Why do apple charge such insanely high prices for such poorly made and poorly functioning products?

Why do apple charge such insanely high prices for such poorly made and poorly functioning products?

Attached: MY CUSTOM PC VS MACBOOK PRO _ 4k Video in Adobe Premiere [360p]_1.webm (640x360, 1.76M)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/dY0NHBk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

because people are willing to pay

Because some people want something that JUST works? Some people are sick of shitty android phone that starts slowing down after 1 year and has no support after 2. Meanwhile an iPhone 6s still gets updates to this day and is adequate at nearly everything.

Because they're quality American products :^)

Attached: 317029-640.jpg (640x360, 145K)

>lagPhone
>still functioning after 6 months of lagOS """updates"""

You can't afford an iPhone.

>You can't afford an iPhone.
This.
IPhone 6s came out almost 3 years ago and it still function good and looks modern yet my old Samsung stopped recieving updates after 1 year because I had to wait for carrier shitty updates, meanwhile Apple support it 3-4 years old products.
As much as I like to hate on Apple for their shitty practices and pricing but android is no better, look at Huawei and Oneplus new phones prices and thenai dare you to call iPhones expensive.

Why do Vitalik charge such insanely high prices for such poorly made and poorly functioning products?
(smart promotion and commercils)

Attached: PONZI.jpg (964x995, 412K)

for a fucking fruit.

Don't feel yourself. Apple is just a foxconn wholesaler

Link to video please.

>You can't afford an iPhones
>iPhones aren't expensive at all!

Make up your mind.

Because they can.

And don't make the mistake of thinking this is uniquely an apple problem.

Appletoddlers have defended this.

I use android, my grown son uses apple. Both of us swear at our products regularly. However, he feels that everything he buys has to be compatible with his iphone and has spent way more than he should have to spend on other electronics IMO, whereas all my stuff is standalone and frankly I don't give a damn. Maybe I'm just getting old...

Apple is being pretty retarded.
Video editors used to love Apple and were completely ready to keep buying their products.
But Apple just stopped offering decent Mac Pro upgrades.

How much are you being paid?

I use my gf old 5s and it just received an update a coupe of days ago and works like a charm

It's not like there are any alternatives.

>not installing lineage
Your own fault desu

Because their software is good. They want full control over the hardware with forced obsolescence because they know end consumers don't buy software.
They build the hardware out of cheap shit because it's designed as a ~2 year disposable product. They are also bricking repaired phones and slowing down older models with firmware updates. They got caught and just made up some bullshit about batteries getting old and saving power by making your phone run like shit so you'll go buy a new one.

>JUST works
top fucking kek
>have to compile everything by hand because no packet manager and brew will give you broken versions of software
>HEADLESS ROOT LMAO CANT EVEN INSTALL THINGS ON /USR/
>SLOW AS FUCKING SHIT
>whoever thought of that retarded wireless mouse should go fuck himself, seriously how can you be so FUCKING dumb?

fuck off, I hope apple goes bankrupt

fpbp
/thread

>Muh root
>Muh customisability
>I need more open phone CUZ I am smarter than the average joe

Fuck off, sure Apple is a piece of shit companyno one can deny that but not ever one wants to keep tinkering wuth his phone but I guess some day you'll reach your 20s qns stop caring about trivial stuff

99% sure he's talking about Mac, not iPhone.

Nice when these new "updates" for old iPhones are released just to make the phone slower on purpose as admitted by applel

Battery throttling which now shows clearly in the settings that you can turn on and off, be interesting to see how long batteries last with 30% life left with full blown CPU usage.

Muh shitty apple products, Say what you want about the macs and laptops but the X is the most powerful phone on the market. Their chips are just that much further advanced than anyone else I'm surprised they haven't started putting them in their laptops yet. Intel need to start getting their shit together.

who's the lesbian?

name of this roastie?

Why do you post webm with people taliking when there is no audio on your castrated imageboard?

Because many people think "higher price = better quality".

Most consumer markets have a player like that.
Economists have a name for it, can't remember it though.

Attached: images.jpg (289x174, 7K)

If you honestly think the a11 chip is as fast as even a low end desktop chip then please get off this board

>wanting to spend days ricing shit out instead of coughing up $800 for a device that you just turn on and start using reliably
lmao it's like you enjoy compatibility issues and crashes galore

because mac os is just so good

>a huge fucking desktop that I spent time and money building with custom parts
vs
>some laptop or whatever idk
of fucking COURSE the desktop would be faster. that's literally the point. what the fuck

also,
>using Adobe anything
do you like bloat and instability or something?

