Normies

Anyone else find these normie "programmers" to be extremely cancerous?

>macbook
>shitty indie background music
>simple scripting language because C / C++ is too hard
>using the word "coding"

it seriously sends my autistic ass into a rage

Attached: bepis.jpg (590x421, 94K)

hey, that's me. Do you want to work on app together?

>implying you do anything useful either
Fuck you

Stick with low level languages, women will just say "OMG hacker language to steal my nudes!" and stay away and the normies will follow.

Do you legitimately have autism?

atleast im learning a useful programming language

probably

Im no macbook user but macbooks have an os made spesifically for their hardware which means everything will be stable cuz they make both. saying its normie owning a macbook is as stupid as saying knowledge of any programing language is a bad thing in any way.
i know this is a troll post but just making sure shit get told. now go smoke some weed and take a few xanx and listen to lilpump useless society faggot

There's nothing normie about php you faggot.

Maybe you should seek a diagnosis instead of pretending, it's a little annoying in my opinion.

>>simple scripting language because C / C++ is too hard
or maybe they aren't the right tools to make a web/phone app which is probably their objective? being socially nonfunctional doesn't make you smarter btw rather the opposite on average

I guess your arbitrary definition of useful doesn't include being able to get a job since that's not relevant for someone on neetbux, the normies you're describing however probably do wanna make some money and aren't just in it for the joy of debugging the undefined behavior in your latest attempt at fizzbuzz

Well, no I dont think of them as cancerous. "Coding" is nothing special, therefore it isn't anything to be angry about. As long as someone is being productive and not wasting away eating ice cream while watching Netflix, all the power to them.

Nah. r9k niggers who take the normie meme too seriously however...

A lot of the smoothness comes from apple being incredibly effective at multi-threading too.

>using the word "coding"
If you equate programming with writing code, you probably aren't a very good programmer. Yes, these people bug me.

they're called brogrammers

php is THE single most normie language next to Java.

>>using the word "coding"
Thank god I'm not the only one, I cringe every time someone uses this word, including myself. It just sounds so gay and pretentious. Which term should I use instead?

>having a macbook is a bad thing
Those things are actually great for programming.

C++ is damn awful though

I think there are a lot of autists who have some sort of self esteem issue where they feel compelled to show how smart they are with their mastery of languages like C/C++.

The thing is that conceptually these languages are quite simplistic these days and fail to incorporate many of the abstractions that make higher level languages more productive.

You can sit there and stroke your dick to the pthreads API but when I build an app that actually scales with Erlang or Go without deadlocks and contention issues in 1/100 the time don't feel too bad.

Also the modern JS tooling makes the C toolchains I have used look like duplo, although this isn't a good thing but an entirely different matter altogether.

>being a redditor or tumblerina so triggered by the word "fag" that you can't even type it out, so "normalfag" becomes "normie"
>calling OTHER shit cancerous
The irony.

>living in a world where C++ is considered a low level language.

Hi, I'm a full stack onions developer and I make pretty web pages that communicate with sql databases. Look how smart I am.

The word "app" triggers me.

"App".

What's wrong with "coding"? I would rather trust someone who uses "coding" than someone who uses "writing code" or "programming" since the latter sounds like the type of person who is going to spend a week writing a perfect C program to do a task that would take two minutes writing a half assed shell script.

"App" is just short for application. Firefox is an app. awk is a utility. Both are programs. "App" is one syllable.

programming if it is something that will be executed
coding if it's something that will be rendered or translated
these are my definitions but "coding" is still retarded to my autistic self, so for those I just say "writing," e.g. "writing the homepage"

> implying C and C++ are well defined and easy.

This is how you spot someone who doesn't understand C or C++.

Writing in either of the languages is easy; knowing the entire language and all of the ins and outs is less so, and arguable impossible for C++.
OP clearly was referring to the former.

Who is Ada lovelace?

good bait

t. never used a shitty mac user

I tend to use "programming" for larger tasks and "scripting" or "writing a script" for smaller ones.
I don't like "coding" for various reasons, the most autistic one being that my scripts should be legible and not a code.

