Linux and wacom intuos

linux and wacom intuos

anyone tried those?

Mostly interested in Fedora

Attached: poopen.jpg (2500x2500, 167K)

I have wacom and use it under loonix.
Most of the functionality is non existent, like gestures.
S/w like krita or mypaint have some degree of supporting a few gestures.
you will install the wacom inptu library from xserver.
gnome and kde have better integration. I use xfce and I have to do most of the staff via cli.
Also, it seems that I cannot set relative to 1 display, flip it around(lefty here, but far right on politics... very far). Sometimes the driver will get crazy when you try to erase with the pen, but you'll deal with it.
Out of the few others out there, wacom has the best support, unless something changed the last year that I haven't been following the market that much.

Most Wacom tablets have built in support in kernel. I had the one in pic related and it worked out of the box with every distro I tried.

I wouldn’t recommend a brand besides Wacom because you’ll have to use digimend drivers and those are p. good but you lose access to xsetwacom which makes everything a PITA.

Read the Arch article for info on configuration, it’s all pretty easy as long as you’re patient.

The only thing I'm interested in knowing is if you can basically use it like a pen and/or mouse

gestures are meh for me, the idea would be to draw diagrams or, again, use it as basic input instead of a mouse

yes

is it pressure sensitive too under loonix?

bump

yeah, i was thinking, one should really value the pressure and slant functions, they add a lot in Ps work imho.

Wacom tablets hace excellent support in Ubuntu, I don't think a reason that wouldn't be the case in Fedora.

Can I use this on Arch plus i3wm? Also, which programs do you guys recommend to draw lewd korean cartoons?

bump

> which programs do you guys recommend to draw lewd korean cartoons?
Virtualbox and photoshop.
Seriously I know nobody likes having to do it but Linux just does not have any comparable image editors. GIMP technically isn't one at all, it's just an image manipulator.

Never had any problem with this. Quite literally has been plug and play, everything just works

Attached: !2jsaj-500x500__91526_zoom.jpg (500x500, 16K)

Don't listen to this guyKrita is unironically better for illustration, Photoshop is more geared towards image editors. If you get seriously into drawing and illustration, you'll find Photoshop's way of rotating the canvas to be retarded and inconvenient. And you will be rotating the canvas a lot to get the right angles! I have Photoshop, and I use mac for everything, but for drawing Krita is king no matter what platform you're on. On Windows there is also Paint Tool Sai that people seem to like, never tried it. Clip Studio is really good too

It works, in some cases it comes with a graphical interface out of the box (i think gnome based) and in others you have to use xsetwacom commands (i think theres a thing called wacotablet gui you can use as well), but yeah it even works on android devices (samsung s8 stock through otg) with pressure and everything.

>just works

werks*

+1, if you've been drawing with photoshop for years and shit then photoshop might feel a little bit comfier, but even for shit like color wheels and brushes photoshop is a bit of a pain in the ass.

The only problem i've noticed with krita is that with windows the accuracy is a little bit off, but i've fixed that by using it on linux instead.

thanks

What's upsetting about the wacom is when you want to buy a replacement cable, you need to check if it can even fit into the wacom.

Sounds odd.

I have an intuos, works perfectly, just plug and play. The Gnome menu let's me switch it to lefty mode with 0 issues.

I will literally never understand this complete and utter aversion to leveraging an OS that offers better tooling.
Every single artist of note and every design professional on the planet uses photoshop, it's so insanely good at what it does that it's basically an entire conglomerates source of income.
Also I've never heard of a weaker complaint than not knowing how to easily rotate around in photoshop.

t. underaged b& who only knows people in his high school that use photoshop

photoshop definitely has it's uses but drawing is not one of them. Also you fucking retard if they're in graphic design they're not primarily using photoshop but indesign, assuming they're Adobe users.

>Jow Forums is so retarded it eliminates competition
Nice.

How many plugins do you need to make GIMP draw a circle?

photoshop is only used by professionals because it has a large surface area in terms of functionality- you won't need to acquire separate tools for vector stuff, photomanipulation etc.

its usability is pretty bad compared to more specialized tools- krita, csp, sai etc. are much better for drawing in particular

>only used by professionals because it was bootlegged to hell and back during the 90's lan parties
It was the most capable tool at the time and kids both learned it and passed it around. Not sure how Adobe expects that pipeline of future users not to dry up with their batshit DRM antics.

this is Jow Forums
we need to test these beliefs everyone takes for granted

Attached: 15229571jhjhjh.gif (280x210, 372K)

yes

I own Huion Pro and I had to compile drivers for it. But it works great.
I expect Wacom works OOTB.

wacom almost always just works (there might be problems with some weird editions that aren't sold anymore). Fedora should work just with a plug with no functionality lost. Other tablet brands would probably require some tinkering and all functionality might not be supported.

photoshop is for photo editing, not digital painting. There are better tools for digital painting that are also free (and even libre).

there are some hacks that you have to do in xfce.
In gnome and kde, there's interface where you can change everything.

thanks, ordered one

>in kde
OH NO NO NO