached: SCDaUqG.png (980x1729, 147K)

2/2 lost count

Attached: OwkWMpx.png (980x1520, 239K)

Fritzbox 7490 as modem with a Netgear WNR3500 running Tomato to do everything else.

Still using wrt54g v8. How fukt am I?

What good cheap router should I upgrade to?

Is there any consumer router that can do SQM traffic shaping on faster internet connections, or do I need to start looking into building an x86 router?

I have an R7800 (wifi disabled) running LEDE on a 500/25mbps connection, and it seems to cap out at around the low 300mbps/upper 200mbps mark shaping the downstream using cake/layer_cake.QoS. Using fq_codel/simplest.QoS is slightly faster, hitting the mid-300mbps, but the latency spikes are worse.

EdgerouterPro8 and Edgerouter X both on 1.10.1 with debian packages

Been looking at picking up a MicroTik mAP lite for a travel router - anyone have any experience?

I wish you could get a modem without it also being a fucking router

What's the best router with repeating capabilities?

Attached: Dexter_Pizza.jpg (1920x599, 383K)

man I hear that

My modem was idiotically installed in my garage, on the other side of a concrete wall, so I flashed a Linksys router with dd-wrt to make a repeater that sends the signal to the rest of my house. It works pretty well, but sometimes I have to reconfigure it after blackouts.

PFSense
Needs to be updated but I don't live alone, so downtime is nearly nonexistent.
Stable as a rock. Pic related.

Attached: pfsense uptime.jpg (570x154, 22K)

>built 2010
Please tell me it's been updated in the last decade

I run pfSense on an athlon 5350.

I'm thinking of updating my soapbox to this:
EdgeRouter X + UniFi AC LR

What do you guys think?
Is there much difference between the AC and AC LR?

I have FTTN, so i really need something to do decent QoS for gamen.

Attached: er-x-router-side.png (1528x900, 929K)

>I have FTTN, so i really need something to do decent QoS for gamen.

Refurbished router with DD-WRT/Tomato installed.

Why not OpenWRT?

I haven't tried it. I just know that the QoS on DD-WRT/Tomato works well and it's a fairly inexpensive QoS solution

running windows 8.1 ics, lol

Attached: P1020284.jpg (1500x2000, 436K)

wrt54gs v1.0@tomato shibby

Started resetting itself two times a day. Waiting for new caps from China.

If that won't help I'll replace it with mikrotik RB2011.

Nice contraption.

Personally would go with some kind of metal plate as base because of fire hazard.

PC, old compaq evo
smoothwall
totally. had 2 die in last 6 years, but just swap the HD and 2 NICs into the replacement evo (have 4 old work sff pcs) and good to go. Nothing to configure or change.

The base is from a kitchen table with plastic coating that is supposed to be non-burnable, so unless there is a really serious short-circuit that manages to melt through it down to the wood, it should be reasonably safe. If I had /csg/ power supplies I wouldn't have used it, but I have some trust in those medical grade Mean Wells.

any SDN solution for a home/small business configuration or is it still too expensive for individual users?

ShibbyMod exists, but I just use TomatoUSB for the WPA2 Personal+AES bug fix.

image is my donation, I also got the dev to add support for Class A/B DHCP.

Attached: 1515421888998.png (764x501, 41K)

If indoors just go with the ac lite, it's plenty far reaching