/mpv/ - haasn is back :)

Attached: 1460851476459.png (2560x1600, 1.18M)

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=331394&pid=2730221#pid2730221
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts#user-shaders
github.com/TheAMM/mpv_thumbnail_script
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Libplacebo-MPV-Rendering-Lib
github.com/haasn/libplacebo
wiki.mikejung.biz/MadVR
wiki.jriver.com/index.php/MadVR_Expert_Guide
madvr.com/ssim/windmill.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I found this picture on google but it would be great to have picture with his new avatar and less retarded icons.

Next generation algorithms when?

(:

>forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=331394&pid=2730221#pid2730221
Holly shit, madshi is an android fag...

is it possible to make a keybind /script that centers mpv window on the current screen and sizes it to 100%? (basically fullscreen, but without fullscreen)
tried setting geometry, but it didn't work

also, how does one bind more than one action to a key?

You can use modifiers for keys

VLC 3.0.2 makes this obsolete. Along with every other media player.

Attached: VLC_Icon.svg.png (904x1024, 272K)

How so?

>just werks
Unironically. I don't see why anyone would use anything else now, except for memes I suppose.

I use MPC-HC solely because it has a borderless window.

just put -no-border in your config?

Click 1 = no border
Click 2 = border
Click 3 = border with menu

>Having to edit a config every time you need to do anything.

So does mpv. But people like customizing mpv.
Can vlc make webms on the fly? Show thumbnail previews? Can it use hq scalers from madvr or ravu or fsrcnn? Does it have anything similar to display-resample?
VLC is good enough for most people but it's not a replacement for the more technically inclined.

Does not seem to work. Even when I use the minimal interface it still has a titlebar and like a 1px border. MPC-HC has no borders. I still use VLC for fullscreen when I'm marathoning shit because of playlists, but for floating windows MPC-HC is better.

no-border
keep-open
no-taskbar-progress

last two ain't relevant obviously just posted my config to show you pebcak.

Attached: seemstowork.png (1001x511, 40K)

>when I'm marathoning shit because of playlists
CTRL+7

Attached: MPCHC.png (1520x935, 1.1M)

How do you jump to next video in the folder (not playlist) with MPV?

MPCHC can jump to next file easily by using PgDown, same way it skips to next chapter.

in input conf put
1 no-border
2 border

>having to use configs to make it usable.

shift+2
also download autoload.lua for automatically adding all the files in the folder to the playlist

Huh that is way better. RIP VLC.

You need the autoload script which is honestly ridiculous, it should be built in by now.

more retarted icons*

>implying config files are bad
You probably think they're hard to use don't you?

if you think having the ability to customize your software to fit your needs and preferences is bad, then I don't know what to tell you.

>Can vlc make webms on the fly?
Yes? Not that I have any need for this myself...
>Show thumbnail previews?
This one is a valid point. I really want it in VLC.
>Can it use hq scalers from madvr or ravu or fsrcnn? Does it have anything similar to display-resample?
What are these things, and why would anyone ever need them?

how do I make thumbnail previews work on mpv? thanks

also download autoload.lua for automatically adding all the files in the folder to the playlist
What If I don't want to load every single video in a folder into the playlist? It just slows down the time to load MPV.

A lot of things should be built in imo, like click on video to pause/unpause
always on top while playing video

Stop projecting. mpv is my portable player I use when I'm not home with a bunch of configs I've made to make it somewhat equal to MPC HC. The difference is that MPC HC is truly "JUST WERKS", unlike VLC's "iT jjjstt-t wkrkrs" and mpv's "It* #load script=just work(s)"

>MPC HC is truly "JUST WERKS"
Not it doesn't. MPC-HC's default renderer is garbage.

>A lot of things should be built in imo, like click on video to pause/unpause
>always on top while playing video
I believe you can already do this?

>What are these things, and why would anyone ever need them?
For upscaling videos with lower resolution than your display.
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts#user-shaders

github.com/TheAMM/mpv_thumbnail_script

All userscripts and shaders
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts

>click on video to pause/unpause
This should probably be an option, but off by default.
>VLC's "iT jjjstt-t wkrkrs"
You haven't used 3.0.2. I guarantee it.
Literally every single bug I had personally encountered myself (quite a few!) has been fixed in this version.

>For upscaling videos with lower resolution than your display.
But doesn't literally every player do that already, generally with its built-in, optimized algorithm?

>last stable release
>2017

into the trash

>It just slows down the time to load MPV.
I have 400 videos in a folder and mpv still loads instantly.

No, you're thinking of resizing - not upscaling.

