Is it a meme?

Is it a meme?

Attached: Waterfox_Logo_(redesigned_2015).png (256x256, 30K)

Idk it works pretty well for me on windows based machines at least

Only good for:
Privacy
Back compatibility

Otherwise I have really mixed experiences on it
High memory usage too

Yes, but I still like it. Firefox's new button icons and error pages are awful, and not having pocket and other shit is always good. Also I'm still using exhentai easy because exhentai passport didn't work for some reason.

It's a fucking meme and I wouldn't recommend it, but still better than firefox.
>High memory usage
This. It gets my laptop up to 50°C.

Attached: [MLF] Love Live! Sunshine!! 2 01 [720p] (00:05:59.733) 0001.png (1280x720, 1.01M)

Try it. It's a good browser, better than Chrome, Firefox and Vivaldi. I use it as my daily browser and I don't have any problem. Memory usage is lower than Chrome.

Attached: 1524853923655.jpg (554x800, 31K)

Yes, your life is.

A good meme

The question is - Is Basilisk a meme?

It has a nice logo

Not if you like fur.

>pocket

truly the worst

Attached: 1524422555297.png (500x376, 272K)

It's almost perfect. Sometimes it uses a lot of memory though. Especially when watching videos in a row. If you close all the tabs with videos it still uses several GB. After a while it clears the space again. I think it keeps things in memory that need not be there.

Its literally firefox esr with slower updates and retro icons

Stable af but it kills my fan most of the time

Its nuts lets say you start playing 20 youtube live streams, just as a test, let them play for an hour. Close them but leave a blank tab open. The RAM usage remains high. It never goes back to baseline until you close the browser process. Its like its memleaking filling up with old video data.

Same thing with edge browser.

No it’s not. Try visiting the website first mozfag.

>b-but unused ram is wasted ram!
I’ve not had these issues myself, but I think I’ve limited it to one process. Kinda sucks.

Well my issue is I like to boot my pc and leave it on for 2-3 days with the same browser session (with many video tabs open and paused) so thats likely part of why I notice.

>doesn't know how to disable pocket
OY VEY

Attached: 1 fuck.jpg (500x491, 40K)

Curious.

>having to disable a “feature” nobody wanted in the first place
Damage Control has arrived.

Sure it's a feature that no one wanted, WITH the ability to rid it.
>complains either way
I mean, imagine if you actually had to live with it or better yet removing it would somehow break the browser's functionality. Then what? Just remove it and move it. It is a pain that Mozilla has gone the path it has, but there are ways around it. I use Waterfox because of various but not just because they added ONE feature that no one wanted.

>waaah

I use it because I'm clinging to a discontinued extension and hoped i could maybe still get some security updates in, but then I just left it at ff 54.
Might as well use an old FF version.

> Might as well use an old FF version.
Why? Waterfox is FF56 with backported updates. You can have your cake and eat it too.

Waterfox is a meme.
Pale Moon... I mean Meme is self-explanatory.
Basilisk is a meme.
Firefox pre-Quantum is a meme now, too.

In all seriousness though, please don't use outdated versions and/or forks. It really hurts FF's development.

Attached: 1024px-Firefox_Logo,_2017.svg.png (1024x1024, 202K)

> but not just because they added ONE feature that no one wanted.
You think it was just because of Pocket that people jumped the Mozilla train? It’s all the shit they added to Firefox as well as their corporate shitshow.

>もしもし、ベイトです!

It's not bait. I really, really like FF Quantum and I'm disappointed so many people seem to hate it, often falling for ridiculous memes.

it's shit, like all browsers.
I switched to palemoon which is basically ff27.
I don't care if the furryfag get rammed by donkey dick, as long as he keeps working on palemoon, he can get all the animal dick he likes.

Oh god, you were serious?
>don’t use forks of an open sores project
>somehow doing that hurts the main project
The point of open sores is to have easily forked code so that faggotry like that happening at Mozilla doesn’t hurt the community.

not if you want overlayed scrollbars and a removed title bar

Alternatives?
I just did a wipe of my laptop, so trying to set up a clean new workspace. Firefox? Opera? Brave?

Die

Opera.
You're welcome.

>Chinese spyware
No thank you

that's the point

Attached: KDGT4Ar.jpg (540x303, 29K)

It's the Firefox I want to use that Mozilla doesn't want me to use. They're marching down a slow process of Chromification like Opera did and I simply won't follow them

Privacy-violating bloatware doesn't stop being such just because it's "opt out" after installation. If complaining about malware makes me a baby then give me my fucking bottle and suck my tiny dick! And take your ONE and shove it up your ass! Every update Mozilla added another "oh just turn it off" antifeature, and increasingly even turning it off wasn't allowed just like Chrome which they're copying.

It's Firefox 56 with a number of Mozilla's bad decisions blocked or removed. Most importantly, it's compatible with fully functional addons rather than requiring signed webex.

Old FF was starting to break on some websites.

If you don't want people to skip updates stop making shitty updates that include things people don't want

Opera is just Chrome with a Chinese botnet instead of Google's

>This. It gets my laptop up to 50°C.
next time don't buy Apple laptop faggot

Kill yourself faggot, I have a fucking Thinkpad.

i am sitting on Dell d 830 right now you mongrel and i have no problems

I think it has something to do with the CPU, or my extensions I'm not really sure, but sometimes it gets up to 50°C just with Youtube or Jow Forums.

is the fan ON :^)
also what CPU ?

Fan works, it's an i5, I'm more inclined to believe it has something to do with uBlock, usually it has like 400 blocked request only with Youtube.

>I5
ah i see your problem now
also no Ublock blocking ~400 ads is normal

The performance is really bad if you use a lot of tabs but Firefox is a gimped piece of shit so I have no other choice then to use it. I only hope more people feel that same way so Alex can hire more developers. He's not an anti-social dick like the palemoom Dev so maybe he can make something out of it. There's a decent amount of community activity on the GitHub and an active kde fork. I think they're trying to backport all the new api features so they don't end up like the other forks with no add-ons. I almost certain that Mozila is actively trying to fuck over their competition with the add on bullshit. I wish the developer had tim to deal with the performance problems.

Good fuck Firefox

It's not a ridiculously "meme" I can't use my add ons that's important to me. I'll switch to Firefox comes to their senses and makes a decent add on API again but I'm not holding my breath mozilla is run by the most patheitic assholes in open source . They're even worse than redhat and that's saying something.

> I think they're trying to backport all the new api features so they don't end up like the other forks with no add-ons.
This is exactly what they’re doing. Also it says something about Pale Moon that Alex didn’t want to work with them.

It's shit but it's the only decent open source browser as far as I'm concerned. Firefox are a bunch of lying feminist shitbags at this point.