/pcbg/ PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and _monitor_ suggestions; click on the blue title to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find a lot more detailed videos on channels like Bitwit)
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
>How to install Win7 on Ryzen
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1
>DO NOT OVERCLOCK ON RYZEN 2000 SERIES
If you are on the new X470 or B450 platforms letting precision boost 2 do its job gets better performance
If you want help:
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs:
>NO Core i7/5/3 7000 series. THEY ARE DEFUNCT AND SUPERSEDED BY COFFEE LAKE
>NO Ryzen 1000 series. THEY ARE DEFUNCT AND SUPERSEDED BY THE Ryzen 2000 SERIES
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming WITH/WITHOUT a graphics card (Low end)
>R5 2600X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPU (Mid range)
>R7 2700X - Best gaming CPU / VM Work / Streaming / Video editing (High end)
>TR 1950X/Used Xeon - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing (HEDT)

RAM:
>Current CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000-3200 MHz is ideal
>Before buying RAM for Ryzen, check your Mobo's QVL or look for user reports

Graphics cards:
>Crypto-Currency miners have driven GPU prices up (particularly Radeon)
1080p
>MSRP of standard 1080p cards: 1050Ti, 140USD; 1060 3GB, $200; 1060 6GB, $230; RX 570 4GB, $170; RX 580 4GB, $200
>GTX 1070 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>GTX 1070/Ti and 1080 are standard choices; currently overpriced
>GTX 1080Ti if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>GTX 1080Ti

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 240GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor

Previous:

Attached: mypc.png (544x968, 1.05M)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.ca/CYBERPOWERPC-GUA3402ACA-Vishera-FX-6300-Desktop/dp/B01M9CFY68/ref=pd_sbs_147_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=JXNH13BH12B5Y9ADC05Q
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/BBpNP3
pcpartpicker.com/list/3XzW3b
pcpartpicker.com/list/DxM68Y
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nice.

amazon.ca/CYBERPOWERPC-GUA3402ACA-Vishera-FX-6300-Desktop/dp/B01M9CFY68/ref=pd_sbs_147_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=JXNH13BH12B5Y9ADC05Q

Can you build this for cheaper?

>FX-6300

Attached: lgbt.png (625x626, 66K)

ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/BBpNP3
much better pc altogether. also stop being a fag and don't spend $100 on an operating system.

How am I supposed to play bideo gaem without an OS?

you literally don't have to activate windows to use it. you only get a watermark on your desktop (you can also use an activator to get rid of it).

you pirate it

>chipset incompatibility without BIOS update
>no cooling
>higher price

But I'd need a computer to pirate it in the first place, which I don't have.

You can get a cheap cd key on sites like kinguin

buy oem keys. literally cheaper

pcpartpicker.com/list/3XzW3b
how'd I do

>i5

Get out of my sight.

either you go full legal or no legal at all. I'd rather pirate it than pay some jew for a stolen key

If you need it to do more than one thing you need something more powerful. Just torrenting or just doing VPN it could handle but not all of those.

To be fair the only two that's me is the laptop and cables and keyboard lights. Others were all gifts from gf since she went to IEM. I don't see a problem with monitor distance, it's useful in fpses.

I've since then built a desktop.

what's wrong with i5

>no cooling
2200g comes with a stock cooler
>higher price
30$ more for 50% better cpu and 40% better gpu hmm

nah, it's technically not illegal at all. it's on a gray area. i'd suggest this for fags who are really poor but wants to feel like they're getting things legit.

Pretty sure it's more illegal for the seller than the customer for those keys.

by pirating it

this. buying keys from resellers just gives money to russian thieves, just pirate it instead.

Then do a bios update are you too dumb to do one?

Nothing hes just mad he fell for amd

can't do a bios update without a compatible cpu

pcpartpicker.com/list/DxM68Y

better and cheaper build that doesn't require a monster air cooler

some mobos support doing bios updates through a usb stick, but if that mobo doesn't then just ask AMD for a boot kit

>tfw you use VariableIncrements because it looks nicer than dickpicker

What?

>he doesn't know

Pcpartpicker and logical increments

He uses the less functional site logicalincrements which is also a pc building website instead of the site pcpartpicker because he is actually retarded and he's probably one of the faggots that complains about Jow Forums "looking bad" as well.

My Sapphire 390X died 2 months ago . Needed to upgrade to 1440p 144hz anyway , should i buy a 1080ti now or wait for the new Nvidia 1180 ?

When a new flagship GPU is released, is there a time window to order directly from nVidia/AMD? Is it possible to do from outside the US?

Attached: image-20150618-23256-1v1sywk.png (926x618, 943K)

About 5 minutes.

No.

What parts in a computer are fashioned through the blood, sweat, and tears of elderly Chinese women?

All of them.

Me on the right

Why Intel CPUs have been removed from OP?

because intel cpus are shit

Pay more for less and support getting fucked for another 15 years on 4-6 cores.