>not using git master
Ffmpeg 4 should finally show up in the more bleeding edge repos though, so there should be a new stable release relatively soon.

Yes but they don't have as good algos. This is what I was talking about. VLC is good enough for most people. For people who understand the tech more and want better will use ravu or fsrcnn or madvr.

I did it half a year ago, because I made a script to make it work like that.
I'm just saying it should be built in.
>but off by default.
Even better.
>You haven't used 3.0.2. I guarantee it.
You're right, but I did try 3.0.1 when they finally fixed the colors, but the audio delay from 1999 is still there when I pause/unpause and seeking still made videos corrupt themselves.
>Literally every single bug I had personally encountered myself (quite a few!) has been fixed in this version.
I haven't bothered with 3.0.2 but I doubt those problems I listed aren't fixed since I didn't see those listed in the changelog of 3.0.2 and 3.0.1

bump

i mean binding multiple actions to one key, not multiple keys to one action

It is he is retarded
>right click to pause/play
>press T for ontop

>so, how does one bind more than one action to a key?
in mpv.conf make a profile and add whatever you want there
and in input.conf use
apply-profile

Same as VLC

>A lot of things should be built in imo, like click on video to pause/unpause
can you give a valid reason why your subjectively inferior preferred settings should be the default? because you can already have this.

>i mean binding multiple actions to one key
like this?
z cycle fullscreen; cycle mute

>implying mpv doesn't just werk

>right click to pause/play
Wrong key
>press T for ontop
>always on top while playing VIDEO
For VIDEO playback only.

I don't know about your second point but changing pause/play is a single line in input.conf
C'mon man... It's probably less than 10 characters

>C'mon man... It's probably less than 10 characters
Probably?
Why isn't there a simple button or menu to click on to do that so you don't have to guess if it's 10 characters or not?

>For VIDEO playback only.
Wait you want it to be on top when playing only an audio file?

thanks

thanks, but I'd rather use the other solution
I have another question regarding profiles, when using profile=profilename in mpv.conf, does it matter if [profilename] is defined above or below? It seems to work fine, but manual says nothing about it.

>t.retard trying to use reddit switcharoo memes here.

>Wrong key
You didn't specify what key you just said click.

>for VIDEO playback only.
What player does this by default?

how do I use autoprofile for disabling certain settings at high resolutions?

Because mpv doesn't have a GUI yet
It's on the to-do list if you're that interested, this thread kicked up a stink about it not long ago
Personally I don't think a GUI is needed for hotkey changes but whatever floats your boat

I have no idea what you're saying here. You can set profiles for certain file extensions and probably always disable/enable on top playback.

You can use cond: to create an automatic high resolution profile
Search for keywords in the archives this has been discussed many times in the past, I just don't remember what the condition is off the top of my head

nevermind, found it
profile-desc=cond:get('width', -math.huge) >= 1920

MPC HC
Doesn't have mod or edit any files to do it.

>having to go over every single format to make sure it knows, thus going to total opposite of "just werks".

Attached: Untitled.png (567x561, 21K)

i would prefer mpv if it had a small seek bar and volume scroller UNDER the video.. sort of like mpc-hc but mpc-hc's ui i think is still too bloated

That's not default lol. You changed a setting. Like you could do in mpv.

What's the difference? Isn't it just the algorithm?
You still need one for "just" resizing, smart or not.

MPC
>Click
>see exactly where to go
>click done
>not a single edited line of code

MPV
>Google how to
>keep googling how to
>find general how to
>wade through config files and code
>find how to
>have to edi...
>have to make config file
>oh wait, it's a script, not a config
>have to google how to script
>have to make script folder
>have to make script
>doesn't work fully
>turns out script was from outdated mpv config/scripts forums
>delete mpv and open MPCHC that just werks

I see what you're saying and I actually agree with some do your points but MPC is far from "just works" status
LAV
xysubfilter
madvr
End user has to go around collecting "parts" to have a complete viewing experience

>gets proven wrong
>throws a fit and has to show his stupidity
Every time

LAV and xysubfilter isn't needed, MadVR is though.
But people that install SVP get those things already set up and installed without having to touch a single thing.

You're right, sorry. I really jumped the gun there. MPC and VLC for example use weak, low quality algorithms for resizing video by default (or by design)
Mpv has many built in which is quite nice, other players can have good algorithms too with the use of madvr.

You do realize vlc and mpc-hc also use config files, right? They're just abstracted away behind a GUI, but it's the same thing in the end, a configuration that is loaded in and applied at runtime.

