How would you convince someone who has only ever used GNU+Linux to use Windows?

How would you convince someone who has only ever used GNU+Linux to use Windows?

Attached: 1522899077747.png (112x112, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WTb2EAxLyF0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what i get out of it will determine what i will put into it

Someone who has only used GNU+Linux clearly is suffering with mental illnesses that are just beyond what modern medicine can fix. So at that point, lock them up and quarantine them away from humanity.

this is why I love gnu/linux

Attached: apu-dance.gif (528x555, 816K)

besides being in software sales, in what situation would anyone want to try and convince someone to use a different OS?

First, you convince them to kill themselves

My primary OS is GNU/Linux, and when I got to the College I expected people to have a negative reaction to it, but for my surprise they get really impress by Linux, I use a tilling windows manager, and they really like my workspace and workflow, and some girls actually have said that my desktop is cute.
When I tell them I mostly use the keyboard to control everything in my computer they get really interested, they always say that I'm the only person who knows how to use my laptop, and they consider it a good thing. Also they get impressed when I tell them that there is barely any virus for GNU/Linux.

So far I have done most of my work in Open Source software without any trouble.

>tfw when Jow Forums lied to me.
Why you even here?

Attached: [MLF] Love Live! Sunshine!! 2 08 [720p] (00:09:26.399) 0008.png (1280x720, 803K)

point proven
clinically insane

do group projects with them only using build tools from windows

You replied to me in less than a 30 secs, how aren't you the insane here?

>I expected people to have a negative reaction to it, but for my surprise they get really impress by Linux
Normies tend to think that anyone who uses GNU/Linux is a tech savvy.

I wouldn't

>literal third world eslposter
>loves linux
you can't make this shit up LMAO

That's my point, it's more easy to convince them to use Linux than convince someone to use Windows. I met a guy who installed Ubuntu after seeing me using Loonix, and I swear I didn't tell him to do so.

youtube.com/watch?v=WTb2EAxLyF0
Can't

Why you didn't tell him to install Gentoo?

I don't go around telling people to install loonix, but he really got excited when he saw me using linux, he even couldn't install Ubuntu correctly, I can't imagine If he had tried with any other distro.

How to fuck up with ubiquity? It should be obvious if you use the whole disk.

gaymes

I wish I know, but he was the typical windows user and gamer, he probably tried advanced options or something and fucked it up.

not convinced, try again

Telemetry.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

still not convinced, but if windows has a botnet I might convinced

You can search for a program on the internet, click a download link, doubleclick what's been downloaded, press Enter for like three times, and that program is installed and will actually work. No config files necessary. No troubleshooting. No third party repositories. It just works.

More importantly, you can expect that to be true for like 95% of all machines running Windows, that includes those of your technically inept relatives which you have to guide through this shit on occasion.

and more importantly get a lot viruses from that.

What is deb and rpm files?
>actually work
Windows have shitty backward compatibility especially for games.

>You can search for a program on the internet, click a download link, doubleclick what's been downloaded, press Enter for like three times, and that program is installed and will actually work.
Why is that better than one simple command?

>You can search for a program on the internet, click a download link, doubleclick what's been downloaded, press Enter ONE time, and that program is installed and will actually work in GNU/Linux.
You can also download it through a safe virusless package manager or app store.

That sounds a lot more complicated than using my package manager.

Portable programs.
>app store
At least windowstards know that app stores are stupid.

ohh, this download comes with something called pc optimizer pro bundled in! awesome, that should help my PC run even faster!

You'll have a lot more time to unnecessarily complicate other basic things to synthesize a false sense of accomplishment, like driving a manual or going vegan.

Attached: 1507077390814.jpg (473x472, 43K)

I can't think of a legitimate reply and I don't want to say anything mean or sarcastic...

this is actually a pretty cool idea

when I was a teenager I tried ubuntu as my first linux and fucked up a few time by overestimating my technical abilities

this, plus a lot of repos come with a gui software manager, and one can install something like synaptic.

linux is like cocks
once you try it you can't go back

no homo

Play with adobe programs.
It's the only thing stopping me.

Attached: 10393015.jpg (593x449, 27K)

Tbh in most cases "linux" is easier. I set my mum up with fedora and she thought libre office as well as the intuitiveness of the de was great

Oh lol wrong way around

Aren't those just expensive, simple programs that are only popular because they are presented as industry standards?

Same way you convince anyone to take part in any mental illness, i.e.
"Hey girlfriend! Wanna uthe Windowthe? It's thoooo-oooo-oooo fabulouth! Come on, you can be "jutht curiouth" at firtht, then it'll be part of who you are. ;)"

lol got him

photoshop for image editing, illustrator for vector graphics, lightroom for .cr2 processing, are unbeaten on any platform.

premiere/after effects have heaps of comparable alternatives, although none of them are on linux anyway.

>photoshop for image editing, illustrator for vector graphics, lightroom for .cr2 processing, are unbeaten on any platform.
Yeah, that's how they advertise it, I remember.