Mactoddlers have defended this.

Why is this dumb broad encoding video on a laptop?

>a huge fucking desktop that I spent time

what the flying fuck does that have to do with the render time??? That add absolutely nothing to your argument

>and money

how do you know the PC did not cost the same? are you just making guesses?

>building with custom parts

you make it sound like they used a home made processor

If you call us Apple and ask if their MBP is good for video rendering, guess what they will tell you

>ask a company if their product is good
>they say yes
rly makes you think

>wow a desktop performs better than a laptop
who'd have thought

This, OP and the video he posted is a bit retarted. I don't even like apple but of course a desktop will perform better than an even somewhat similarly priced laptop that is also designed to be thin and light.

Why does Loogle and other Andloo companies spend so much money on poorly trained and poorly functioning shills when they could put that money into their products?

I still have a fully functional 5s

I have a 6 and it is laggy as fuck just using safari with some music in the background. I shant ever be upgrading it, but there's still a lot of noticeable lag, especially since upgrading to ios11

Fuck off pajeet, post proof or you’re just a paid shill larper.

Because dumb people deserve losing their money.

t. Shill
Why are you so defensive you corporate cuck
imgur.com/a/dY0NHBk

Appleshit is at a premium but I wouldn't say insanely high? At most you are paying like $2000 for a laptop with specs that a $1600 Lenovo laptop has.

Normies trash anything they get their hands on, so durability is not really a huge concern for them.

Is someone comparing rendering speeds on a consumer-grade laptop geared toward students vs. a desktop?

brand, mob mentality, and just werks feature

Apple products aren't expensive. They seem that way to you because you're comparing them against devices whose costs are partially subsidized by bloatware.

Apple does not preinstall bloatware for the sake of money so their products are more expensive.

It's an easy choice to make. Do you want a quality product that doesn't sell your info to thirdparties and pay a reasonable price, or do you want cheap a cheap chinkshit device that spies on you?

This, lots of marketing which includes online shill teams and product placements make people buy that garbage. I'm sort-of guilty as well, I don't own a single garbage Apple product but I've bought a few iPhone's for my nieces (who really wanted them due to marketing propaganda). I know the right thing to do would have been to explain to them that Apple products are a huge scam and that their phones have a 60-70% profit margin - which means that you get 30-40% of the product value you pay for. Yes, look it up, it's that bad.

I updated my old 5s last week from iOS 7.1.2 to the latest version and it's slow as fuck now. Even my old S5 is faster.

hilary

> Quality
> American products

Pick one.

>android phone that starts slowing down after 1 year

I think you got your memes mixed up here. It's android that doesn't get updates. It's fruit phones that get regular updates to ensure the user experience degrades over time and forces users to upgrade. My $20 android phone has no updates, still runs the same speed as the day I bought it, and still makes phone calls. Meanwhile it has a headphone jack, SD card slot, and removable battery.

>t. Assblasted itoddler

it's easier to pretend that something is undesirable than face the truth that you can't afford it or obtain it

This, at least 2/3s of the world's population consists of literal retards, only half of the rest can even be considered "intelligent", much less "smart".

It's easier to pretend that $2 a day makes you "wealthy" than face the truth that you're a gullible fruit sheep poorfag.

it works but its two generations behind
truthfully, most apple users don't even know

pro-tip:
apple's focus is making money

>what the flying fuck does that have to do with the render time???
It's acceptable for desktops to take up more space and use more energy than laptops. Ergo, desktops are almost always bound to have more processing power. More processing power = faster render times. It's directly related.
>how do you know the PC did not cost the same? are you just making guesses?
Yes. But they're pretty safe guesses.
>you make it sound like they used a home made processor
...No? No.
Custom parts are parts that you ordered or bought and assembled together yourself. It's that simple.
When you buy a compact computer designed to focus on portability first and power second and pit it against a computer that is very obviously a huge powerhouse, of course the laptop would lose.
That comparison is akin to comparing a Prius to a Chevy pickup for the task of towing something huge. Of course the Chevy would get the job done much faster; it's obvious.
I can't believe I even have to explain any of this. It's all common sense.

>itoddler banned
LMAO

Idk man. All I've ever owned was Apple products and they all still work for me. Maybe you should take better care of your things?

