Graphic / drawing tablets?

newfag to digital painting here, what are some brands worth looking at? (more specifically looking for one with a screen)
What should I look out for when buying drawing tablets? What should I seek or avoid?
The highest price I'd like to go for is 500 burgershekels, but I'm not necessarily on a budget and I want to get my money's worth.
any artfag anons here who could guide me in the right direction?

Attached: Huion-8-ExpressKey-USB-Graphic-Pen-Tablet-H610-Black_nologo_600x600.jpg (600x600, 134K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wacom.com/en-cn/products/pen-tablets/one-by-wacom
youtube.com/user/thebradcolbow/videos
ebay.com/p/Wacom-Intuos-3-Graphics-Tablet-W-pen-Ptz-631w/1266863889?iid=312119432146&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=2&asc=44039&meid=ec1b53a4201848ccb24c98e5019aff05&pid=100005&rk=5&rkt=12&sd=273162888345&itm=312119432146&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wacom Intuos pro if you want something reliable and standard that will be supported by everything.
Huion if you want decent chinkshit with so so drivers.

for 500 you can even get a screen tablet

>Wacom drivers
>Reliable
As someone who's been using want since the intuos3, I can tell you that reliable isn't something they are. A widely used standard that insures compatibility, but only when it works.
But still, for $500, get the biggest Wacom tablet you can or like, an XP-Pen display.

Attached: 1523469810372.jpg (541x523, 53K)

Cheapskate here. From when I researched this I got the impression that Wacom is the way to go. I got the cheapest Wacom tablet I could find. Tier list as follows:
Non-wacom tablet < Wacom tablet < Non-Wacom tablet with display < Wacom with display.
Additionally, the bigger pad is always better and worth the money (i.e. Get the intuos in medium, not small - and as an art noob you SHOULD get an intous Draw/Art in medium

wacom.com/en-cn/products/pen-tablets/one-by-wacom

big tablet

How serious are you about doing digital painting? I bought my Wacom tablet back in 2008 (it's a MTE-450A Bamboo) and it's very basic, has four buttons and cost about 100$ Canadian (Like 60$ US?) . I have been using it for casual drawing in MS Paint and making Flash videos. If you are very casual about what you are doing then just get the cheapest wacom you can and get familiar with it. If you are familiar and have good skills then it doesn't matter how great your drawing tablet is, just like with any sport you need to get good with the basic stuff and then you move onto the expensive stuff so it doesn't just sit there and collect dust.

If you are serious about drawing and want one with a screen then I still suggest Wacom (A friend of mine has one, not sure what model though, but it's a medium sized screen). 500$ is a lot of money in my opinion (That's like 800 Canadian lol)

You can get a Cintiq 13HD used through ebay, even a Cintiq Companion is around that price nowadays (not the 2 tho, that's a lil' more expensive),

If you're really interested in saving bucks and you find a good deal with a chinese brand tablet, please try to look up at many revierws as you can, so you'll get a better opinion and you'll judge them and so on.

Anyways wacom is always updating their drivers, still they got problems but they work fine.

I've got a 22HD for work and it does the job super good.

Check this guys reviews
youtube.com/user/thebradcolbow/videos

If you are a painter then something like a huion or xp-pen will be OK for a budget device. Don't look at excessive sizes as a good thing, a 12-16 inch screen is HUGE when you are right up on it.

Next up is what kind of art you do. If you paint, PC with a good graphics card is a must. But if you mostly sketch, cartoon or single layer paint, honestly 2018 iPad is WAY more comfortable and useful. It's oddly one of the better budget tablets, considering what it does and how well it does. Just make sure you have some cloud storage if you go 32gb model.

Huion 1060 pro has everything an intuos has for $300 less. If you are an amateur it's all you need, don't bother spending a shitton on a tablet until you're making money off drawing.

>Huion 1060 pro
It doesn't have angle tilt and rotation control.

That's true, but I still don't think you should be spending anything more than $100 on a tablet if you're not even that good with it.

>Huion 1060 pro

Also the pen have a battery inside, while the wacom intuos pro doesn't.

the 1060 pro only needs charging and i haven't charged mine since i got it 6 months ago

Way before I bought the wacom intuos pro I went with the cheaper brand at the time, aiptek. While it worked until around windows 7. With windows 10 the driver wouldn't install and it wouldn't recognize the pressure sensor.

This time around I decided to get the most expensive. Wacom intuos pro is so much better.

>Huion 1060 pro

Also the Huion 1060 pro doesn't have that circular button that the Wacom intuos pro have.

You can rotate the canvas with it, zoom in zoom out, change the pen size.

>Also the Huion 1060 pro doesn't have that circular button that the Wacom intuos pro have.
>You can rotate the canvas with it, zoom in zoom out, change the pen size.

continuing, that circular button works just like a mouse scroll.

>the 1060 pro only needs charging and i haven't charged mine since i got it 6 months ago
Problem is, battery weights.

Wacom is the only brand you should be looking for.
All tablet drivers are shit, but Wacom's are by far at the top of the shit pile. Just don't ever update the fuckers once you have them working once.

If you can wait till around September you'd be better off getting the note 9

>tfw professional illustrator
>tfw using small Huion tablet for everything because cba to fix constantly breaking Wacom drivers and Cintiq is clunky af and overheats
Funny thread

Can't microsoft just create a standard, and then every tablet would just work by using the standard drivers?

no, there's no battery. the pen is rechargeable, it weighs the same as a wacom pen.

no cause they gotta push their garbage windows ink that breaks drivers instead

Tilt isn't that pig a deal, a lot of artist turn it off after a while because it gets in the way. Rotations not that big a deal

This is true, but it shouldn't be a deal breaker.

Just picked up a Wacom DTZ-2100D/G

What pens are best/compatible for it?

Yeah that would be nice if they had an artistic level of support for pen and touch. The current way requires pulling in packets of data from the tablet then dissecting it with more than a few hacks for specific models.

>Huion 1060 pro

Not wireless.

Does anyone else here use a graphics tablet on their Windows 10 install? I've been having this issue where it's as if every other time I plug this fucking thing in, Windows reinstalls the generic device driver (as if I'm plugging it in for the first time) and my Wacom preferences break. This is gonna be the third time I'm gonna reinstall the Wacom drivers in the maybe three weeks I've been using W10. I remember this happening on my old Windows 7 installation, but normally the generic driver would only be installed if I plugged it into a USB port I hadn't plugged it into before (I believe), and my preferences were still kept. Has anyone else been having similar issues?

I'm running W10 LTSB and this has been happening on my old Bamboo Splash and now my Intuos Draw. I contacted Wacom about a week ago and they still haven't gotten back to me yet. Could it be an issue with Windows itself?

>Could it be an issue with Windows itself?
Na. wacom drivers are just shit.

What you should do is buy the wireless kit and leave the usb dongle on a usb port on the back and never touch on it again.

Guess I'll have to do that then. Fuck.

Waccom unless you want to drop over a thousand. Everything else is shitty.

get a used intuos 3 se
ebay.com/p/Wacom-Intuos-3-Graphics-Tablet-W-pen-Ptz-631w/1266863889?iid=312119432146&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=2&asc=44039&meid=ec1b53a4201848ccb24c98e5019aff05&pid=100005&rk=5&rkt=12&sd=273162888345&itm=312119432146&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

i have huion 1060 new it's pretty gud
however i has trouble working on windows 10
windows 7 seems fine