Jow Forums will defend this

>literally in front of a working computer
>use a 100$ graphing calculator
>for basic arithmetic

Seriously?

Attached: standing in front of a computer but using a calculator for addition.png (851x441, 344K)

graphing calculators are nice when you want to make graphs
also my calculator will solve systems of equations (though I don't think I've ever managed to input a non-trivial system in correctly)

also when the fuck is some little fag going to come in and "disrupt" the calculator business, these pieces of shit have less computational power than a $5 SoC, yet they cost $100

But you can do all of that much easier on a computer.

Attached: matlab_surf.jpg (960x768, 320K)

>have to learn a bunch of arcane syntax
>easier
no

>when the fuck is some little fag going to come in and "disrupt" the calculator business
The calculator business is "disrupted" by every computer that exists. Calculators cost a lot because schools require their students to buy one of a select few pre-approved calculators, so they can charge as much as they want for them and have incentive to never improve them.

>arcane syntax
lol underage b&

Attached: are you serious.png (349x318, 222K)

Here's a retard-proof alternative for you

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-04-29 at 11.25.58 PM.png (837x534, 78K)

>shift+2nd+mode+2
>F2, F5, F1
>scroll down to the thing you want
>F6
>then enter

So much more intuitive on a graphing calculator.

Fuck off you moron, if you think typing plot function calls in Matlab is easier than typing X^2+2x-3 on a calculator after hitting the Plot, then I don't know what to tell you besides that you're wrong.

That's also a fine solution, but generally I hate web applications.

>Fuck off you moron, if you think typing plot function calls in Matlab is easier than typing X^2+2x-3 on a calculator after hitting the Plot, then I don't know what to tell you besides that you're wrong.

>ezplot('x^2+2*x-3')

so hard, so wow

>learn to use some expensive software instead of just using the calculator you use in school
unless you're an engineering major, there is 0 reason to learn matlab

Sounds like you want to be a macOS user

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-04-29 at 11.34.17 PM.png (870x744, 147K)

>HURRR DURR IM A RETARD
fuck off retard

Attached: nillyayes.jpg (200x315, 10K)

>doesn't know how to torrent
>school doesn't give him a free license
>implying $100 calculators aren't expensive

>That's also a fine solution, but generally I hate web applications.
woah. yeah man ok you can keep the calculator.

You need the calculator for taking tests. No math class is going to let you pull up Wolfram Alpha on your laptop during a test.

Having a physical calculator on hand near the PC is much easier if I have to make a couple of quick calculations. Like if I wanna find 10*log(1.3/0.57) I can do it a lot faster in a TI-84 than I can in the Windows calculator (mostly because I have to do 1.3/0.57 before I hit log and then multiply that result by 10 which is stupid, backwards, and unintuitive) MATLAB is even slower because have to boot it and assign variables or some shit. It's a powerful program but entirely overkill for a quick calculation.

You don't need anything more powerful than a $10 scientific calculator.

>MATLAB is even slower because have to boot it and assign variables or some shit
wat?

Wolfram Mathematica rocks

Alright well, whatever maybe I'm wrong about the variables thing though I could have sworn I had issues with it not solving equations because some shit was stored or defined properly. Maybe it was a polynomial though and not a simple equation, don't remember.

Anyway it still took about 50s to boot and that's more than long enough to kill it's usefulness for quick applications. I don't even prefer it for quick 2D graphing, desmos is much simpler and cleaner for that.

The autistic vir/g/in strikes again.
Because your use case must be the same as everyone elses'

the worst part is him using a fuking ti
get a casio or hp, why do people still use ti's?

It's called "deductible expenses"

Computers can do all that easier.
One reason calculators exist is because you can allow students to use them on tests.

Tell me a use case that >1% of people fall into that justifies graphing calculators.

Attached: calculator +.jpg (1738x759, 407K)

solving systems of equations on tests

I think students are probably greater than 1% of the calculator-needing demographic

>>learn to use some expensive software
Use GNU Octave.

Attached: 1502200777883.png (1162x411, 49K)

>even more arcane syntax
I know, programs are like spells, but please.

It's exactly the same syntax as Matlab, it's just free

it has the ezplot function call?

It does indeed

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 12.33.34 AM.png (758x379, 21K)

oh okay, fair enough

I find it a lot faster to type in a calculator than my pc. Also, better to get used to typing in a calculator for uni exams.

Of more than 3 or 4 variables?

Calculators, yes. Graphing calculators, no.

>open sores matlab alternative
I don't even want to try check out the absolute meme it probably is

>for basic arithmetic
>still fucks it up
>he has no idea what graphite is

Attached: gold nuke.png (1136x958, 1.26M)

more easily, not easier. Fucking brainlet piece of shit mixing up adjectives with adverbs. Fucking retard. I'll fuck your mom with my graphing calculator you fucking cunt

R is more widely used than matlab btw

>not doing your math in excel
bizlets

I remember I tried to use 'solve()' on octave and it chocked and told me some weird shit I couldn't understand, kind of dissapointed after that

Are they hiring a teen call girl?

What's wrong with using a pen and paper?

What's wrong with mental math?

Why does this trigger you so much when there are people that spend $60000+ on a new truck, yet the most they've hauled is 2 cartons of onions milk for their wife.

Attached: cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpg (1280x853, 216K)

Because everyone knows only microdicks do that.

That be how I do.

Casio has continuously been improving their calculators

REEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: octave.png (1344x513, 388K)

its actually really good but lacks some functions.

Why does it have a bib? Just to give it more frontal area so it gets even worse gas mileage?

>these pieces of shit have less computational power than a $5 SoC, yet they cost $100
Because you're paying for the brand rather than the calculator itself. Nobody else out there makes calculators like texas instruments so sadly they take full advantage of their monopoly.

Jow Forums made for people like this.