>whoever thought of that retarded wireless mouse should go fuck himself, seriously how can you be so FUCKING dumb?
I can defend this.
The way the Magic Mouse charges is an intentional design choice. The reason it charges that way serves multiple purposes. If the mouse charged the way you wanted it to, you would never unplug it except for special occasions. This not only totally defeats the entire purpose of having the mouse be wireless in the first place but can also be harmful to the device's battery life.
The Magic Mouse's battery can supply up to two months of usage in under two hours of charging, and can supply about 24 hours of use with around two minutes of charging, meaning the way this mouse charges poses literally ZERO inconvenience to the user. It just looks bad but is generally beneficial for the product's lifespan and user satisfaction.
The whole point of the Magic Mouse is the fact that it can be used without taking up a port at all; it doesn't even require one of those little Bluetooth receivers you jam into the side of your laptop and forget about with other wireless mouses. It pairs directly with the computer itself. Other wireless mouses typically run on removable batteries that are either disposable or externally rechargeable, meaning you have to take the mouse apart, remove the battery cells and either replace them with new ones or recharge them.
Anyway, the point is that there is literally nothing wrong with the way the Magic Mouse charges. It looks kinda silly, yeah, but poses no inconvenience (all you have to do is leave it plugged in whenever the computer isn't in use - say, while you're sleeping - and you only have to do that once every two months or so).
Totally necessary and honestly kind of clever design choice, actually.

A mactoddler has defended this.

I don't know how you can be a fruitshill nowadays. Not to defend jewgle either, but they've fallen so far from grace that it's embarrassing.

Explaining it to them would've been a waste of time because they don't care about that, just like everyone else who buys them. Their friends and favorite celebrities have them, they'll want them too, no matter what.

i dont think anyone understands, if you break it all down, its all physically made in china, with chinee labor, material, and pay scale, applel is a strange case of a unique double hit, the ipod, than the phone, circa 2000's nobody really cared about mac stuff, editors and photosnobs, that fuckin ipod spun a total market direction for all their divisions... sell uniformity, sell art deco, its form over function and peopel thinking they get value and status in spending more meme bux, buying this stuff at launch is like leasing a new porsche when you flip burgers

Because some people are just mindless sheep who need to have an affectation like an expensive latop with a piece of fruit on it in order to feel important.

hurr durr, my i7 laptop is 1/3 the cost of a macbook pro i7!
> never take my laptop anywhere because it's huge and heavy
> can't use my laptop longer than 30 minutes away from a power outlet
> screen is absolute shit
> aliasing artifacts on screen because LCD panel is not true 720
> still don't have SSD
> deal with function keys broken because warranty wasn't honored
> will replace in 8 months because cheap chinkshit capacitor will blow
> gay chinese fap while watching me fap because backdoor

>planned obsolescence
> 2008 Macbook Pros still go for $200-500 depending on configuration and condition

Attached: oreally.jpg (1920x1080, 79K)

Attached: images.png (205x245, 9K)

I completely expected a smash cut to a blacked scene.

>the absolute state of applefaggots

>mactoddlers totally arent gullible morons that buy based on brand alone
>c2d macshit that performs worse than pentium 3 PCs cost $300-500 depending on condition and configuration

What if I told you that raw processor speed isn't the only desirable quality of a computer.

>why do apple charge such insanely high prices for such poorly made and poorly functioning products?

Ex Apple fanboy here. Some answers for you.

Because, like any greedy capitalist company, they can get away with it (Le Cache). Same reason people buy Nike Vapormax shoes

It's a 30-40 percent profit margin, even on cables etc. 129U$ for a mice looking, but ordinary keyboard (no backlighting, ha)

Seriously out of date hardware (except MBP and iMacs)

Still charging original price for Mac Pro and Mac Mini, when technology is years old.

Only thing stopping me moving on to Peecee is OSX, and that's getting worse every year.

Attached: 25434.jpg (616x400, 25K)

Attached: 1513577448321.jpg (1000x538, 131K)

Computers are divided into classes by raw performance. Inside them, indeed, other factors matter.

It was clearly designed by a macsigner not an engineer.

>macsigner: I don't want interrupt the design flow of this handheld cursor manipulation device by putting the charging port where it would still be usable whilst charging.
>Also let's give it an internal rechargeable battery that *should* last for ever and only ever need charging once every now and then. Because anything else BUT that scenario could never happen...
>Desinger/engineer: If we MUST have an internal battery rather than letting the users put on their big boy pants and either supply their own rechargeables or just fucking use disposable batteries let's at least use a skerrick of common sense by putting the recharging port where the use can still fucking use the fucking mouse while it's recharging!

>Totally necessary and honestly kind of clever design choice, actually.
Interesting interpretation of necessary and clever.