>using the word "coding"
Kill yourself. It has been used since the actual mainframe days in the 50s.

hmm, I kind of like this one. for me, scripting has been if it's for use with another application, i.e. writing scripts that will be ran by program X (e.g. actionscript)

>macbook
name a better unix-based system with great hardware?
tastes
I use Ruby and Swift not because I am stupid, but because I don't program kernels or system so I don't find any use for C
>using the word "coding"
I use the word "coding" - what's wrong with it?
"Code artisan" is a bit cringey, but coding is totally fine. I call myself a coder.

t. HIV-ridden Applelfag

lel

you're a brainlet

let me explain why

1) you think you're learning a "useful programming language," when, in fact, 90% of all programming languages are essentially the same thing, with more or less features. Thus you're a brainlet.

2) You seem to be confusing power and utility, and you don't really understand what either means. Thus you're a brainlet.

3) You don't seem to understand what the point of a scripting language is, and you seem to have picked up a 1990's era (i.e. primitive) understanding of computation. 30 years later, priorities have shifted. You don't seem to be able to grasp that this is the case, and how, thus you're a brainlet.

>tumblerina
That's cute.

Nudes pls

>bla i earn more than you!!!
>Making desktop apps with javascript is definitely using the right tools! Mostly because it's easy and I don't have to actually know how programs work!
>Stop trying to use tools that I don't know how to use! That means you're autistic and unemployed!

Pajeet detected

I'm weaving

But that's just the library fault not the languages fault

dreamweaving?

I think linux was written in dreamweaver. must be legit.

Name one (1) production software you develop that is written in C/C++/Rust/ASM.

my dank arduino ganja watering controller.

>>Mostly because it's easy and I don't have to actually know how programs work!

Kill yourself. Do you actual think companies use Electron because its easy?

Companies you electron because native cross platform development has been a shitshow for 20 years. Why maintain 3 teams for 4-engineers + 1 designer each being paid 100-180k/ea, when you can have 1 team work in electron?

I bet you are still in college or a NEET that hasn't had to deliver functioning code to anyone.

thats a good question

stfu you worthless first year student, you're nothing special

C# > C++/C

Some bored aristocrat slut that became pen pals with Charles Babbage, the guy who actually was doing the real work. Her only real contribution was putting some questions on the table in a letter once

>macbook
fair
as long as I don't have to hear that shit
depends on what you're doing
"There is more Unix-nature in one line of shell script than there is in ten thousand lines of C" and all that jazz
pick the tool for the job, and a lot of tasks will never gain enough performance compared the time wasted in writing it in a faster, lower-level language to justify it
>using the word "coding"
it's a common word with wide acceptance

autism must really fucking suck, hope you can find some way to cope with your medical condition

now that's fucking wrong

kys

I use Dw every single day
I like it
It's good
That app takes so much unwarranted hate it's not funny.
ppl say: "NotePad++"

not with how many pro sites/domains I have to juggle.

This autism blew me away, you sure took some time there buddy.

that they use any tool with which they are productive and do the work, at least they do something more useful than you and they pay them. Anyway, I hope you can heal and cure your autism.

Well i find OP to be quite the AIDS ridden pit of squaller if you find a fancy in knowing.

Attached: 1449871140910.jpg (259x194, 16K)

I got a Macbook at work so I can use Unix terminal since my company needs "it just werks" and only provides mac or windows.

some of what I do is Web Dev.

wanna fite

99% of this thread spewing about "normie" shit don't realized they're the thing they hate, and the true cancer.

Normie spewing is the new newfag. Only "normie" call others or say the word normies"

I've heard so many different views, how do I not be this.
I know HTML+CSS (had to take a class in college), python and I'm planning to learn Java and C++ and possibly Javascript to just add to the web dev type of shit I might want to do.

am I a bad egg Jow Forums?

just do what you do and have a passion for and under no circumstances should you use a place like Jow Forums for any kind of validation.

I take this advice to heart, however I know for all the fucking around that goes on here some people carry some wisdom.
I like programming, but I think I'll just kill myself if I'm stuck working at a job like my last one (a movie theater)

>heh normies
>is a normie

I'm glad there are other people that hate that term.

I just say programming in pretty much every situation. It gets the idea across (even if it isn't entire accurate in every situation) and it doesn't sound pretentious and gay

Javascript > Java > C++

Attached: 1448768017002.jpg (600x600, 32K)

Yeah, but coding has been completely normal fagged and sounds pretentious as hell.

