I bought an Acer Aspire E 15, thinking it was a reliable brand. How bad did I fuck up...

I bought an Acer Aspire E 15, thinking it was a reliable brand. How bad did I fuck up, and how long before it craps out on me?

Attached: woops.jpg (400x300, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Acer-E5-575-33BM-15-6-Inch-Notebook-Generation/dp/B01K1IO3QW
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Take care of it and it'll last a long time
now fuck off

>Acer

you mean the same brand that makes other shit like under the name of Packard Hell?

Acer is literally low-tier, for laptops buy an Asus or Dell.

>Acer
They're basically zombie computers, they never fully die, they just progressively deteriorate.
Hope you never have to do a full teardown on it, because they like using glue and thermal rivets for a lot of stuff

exactly, if you want quality long lasting computer get something from dell

They're not that bad. You can get your money's worth out of them.

>asus
LOL

It is usual shitbox brand, nothing bad or good, besides I've Acer (PackardBell, same shit) laptop that is 6-7 years old yet in mint condition.

this
they are simply the cheapest option, they are by no means bad for the price

They are not apple, they don't use glue. Only plastic rivets on keyboard.

I have the e15 start and it's crap. Only around 3 years before the right arrow key stopped working. Also you're definitely gonna have to install gentoos because w10 bluescreens every few bootups and it's so slow it's unusable.

I have 4 of these Acers E5-575

They are freaking great!

amazon.com/Acer-E5-575-33BM-15-6-Inch-Notebook-Generation/dp/B01K1IO3QW

They are the Motorola of laptops; you're not getting something that looks fancy, but the guts are pretty damn good for the price.

I call them ass pyres, because they're shit

ya should have gone for a lenovo

I have a heavily worn out Aspire from 2010 and the fucker seems to refuse to die outright. The screen is still bright, the HDD is still healthy, the keyboard is actually pretty okay compared to contemporary spongy chiclets, the original battery still gives me half a charge somehow, and I still like its trackpad over any other I've tried.
I honestly don't get how it's even possible, I expected it to last at most two years.

>the fucker seems to refuse to die outright.
This.
They're basically Ghouls, from Fallout, in computer form

Any of their cheapest consumer stuff, like most manufacturers, falls apart really fast.
But everything above that is a decently priced workhorse. I've had Acers that lasted as long as my good thinkpads.

If you want reliable, get the business line of any brand. Otherwise, I hope you get a good model.

Mine works pretty wine just I wish it had a better screen

im typing on an aspire V in 2014. Upgraded RAM to 12gb and SSD over the years and runs very smooth for regular tasks, photoshopping, and simple video editing. Battery barely lasts an hour now, was 3 hours when new, which was expected.

acers are alright, just don't drop/flex them too hard because the plastics are shit.

stuff's cheap though so can't really complain

I've had good look with acer.

I have an Aspire E5-572G that I bought back in 2015. While it is definitely a cheaply built piece of shit, it refuses to die. 3 years of abuse has left me with a couple of collapsed USB ports, and a fucked up Z key. Overall, not bad for Acer build quality.

Got an aspire (2012 model) for my then gf (now wife). She still uses it today. Still running the original install of Windows 7. Never any bsod or any hardware issues. All she uses it for is just internet and e-mail. Used it for college work back in 2012 but think god that's all done with now.

> While it is definitely a cheaply built piece of shit, it refuses to die.
>3 years of abuse has left me with a couple of collapsed USB ports, and a fucked up Z key.
>Overall, not bad for Acer build quality.
This is everyone's experience with Acer, we've all encountered at least one.

They are the most counterintuitively immortal trashpiles I have ever worked on.
Utter, horrible garbage machines, dirt cheap, and kept alive by what I can only surmise are demons.

Attached: 1434399573972.jpg (553x936, 192K)