Attached: Magic-Mouse-charging.jpg (1999x1500, 223K)

I use a 2015 Macbook 12".
The thing is pretty anemic when raw performance is concerned.
It's still a more enjoyable computer for day-to-day use and even coding than either Linux or Windows running on a Desktop i7.
But beyond that, I've yet to see a laptop match this in desirable features of a laptop -- lightweight, excellent screen, great battery life.

The thing will get at least a few hours of charge in it in the time it takes to switch out batteries. It will charge 24 hours worth of use in the time it takes to take a piss and refill a glass of water. If some day you get a battery warning, plug it in when you go to sleep, and you wake up, and you've got 1-2 months.
Seriously, it's doesn't matter that you can't use it when it's charging, as it takes such little charge to be usable.
I admit, it's a weird design choice, but people who take issue with it blow it way out of proportion.

>It will charge 24 hours worth of use in the time it takes to take a piss and refill a glass of water.
Bet i can get them out of the crap drawer and put 2 new AA's in my logitech quicker than that.

> If some day you get a battery warning, plug it in when you go to sleep, and you wake up, and you've got 1-2 months.
Or you know, I could just walk over to the crap drawer, take out a couple of AA's and put them in and place the old ones in the recycling bucket.

I'll grant that some might inflate the inconvenience of having the charging port in a spot that makes the mouse unusable while charging but defending it as a gud design choice is just plain stupid.

Attached: 91i4uke1g5jy.jpg (2268x1276, 145K)

>Why do apple charge such insanely high prices for such poorly made and poorly functioning products?
>poorly made = nope
>poorly functioning = nope
>Latest tech = nope
>Just werks = yes
>Enjoyable to use = yes
>Milking consumers = yes

>comparing a "pc" (I assume full size) and a portable computer
>not sharing any specs whatsoever

how she can think this is a fair comparaison

Do you have the original source, or are you making assumptions based on an audioless webm posted on a taiwanese basket weaving forum?

>pull the cable off of your phone and plug it in while you go take a piss you would have taken anyway
>vs. wasting time rifling through a drawer of shit explicitly just for that purpose
>but I did the latter one 15 seconds faster!
This is how desperate you sound.

>insanely high prices
>poorly made
>poorly functioning
My G5 came out of a literal shit heap with barely a scratch on it and still runs great for almost everything I do with all stock parts after 12 years. No idea what you're talking about.
Must suck to be conditioned by the Jews to think you need to upgrade every time your video games drop a few frames.

I don't know, but if I were them I'd use the money earned by cutting corners all these years to start shipping out a better project. Worse margins, maybe even sell at a loss, as a thanks to everyone who bought the products when they were nothing special. I still don't know why Apple hasn't made something thick and repairable with a pointing stick. I wonder if we'll see Apple introduce any new products anytime soon. They seem to be pushing their iPads more than their computers now. Been a while since their watch was introduced.

My only Apple device is a 4th gen iPod Touch that I haven't gotten proper use out of in years, but I try to stay open-minded about them.

You can use an old thinkpad as well if all you do is shitpost with it.
But for video editing, like in the OP, you benefit immensely from a powerful pc.

Video editing was pretty much all this thing ever did, but right, gotta have all those shiny effects for my YouTube followers so they don't lose interest with their short attention spans, and gotta have them as fast as possible. Poor guys might lose their shit.

Yeah, let's pretend the requirements and expectations are exactly the same and everyone is just stupid.
All you need for video editing is an Amiga with a video toaster!

Fuck apple fuck them in the asshole fucking bought an i phone after 6 months the bettery was fucked the screen was glitchy shit phone shit componey overpriced peace of shit

Attached: 1409445943873.gif (500x500, 11K)

Most of the bitching I see around here genuinely is hilarious, though. But I'll concede that G5s are a little limp on HD unless you go balls deep and get a nice one. OP can still suck on a cock with his shitty bait thread no matter what.

>i phone
>bettery
>componey
>peace
you deserved literally anything and everything bad that happened to you

>I wrote a greentext story to show how not invested in winning a pointless argument on an anonymous Trinidadian Glass Etcching imageboard i am

This is how much of a fuckwit you look like.

Attached: 4B7DC85900000578-5651027-Rhynnice_Trelfa_28_and_her_friends_and_family_posed_for_a_pictur-a-25_15245 (962x721, 94K)

because retarded normalfaggots are willing to pay top dollar for trendy garbage and then use that garbage as a status symbol

I am making assumptions cause I can guess pretty easily the conclusion of this rather retarded and common type of youtube video

>t. mactoddler