For me it was Visual Studio, but whatevs - linux is my preference for everything else

Games that don't run on Wine.
But I'm immune to this, since my hardware is potato.

I wouldn't waste my time trying to convince anyone of anything they should be doing.

The wincuck street shitter butthurt is amazing.

meanwhile on gnu/linux you can literally enter a single command and already have 1 or more packages installed and ready to be used

>and some girls actually have said that my desktop is cute.

boy just what the hell are you on about

Stop trying to write like a nigger. You aren't funny.

do you tell people that in real life?

I would if they started speaking like that, however it just seems to be Americans who want to imitate niggers so I haven't encountered it outside of the internet.

>tiling wm
>cute
>girls

*reverse engineers the program and rewrites it for linux*

Ask them to play a fun game with you that doesn't work on Wine.

>watches anime
>literally can't make a rational argument.
k

I'd tell them that video games are for children.

So is posting on a weeb site.

Vidya games
Basically the only reason to use Wangblows

Attached: project-cars-2-ps4-ps4-58648.jpg (1920x1080, 338K)

sudo pacman -S nvidia
:^)

wew lad

Literally this. Playing skyrim atm.

Works on wine just fine.

I have Photoshop and Illustrator working perfectly in wine. Don't know why everyone complains about no Adobe on Linux

Really? Installing steam breaks my xorg settings though.

I played it on wine like years ago.

If you've used GNU+Linux for that long you're likely to be used to it by that point. IMO if you're already good enough there's not much point in going over to windows and you can't really argue "muh software" with this instance because if they've used it for that long then they're likely already using all the alternatives

>Installing steam breaks my xorg settings
Literally Arch Linux

When he means 'just fine' he means noticeably worse than on windows but he tolerates it because he forces himself to use it.

>How would you convince someone who has only ever used GNU+Linux to use Windows?
Mock them for using a meme hacker os.

>tfw your tiling WM gets you laid

Yes, but I also tried it when I was on debian. Memes != legitimate information

>How would you convince someone who has only ever used GNU+Linux to use Windows?
Can't think of anything. If they have always survived without Windows then there's no point. The same reason I can't convince anyone to move around in a wheelchair if they have never needed one. One thing that could probably be said is games but they might have a console for that. Windows gaming is not that huge market. Maybe the only thing I would actually say is it's good to be aware of the alternatives and learn how to use everything, just in case.

Honestly these losers are a lost cause.

Just look at all their anime wallpapers, they've given up completely on the idea of reproducing.

I use Linux for work. People who use linux for fun are just looking for time to kill because they have nothing better to do

No fun allowed and anime wape is only possible on linux.
Like my ass

Lobotomy.

Windows requires more time to configure properly than any GNU+Linux distro.

Lightworks runs on Linux (it was used to edit Pulp Fiction, btw)

>be me
>go to college
>some manlet with his chinkpad runs arch
>shit doesn't work when he needs to do presentations or anything serious
>he constantly brags about how he can use soley his keyboard(?)
>no one wants to use his laptop because it's shit
>recently some """trans""" takes notice of it
>he calls his wallpaper cute but that's about it

The fart i just released was more funny and original than you.

I wouldn't force them if they thought they can already do everything they want to on Linux. they ought to try it, just to be on top of things and know it if they ever need to access a computer that's not their own and has windows on it.
I'm sure a lot of ppl use windows, at least on an occasional basis, because there's some software (in b4 games) that doesn't run, or doesn't run as well, on linux. they can use linux the rest of the time.

epic, upvoted
edit: this blew up

Wording this.

Why would I want to? No, seriously, if they've only ever used GNU/Linux and it's suited their needs well enough that they've never had to use Windows before, what good does it do me or them to try to talk them into it?

Kinda this.
Nobody gives a flying fuck about what computer you use in uni

Video games

That's for consoles.

Yeah, use one command instead...

EXCEPT that you have to SEARCH that package, maybe it isn't indexed so you have to install OTHER REPOS first, and then a gazillion other things get installed because the devs used a single function in a beta-third party library not supported since 1998 ...

Hugely faster and more efficient, you're right...

Just ran UT99. Only problem was the lack of voodoo cards. I needed to edit a file for it, so there goes you meme bullshit with packages.

windows is LITERALLY a 10 min install, and you only have to enter your user name and password...

How is windows harder to configure than linux?

I've installed both multiple times (because of HDD failures), windows was always the fastest to get up and running

This.
If you're using an Atari 2600, why would I sit here trying to convince you to buy a PS4? Millions of kids were just fine with the Atari 2600 back in the 70's, just like millions were fine with MS-DOS. If you want to use a free version of MS-DOS on your computer today and that's all you need since you don't do much of anything on your PC, that's fine.

See, you just needed to edit a file...
You don't need to edit any files on windows

Same issue exist on windows with the same fix.

but still your anecdotal evidence with installing ONE program doesn't contradict the overall user experience.

I've been using both for years, and if it wasn't for the command line on linux, i would have stayed on windows forever

anime website

That's damn impressive if you included the inevitable the update installation too. :^)