They are a niche user case compared to the available AMD cpu's. Its really more of a cost vs what you get sort of thing. Since the available AMD processors have more cores, are soldered and have good stock coolers, they're far more cost effective than the available intel cpu's even for things like gaming. The intel CPU's are better if you want to get every last bit of FPS that you can but you're going to be paying significantly more for a very small increase in performance.

because Jow Forums is overrun by amd shills. 8400 has better price/perf than 2600

8400 probably does deserve to be in the op as an alternative to the available AMD processors. I forgot about it since when people are talking intel they're usually referring to the 8700k, which is retarded right now.

8700k is still a valid option if budget is not a problem. some people just want the best shit they can get and 8700k @ 5.0ghz is exactly that.

My 1070ti gets here in 5 days

Attached: 1522389986153.gif (400x300, 3.89M)

O'Ryl?

Attached: 1524501808777.png (500x613, 81K)

>cherrypicking
well done

Fine. Don't do your research before making yourself look retarded.

Are there any sites where I can put in a CPU+GPU combo and compare rough performance to other combos in a simple grid, like cpubenchmark.net does for CPUs? I know there will be a lot of details that are important like ram type, amount, SSD, etc but I just want a rough-ish estimate, not 1% level accuracy. Just want to know at what point I should be balancing the CPU/GPU budgets.

Something like pic, but for CPU+GPUs

Attached: 2018-04-29-9pm.png (1167x991, 159K)

wew

Attached: id4RT6M.png (1536x864, 50K)

I'm jelly. How you liking it? I'm having buyers remorse about supporting the Jews.

Attached: DO WHAT YOU WANT CAUSE A PIRATE IS FREE.jpg (500x500, 59K)

Is Windows 10 still free or did MIcrosoft stop giving it away? I plan on running Windows 7 and Windows 10 on my new build.

Buy a key at MMOGA for $15, used it several times.

No answer ?

Me personally wouldn't buy now unless I found some desperate crypto faggot selling cheap.

Tis are going for as low as 650 so buy now

Anybody wanna help a newfag build or buy a prebuilt pc that can edit videos/be able to stream and play most games on ultra/60fps and higher.

>Buget is between $1k to low $2k but if you can go cheaper that would be cool.

>yes I need a case/monitor

Attached: 7D286FF6-E604-4A86-95F0-9DFB38D412E5.jpg (461x400, 128K)

>passmark

Attached: 1470442104158.gif (303x357, 544K)

What is an ideal GPU upgrade for a 3470, 16GB 1333, 7850 1GB? Is the 1060 overkill? Is the 3GB version worth it? (I can save 70 bucks compared to the 6GB version)
I had a 1050Ti a while ago and it was pretty good (had to sell it sadly), and it kind of bugs me to get a more powerful card with less VRAM.

Anybody know how different AC wifi works? i have no idea. i just know that AC is better than regular b/g/n

i bought pic related for 5 usd, is it bad?

Attached: 51IIvhxRWKL.jpg (500x500, 62K)

>6c6t
Irrelevant in 2 years. Also it is better bang for buck only in gaming.
Intel is logical to buy only for very high end rigs with i9 series or i7 8700k.

What would be a good shitposting/programming build if I'm not gayming? Budget is $300 max

Intel wifi is shit, get a tplink archer instead

why do I have to wait until some random dude on youtube reviews a motherboard before I know it has good vrms?

>tfw just ordered the rest of my pc parts
I'm very exited boyz

Attached: cyka.jpg (184x184, 7K)

>see I can get a decent upgrade for my old pc for just around 200$
>find out no mobo supports DDR3 any more
>upgrade is 300$ now

Is building your own PC worth it in 2018?

Memory and gfx seem so expensive, since I last built in 2013.

*pissmark

So I'm building a 8700k rig in the near future. And I am pretty much locked in to everything except the mobo, because it seems with z370, its a matter of what problem can I most easily live with.

So do I go-

>Aorus G7
All around seems very solid, problems being possible under performance at pricepoint (just going on OC3D vid from oct, gonna look into that more) and issue with seating 1080ti--but im going 1080 and even still the plate is removable.

>Hero X
All around great board. Some MCE bullshit in the bios pushing voltages higher than they need to be without some precise tweaks, but manageable.

>TaiChi
All the bells and whistles for OC, 12 phase, etc etc. Board looks like hot ass but thats ok. Big thing is the lack of EMI shielding on the audio\ and users reporting interference when OC and shit. Literally will break the board in half if that happens.

What do pbg what did you go with?

Attached: 1434582485117.jpg (635x475, 24K)

>buy ryzen now, it'll catch up in 2 years
what a retarded logic. it's like bullodozer all over again.

>computerbase denier.

>Some MCE bullshit in the bios pushing voltages higher than they need to be without some precise tweaks, but manageable.

then just turn mce off?

Some Dell OptiPlex

>R5 2600X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPU (Mid range)

what happened to my boy the 8400?

Intel? More like INTO the trash lmao

GAAAAAHHHH.
How can you let this shit happen?

Hey, thinking of buying the Phantek mATX Evolv TG case, but for some fucking reason the default case fans are static pressure fans. Is there any reason why they would do this, when many of their other cases come with their airflow fans?