Example:
At the Apple Store they offer "Coding" classes.

It's cringe worthy

Everyone, check out galaxy brain over here

Microsoft shill get out

How much use are you getting out of it?

I used to hate this until I had the revelation that I can just code utter shit in some shit like python or javascript and nobody even gives a fuck. When you figure out you can just lower your standards and suddenly become so powerful, it is a sensational realization.

>atleast im learning a useful programming language
Uni kiddo trying his best to be hired as a codemonkey somewhere in the future thinks he's better than anyone... And he is so insecure that he avoids using "JAVA" in his sentence.

I am an embedded engineer. My job mostly revolves around low level software, kernels, RTOS and firmware level to give a perspective. I'm mostly number crunching (i often work at the signal processing side of the projects), and writing firmware to analyze waveforms.
I share your hate for normie "coders". You see, i work on the firmware, but our device sends over the data to a computer using UART, so every once in a while i have to deal with a .NET monkey who barely knows anything because he's going to write the computer sided software.
These are my observations about normie "coders "

>8/10 times they are web devs, front end or back end (there isn't much difference but learning both is HARD!!)
>9/10 use python or javascript for their purposes
>change their imafgt.js to imacunt.js every week because who knows why
>bad at anything other than their very limited skillset
>don't understand much of the software they use, most just copy paste shit from the internet, basically glue trash together and hope it works
>really bad at general purpose programming
>efficiency is least of their priorities
>it would be higher if they actually understood what they were doing
>almost always act like they know their shit and act like they're knowledgeable
>most haven't ever seen what an HTTP request actually looks like. Most are very ignorant about their own domain
>this mostly includes young early to mid 20ish people

>the 2/10 times when they aren't web devs, they're .NET or C# coders
>make """"""""""enterprise"""""""""" software aka horribly inefficient software just to satisfy test conditions that nobody gives a shit about. Write extremely verbose code, obnoxiously so
>have trouble understanding anything that isn't OOPs or doesn't run on windows
>don't care about efficiency unless their software is eating up 100% of the CPU
>better at problem solving than javascript coders but still extremely shit
>mostly includes early to mid 30s people

A smart dilettante who contributed nothing to computing history. All credit goes to Bool, Turing, and Church

where do you think you are senpai

I'm a normie programmer but I for sure am a substantially better programmer than anyone else in this thread

the quality of talent in this shithole is very low, and y'all describe strawmen that don't represent the average on the talent spectrum

ask me anything

Attached: emmastone_laugh.gif (500x281, 984K)

Mate, you need autism to be good at programming, do you think the "good" programmers are normies who spent their teenage years going to parties and drinking?
No they were at home in their rooms alone, obsessively programming and making stuff because nothing else gave them that high

I have this great idea for an app! All I need is a programmer, a ux and ui designer, testers and your free time. What, you want to be paid? Oh no this will look good on your resume! What will I be doing? I have the idea of course, I'm like a Steve Jobs lmao.

Attached: 2391064_4436741716_ngbbs.jpg (400x353, 25K)

>you need autism to be good at programming

made my day user, god bless

Thank you. my soulm8

OP's asshole is tearing apart from the lack of high level functionality in C/C++.

I hope you get gangraped by a pack of Wakandanese niggers.

Attached: tumblr_olgligMQeQ1v7z79bo1_500.jpg (500x375, 34K)

Certainly, but would your example be less cringe-worthy if they had said "programming" instead?

>still in school
top lel

What have you done, OP? What tangible evidence you have you're better than those "normie" programmers?

>programming with burzum

Attached: 69f.jpg (354x286, 14K)

make / create

no, you're fine user

There are virtually no circumstances where you should take Jow Forums's word as anything more than the ravings of an autistic uni student.

good luck with the javascript, getting started these days needs quite a bit of up-front reading. Build pipelines coming out of all orifices

Not him but I made traffic light model (pedestrian) using arduino so I consider myself pretty hardcore

Sounds ok if you're in uni still. But
>arduino baby
You're not really hardcore by Jow Forums's standards, so not a non normie by definition.

There's nothing wrong with that though. Following Jow Forums standards is a lot about feeling superior, little to do with the actual tech.

I was being sarcastic you moron

I thought you were a young boy like OP, and was trying to give you some praise and support to continue at it, and this is how you thank me.