>gets proven wrong
So mpv comes with mpv.conf and input.conv automatically?
So it comes with a script folder pre-made with lua files already in it?
Please show us where this version you're using came from.

VLC
>don't do anything, the default settings are already tuned properly for 99% of use cases

>implying mpc-hc comes with madvr
>implying madvr is already setup for you
This is just baby duck syndrome since configuration for mpv is different than configuration for the shit you use.

>MPC and VLC for example use weak, low quality algorithms for resizing video by default (or by design)
Is there proof of this? Like a scientific comparison

>Scroll up to raise volume
>it gets distorted
>have to scroll down and try to aim 100%
>miss because it went from 102% down to 97%

I wouldn't say they are weak or low quality like that user. But they are not the best to choose from. There are comparisons out there between different scalers.

Please show us where this version you're using came from.

Because I can link to a MPC source that comes with MadVR pre-installed and configured.
You're just too retarded for the answer and will probably scream like a Linux retard when I link it though.

>Libplacebo: Putting MPV's GPU Video/Image Rendering Into A Library
>phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Libplacebo-MPV-Rendering-Lib

>Libplacebo is an effort to shift the MPlayer2-forked MPV media player's core rendering code into a reusable library. The libplacebo library can allow for cleaning up MPV's APIs in the process as well as providing a standard library for GPU-accelerated video and image processing.

>The focus of libplacebo is to focus on the image/video rendering with OpenGL and Vulkan while being a subset of what's currently offered by MPV's libmpv library. This GPU-accelerated rendering library is also working on a standalone Vulkan image/video renderer.

>It will certainly be interesting to see how libplacebo development goes and how well it ends up getting adopted by other projects, but for now is under heavy development at an alpha stage and is subject to API breakage.

>Those wanting to explore libplacebo can do so via github.com/haasn/libplacebo

Yes, of course - your could run your own tests or simply look up their names
Spline36 and lanczos3 are quite common, simply searching their names will show you literally thousands of forum posts regarding them
I wasn't trying to say that scalers are inherently low quality, I was simply trying to say that the the defaults usually suck

>Because I can link to a MPC source that comes with MadVR pre-installed and configured.
Do it.

Cant wait for this to be fully implemented into VLC. Than it would be half decent.

mpv isn't targeted at wintoddlers

3rd party out of date fan made MPC pack incoming

Still waiting for the reply that was 9 minutes ago Get in line.
@65729406 I didn't talk to you and you still acted your part as a whining linux tard.

Kek. I was expecting him to post something like this.

Are you a fucking moron? No one is claiming that mpv is 100% perfect out of the box. The point is that mpc-hc needs configuration too. Now hurry up and link your outdated codec pack so we can all laugh at you.

>too incompetent to bring a ready made mpv with must have lua scripts, config.conf and input.conf

Everybody is already laughing at you as you have to config your mpv while the rest have already finished watching the movie on MPCHC or even VLCrap.

>too incompetent to bring a ready made mpc-hc with must have upscaling algorithms and color management

Everybody is already laughing at you as you have to config your madVR while the rest have already finished watching the movie on mpv or even VLCrap.

>using mpv
>trying to laugh at others
Ha

Attached: tard.gif (535x660, 421K)

People actually have to config madvr? That's a first.
The pre-configured settings are already optimal for both anime and movies.
The fuck are you smoking?

>The pre-configured settings are already optimal for both anime and movies.
Are you fucking serious? How embarrassing. The defaults for madVR certainly are not optimal for everyone.

Attached: 1359666443736.png (735x869, 504K)

wiki.mikejung.biz/MadVR
wiki.jriver.com/index.php/MadVR_Expert_Guide
+ The massive support thread on Doom9
You're making a fool of yourself

It would also be great if it didn't use a kdefag wallpaper.

> madvr.com/ssim/windmill.jpg
open this image in VLC and in mpv with profile=gpu-hq in mpv.conf

:(

Attached: rebuilding font cache.png (500x300, 11K)

if you have ffmpeg install you can mux it into mkv
ffmpeg -framerate 30 -i windmill.jpg -codec copy windmill.mkv

mpv without config has exactly the same quality as VLC so you can compare it using mpv only

AHAHAHAHAHA

I don't know why, but streams are too unstable when I open them with mpv. They stop every so often and then buffer indefinitely.
The log also gets spammed with [ffmpeg] Invalid return value 0 for stream protocol

youtube-dl is shitty for streams, use streamlink

Don't have to get rid of it.
Always good to have multiple players.

Here's how it looks like in mpc:hc 1.7.13

Attached: image.jpg (5120x3200, 2.72M)