I mean yes. But you have to do some other shit in the bios. Solely turning it off doesn't stop the voltage issue, but there are workarounds.

Because you get like ~18-21% off Newegg right now if you go and read back on what I said to do.

That makes the bundle $440-$455 and the RX580 8GB effectively under $200. That's the best deal you can get right now. Maybe pay attention to the thread chain instead of telling me I'm wrong.

>Is this why people liquid cool
No. AIOs are not quieter than air coolers over time once the liquid itself heats up. You have fans+pump both making noise. Custom liquid can be quieter since you can get a lot more and thicker radiators and quieter pumps.

You will need a beefier cooler for both.
You'd also probably be better off getting the 2600X and using precision boost overdrive.

I upgraded from a 2500k to a 1600X. The 1600X is 3x faster multithreading than the 2500k, which is basically a 3570k, despite only having 1.5x the cores.

Pretty irrelevant now, just like buying a new 4c/4t cpu became irrelevant in 2015.
8400 is too niche for its price and the fact that you're tied to a dead chipset.

>pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/

2700x if you can afford it

If the back of the case has a honeycomb mesh, is it better for the exhaust fan to be sp or af?

>stream and play most games on ultra/60fps and higher.
Threadripper+1080
620w titanium seasonic psu
2x8gb of fast RAM that's on the QVL for the x399 motherboard you get.
250gb SSD plus a harddrive and use StoreMi. (included with X399)
You're looking at close to $2k.

You can get by with a 2700X but Threadripper 12 or 16 core is better for a 1080p/60fps target.
If you can, wait for TR2 in ~August. But on the other hand, TR1 are on sale right now.

Non fanfaggot CPU list
>R3 2200G - Gaming WITHOUT a graphics card
>G4560/G5400 - non-gaming (light tasks) or bare minimum gaming builds with a dedicated graphics card
>i3 8100 - Budget gaming builds
>R5 2600 / i5 8400 - Great gaming (especially the i5 8400) or multithreaded use CPUs (especially the R5 2600)
>R7 2700 / i7 8700K - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

Attached: perfdollar.png (500x970, 53K)

Last time - is this exhaust restrictive enough that sp fans are better case fans, or is af better?

Yeah, I’m being annoying, but it’s not a very hard question

Attached: 92A55A19-6F02-48E8-850C-A2EFF2F31E30.jpg (625x625, 74K)

Shit OP for a shit thread

Attached: 1524356199923.jpg (680x680, 55K)

>pic is current build

and I am planning to buy

>AMD Ryzen 5 2600
>MB AM4 Gigabyte GA-AB350M-HD3
>Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666 C16 2x8GB

thoughts?

Attached: 23142342342.png (654x442, 34K)

Do not buy that

Cheaper mobo
Cheaper fast RAM, if it exists

Get the locked i5 or an 8700/K if you need more power

Definitely wait. 1180 is coming in June and it's better than the 1080Ti

Retarded OP. I added a better tier list here BF1 benchmark is just wrong. Pic related

Attached: bf1.png (1920x1080, 1.11M)

great argument. how's amd stock btw?

that mainboard won t work with ryzen gen2.
you ll need an ryzen 1gen to boot and update the bios.

I wouldn't get a 300 series board unless it's confirmed to have BIOS update to support precision boost overdrive. Simply booting on Ryzen 2000 is not good enough.
Though that's more a feature for X CPUs anyway. If you're just going to manually OC or just want a low TDP CPU, that build is fine.

1180 is not coming in June.

I would second getting a locked i7-8700 and b360 board over a 8600k. 6c/6t just isn't worth buying just like 4c/4t wasn't except for a great argument. how's amd stock btw?
Compared to the rest of the market, it's doing well.

Is r7 260x tolerable card, if i just play old ass games 2010 and below? I can get it for around 80 euros atm

prepare for amdrones to start shitposting on a mere sign of an intel cpu.
>1180 is coming in June
we don't know that.

I'd say 265 is minimum. 265 is slightly above GTX 1030.

Do pretty much all non-oem motherboards support overclocking? I'm looking for a used LGA 775 board to overclock with.

You are the retard. Posting bunk benches like anandtech won't save you from me, shithead.

There is but it's unreliable. Check the OP pcpartpicker pairings

You can get away with a 1060 but I'd also get a used i7 3770/K. Regarding the 3GB vs 6GB versions of the 1060, either will always be faster than a 1050Ti. And you'll always be able to manage the texture settings, so if you care about textures, get the 6GB. It's more than likely you won't be able to really tell the difference between texture settings until both cards want an upgrade (unless, of course, you're planning on keeping them as long as you kept your 7850)

It'll work. The 5GHz wifi chips (if your router even broadcasts 5GHz) are have higher transfer rates and more channels, so they're great for areas with lots of interference from other networks

>6c6t
>Irrelevant in 2 years
Ah yes, the delusional mind of the AMD faggot
The Coffee i5s will be good (60+FPS) for another 4 years

Something used