Are OLED TVs worth the hype? Thinking about upgrading from a regular 55" 1080p LED TV

Are OLED TVs worth the hype? Thinking about upgrading from a regular 55" 1080p LED TV

Attached: oled.png (1163x736, 162K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rtings.com/tv/learn/real-life-oled-burn-in-test
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No, the burn in will drive you crazy.

See here: rtings.com/tv/learn/real-life-oled-burn-in-test

Upgrade to a Panasonic Viera plasma.

I bought the LG b7 65inch oled. I watch like 5 hours a night during the week and it's on like all weekend. Zero burn in, amazing picture, incredibly thin. I thought I was going to regret it but it's simply amazing.

Does that include gaming?

Sorry, I do not game.

Those are even more likely to get burn ins than OLEDs though.

t. owns a Panasonic Viera plasma TV

they don't make them anymore and buying a used plasma is one of the dumbest things you could do

Pointing to this as evidence of anything is retarded. That test has the TVs running for 20 hours a day, every day, running the exact same content. Who the fuck actually uses a TV like that? Not to mention that only the ones running 24 hour news channels have some burn in, even being used in such an abnormal way.

If you're not a dumb fuck and don't spent 20 hours a day watching CNN, you're extremely unlikely to have any issues with burn in.

Any plasma you buy now is going to have at least four years or use under its belt, unless you can somehow find some new old stock. And frankly they don't really offer any advantage over OLED beyond motion handling. They're even more prone to burn in and are incredibly dim by today's standards, maxing out at well under 200 nits.

No reason to meme with the oled. Qled is where its at.

Not him, but I have the 55" version and games look great, but "4k" hdr games look amazing. GoW keeps impressive me with his great it looks on a console.

If they're like my Kuro, they should have the orbiting feature to prevent that. There is literally no burn-in on my 151FD, and I play RPGs with static menus on it.
Not if you know what to look for and can find a low-hour TV. Confirmation of work hours isn't difficult. Still looks better than any new TV other than OLEDs, and they're sub-$1k for 60" screens now as Kuro and Viera owners are offloading the shits for OLEDs.
I'll give you that not a lot of people are willing to spend the time to shop around for a used TV and deal with a lot of fuckheads who mistreated their set.
>They're even more prone to burn in and are incredibly dim by today's standards, maxing out at well under 200 nits.
Don't put the TV opposite of a window.

Attached: 20170513_154233.jpg (2560x1440, 1.05M)

Panasonic no longer makes TVs, period. Just found this out myself when looking to upgrade my Dad's 20-year-old Panasonic to a new 4K model.

Wait for QLED

Best TVs money can buy for cinematic content (TV, shows, some games). Would be the best for everything, if not for the burn in potential. Not for watching a lot of news or channels with bright static logos, or extended PC desktop use.

gooksung shills sure are increasing

1080p ones not 4k ones

see chroma sub sampling

>inb4 "muh luma"

Attached: Colorcomp.jpg (1236x616, 212K)

Nice deflecting LGshill. You sure are quick to get rid of your OLED stock.

>kuro
F

Wait for it? It's dying.

Worth the hype, but not yet worth the price. Still a luxury product at this time.

plus the burn-in issue, while not as bad as it used to be, still hasn't been completely resolved yet.