Are the only winners from crypto mining craze manufacturers and suppliers?

Are the only winners from crypto mining craze manufacturers and suppliers?
>people buy GPUs and power supplies for mining rigs
>crypto falls, mining difficulty gets harder
>most mining rigs are effectively worthless now

Attached: etherum mining.jpg (2048x1536, 615K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/332617477359
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If they are worthless, where can I buy a Ryzen for 100 bucks?

Newegg

Mining rigs are worthless if you buy RIGHT NOW. However, if you bought them a couple of months ago then you probably already paid for the investment during the high bubble.

>crypto falls, mining difficulty gets harder
That's not how it works. The hardness depends on how quickly blocks are created.

Who mines with a CPU?

Monero miners.

The manufacturers have to deal with an influx of rma's

During the California gold rush, the money made off of selling shovels, dynamite, tents, etc far exceeded the value of the gold mined. Calling cryptocurrency production "mining" should have been a warning.

>effectively worthless

kek.

Seriously, why do people who don't mine think they can say anything?

>Day 53, The Lazer Power Supplies have yet to find out I am Seasonic...

They're the current big winners, yes.

There's been a few stages of crypto profits you need to keep in mind.
The first stage was the early miners, these people generally had/have just a few cards or even one card and the difficulty of the coin was super low but the worth at the time was also basically nothing.
But people who kept even a few of these coins until recently made huge profits at relatively little cost.
The second stage is just a moderate stage. When crypto was becoming popular but still not mainstream, bitcoin was worth a few bucks, more power and time was required to mine but returns could still be calculated in under 100 days. People who mined here and sold recently made very healthy profits.
The stage we are in now is pretty much the gold rush stage. Profit margins are tight, a card is a six to nine month investment assuming prices and difficulty maintain a relative nature. Because the margins are so tight people are trying to just multiply it with more cards, so they're also multiplying their investments.

>tfw second stage
I didn't make huge amounts of money, but I bought an RX480 before they became expensive. It paid for itself easily. Currently sitting on the leftovers waiting for my Zen+ upgrade.

>be me
>started with 3 RX480s mining ETH
>selling when high and buying back when low
>used funds to continue to upgrade rigs
>now running 24 vegas

feels good man

we could call it tulip-farming

Even they may not be winners if they invested too much to expand manufacturing capacity to meet the miner demands.

>Are the only winners from crypto mining craze manufacturers and suppliers?
No. Rational computer users get to laugh their ass off at gaymen cucks buying GPUs at 2x MSRP and cryptominers getting blown the fuck out by China's ASIC mining farms. Drug users buying drugs without having to talk to niggers also win because GPU cucks are processing their transactions. It's beautiful.

very cozy. Bought 2x1080s last may, mined on them for almost a year, then sold them for 2x what I bought them for. /feelsgood/

Right here >>>> ebay.com/itm/332617477359

Wasn't a high end Ryzen? You don't need a super good CPU to GPU mine anyway.

>Are the only winners from crypto mining craze manufacturers and suppliers?
They're not the only ones, but it's the most reliable way to profit from it. Out of the many miners, a handful will do well and maybe a couple will do really well, compared to basically all the manufacturers and suppliers doing pretty well.

It actually reminds me of the gold rush in Australia, where a handful of clever people realised that there was more money in selling food and equipment to miners trying to strike it rich than there was in actually mining.

the winners are GPU manufacturers, digital currency platforms, the electric companies, and people at the forefront of blockchains and nodes. you're basically making other people rich and cucking yourself. you can say you've cashed out, but anybody can just lie. bitcoin is a scam

go invest in something tangible you morons

There's comparisons to gold rushes in many countries in a lot of ways.
It'll probably be a section in my report on why crypto is failing that no one will read.

Ultimately this whole angle is a mere footnote, the more fundamental issue is that outside of providing some obfuscation for illicit online transactions, there is no use case where cryptocurrencies are clearly better than other existing payment systems.

>the winners are GPU manufacturers
do they sell chips for more than before the craze?

when they see the demand they see a reason to make more crap so it's kind of self-explanatory

They're probably producing more chips though (still not enough to fully cover demand).
Also, people often use GPU to refer to the whole card rather than just the processor, so he may have also meant partners like Gigabyte, ASUS, etc who were shipping out a lot more cards.

No, they don't.
They can't just shit out more GPUs arbitrarily.
It's extremely expensive and takes time to build more fabs.
And Nvidia and AMD don't even have their own fabs.

Additionally they're limited by how much DRAM they can get their hands own, which is short in supply for years now.

Your assumption is that they would have otherwise been producing at capacity anyway.

TSMC would obviously try to produce at capacity at all times.

>neckbeards knowing anything of the physical world
If they do go outside it's probably away from their basement and to the kitchen.

not anymore. least efficient.

As ordered at least.
They're not just going to print GPUs that NVidia and AMD aren't asking for because there's space in their production schedule.

They're currently building a huge new fab.
I doubt they're short on orders.

>comparing a sure return vs probability

Kys faggot.

Underrated post

reminder that tulip mania is a myth

It's pretty fair, really.
In the end both sides are trying to make money, one side is just profiting from the other.

So what would be a good way to make money off miners, considering I can't fab GPUs?

Slap some aluminium profiles together and sell them as mining rig frames maybe?

Yeah and if you bought them four years ago you'd be doing hot rails off of Asian hooker tits right now.

>pop a new cooler on
BAM. Only other real expense is postage. I'd happily cop that sort of cost if it meant my product sells out at 150% of its original RRP.