*blocks your shutdown*

*blocks your shutdown*

Attached: IMG_8774.jpg (640x360, 120K)

And?

Who?

Attached: Windows Update.png (1631x931, 121K)

*starts making grinding noises*

Attached: u_21534979.jpg (1000x887, 83K)

This message appears when you get updates at boot, not when you get them at shutdown.

*encrypts your drives*

Attached: wannacry.png (1024x774, 123K)

How?

Attached: Installed Updates.png (1631x931, 191K)

One of my favorite features of Windows 10 was that when they did this to you and you held the power button it would pussy out and try it on boot

Almost like it could feel my hate

lol no

>Don't turn off your computer
You can't tell me what to do, CIA niggers!
>holds down power button
>installs gentoo

*doesnt start making grinding noises*

Attached: ssd.jpe.jpg (1920x1080, 35K)

>dies
>kills your data in the process

*turns screen off and lets windows update then shut down*

>I don't understand that hard drives do the same thing when they die

>stops your data hoarding

> had no idea you can swap the platters

>it restarts instead
>only find out in the morning

this is particularly annoying when you have to switch to linux on a dual boot machine to test the software you're working on

Use a VM for testing.

>had no idea you can use x-ray to inspect each logic gate and create image of last working state

>This message appears when you get updates at boot, not when you get them at shutdown.
this messafge appears when you get updates at SHUTDOWN AND NEXT BOOT

salty wintoddler can't face reality

Sorry user, but I don't have to wait for "It's save to turn off your computer" to show up.
I just leave when I'm done.

>11PM
>sit down with a cup of tea, just want to watch some shit before going to bed
>novideo decides to live up to their name, K-Lite isn't rendering anything
>check drivers
>latest is installed, but the updater is still telling me there's a new one available
>use DDU to get rid of everything
>reboot
>this is the exact moment when windows decides to update
>wait for 20 minutes
>what do you know, it crashed, and now I can't boot into windows
>fortunately I have a repair disk
>use it, get to my desktop
>by now the time is 12:30 and the tea is long gone
>install the GPU drivers
>video works perfectly
that should have been a 5 minute job, but no

Attached: rageofathousandsuns.jpg (229x343, 13K)

I wanted to put it in my bag so I could get to the meeting, and not have it overheat in there, but Windows says too goddamn bad.

You moron, always let windows install updates first before doing ANYTHING like DDU

*unplugs the power cord*
Nothin personnel kid

I thought some drives were just naturally noisier than others? My laptop HDD has sounded like there's a bunch of sand in it for years now. It's slow as shit though.

Why do these reddit fags and /v/irgins think that Windows memes are Jow Forums related?
Jow Forums is a free and open source technology board, we don't give a fuck about the quirks and annoyances of proprietary systems.
Fuck off.

thing is I didn't realize there were updates to install, because it had just updated the day before

You dont check your notification tray?

>3AM
>pc randomly boots
slightly concerned

this. Take your proprietary shitware and fuck off.

This is why macOS

SSDs die if you don't power em for a year. You could still get stuff off a defective HDD

I don't see that rule anywhere. How about instead you cram your elitism along with your Free(c) 10 year old netbook up your gaping asshole and let the adults post?

Fuck off newfag, you pathetic subhuman shouldn't even have the right to speak to me in such a manner. This is a technology board, proprietary technology is essentially anti-technology. There are enough normie sites for you to hang out on. This place is reserved for people that have transcended themselves through the use of technology, you plebs are like little naïve children making me cringe and stutter. I will command you once again to fuck off (or lurk moar (I can be nice :))

>have a work computer
>don't have windows pro so you cant set up hours for updates
explain yourself

first, while i don't like proprietary software, it still have it's place on /g, especialy windows since it dominate the OS market
second, for work you have to conform yourself to the company standards, wich are most of the time windows

sounds like you'd like reddit you pleb fuck

I mostly hang out on tenforums.com and MSDN with my indian friends, but sometimes i like to come shit in some autistic threads on this anime forum.
Btw us windows fags now have access to WSL which runs basically any distro (ubuntu, debian, suse) we we're even USING open source software. You mad?

How are you so fucking retarded? Like seriously who the fuck has a problem with windows updating. I have never had a problem with it, seriously are you using your computer 24 hours a day or don't know how to set up a time?

>it's a user problem
the absolute state of pajeet shills

They can be, but once a drive's sound changes to a more noisy/grindy sound it's nearing death.

You're not answering the question? Are you so computer illiterate that you don't even understand basic settings?

I too was naive like you, i had windows enterprise setup locked down with good privacy settings, blocked bad domains and autistic group policy settings. Then windows forced an updated to creators (or fall creators) and adds starting appearing on my lock screen. Felt a right ass after making fun of people for complaining about adds on the lock screen. Still use windows but i'm not so dismissive of its issues now that i realize windows targets users differently. Eg a rollout doesnt happen to everyone exactly the same nor at the same time.

Have used windows for years and never had a problem with the updates. I don't understand the complaining, "was in my game and it just updated!". Have never been in any application and had the system just update. I've always updated when I wanted to and at convent times. Is this some meme or what?

>not having backups

It's a meme in the strict sense, but it's not untrue. Not sure why but its updated and shut down without warning once or twice for me. They were major updates, so maybe it only happens for them and not the smaller patches?

As an addendum, i've used windows since 3 and 10 is the first to have this issue for me, and i'm using windows enterprise & pro (2 PCs)

I use a heavily altered windows 10 home, never had any kind of ads or annoying defender issues, I keep everything up to date and shit too.

See I can understand it happening once or twice, the thing that really just blows my mind is the amount I seem to hear about it on here.

absolute state

Probably it's not happening to the same people every day, but it's happened to enough people at really inconvenient times for the meme to propagate. Hasn't happened to me in 6 months but im happy to pile on a hate thread about how stupid it is that it happens at all!

Attached: 9X492cd.jpg (750x917, 64K)

Simplix?

windows updates once a month and takes 5 minutes

sage

>"b-but having to reboot once a month is too much :("

It's clearly an inconvenience for people if microsoft has had to force updates on computers without any way of turning it off to get people to update their computers. Also it's (currentyear+3), why does windows need to reboot for every single update?