I can't seem to get my hands on 12vdc 60a relays in my country. So my question is:

I can't seem to get my hands on 12vdc 60a relays in my country. So my question is:

My engine diagram shows it pumps through 12v 60a to the engine on the ignition system.

Can I run 2x 30a relays in parallel to get the 60a I need?

Reason for this mod: someone tried to steal my car, and I can't afford a new ignition system. So I'm trying to make one using an Arduino and some switches that I have lying around.

Attached: kxVtFV6.jpg (1242x1410, 121K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/normally-open-12VDC-1H-60A-4-pin-car-relay-auto-relay-automotive-relay/32834630887.html
uk.farnell.com/c/switches-relays/relays/automotive-relays?contact-current=60a
youtube.com/watch?v=9LgMTOFJYfc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

aliexpress.com/item/normally-open-12VDC-1H-60A-4-pin-car-relay-auto-relay-automotive-relay/32834630887.html

I can't exactly wait 2 months for shipping. Gonna need the car by next week unfortunately

What country?

israel

Don't know anything there, have you tried asking at a car shop if they can sell you one?

Why don't you go to a junkyard and ask? If your car is common you can find it and buy the relay you need for a good price.

This.
Breakers and junkyards are always a good place for replacement parts, depending on just what you need anyway. Clutches and electrical you tend to do fairly well on.

South Africa, not israel

My car isn't all that common unfortunately. Also, junk yards around here aren't very common. Smashed cars get auctioned off or sent to scrap metal, and get scrapped pretty quickly.

Paralleling relays sound like a bad idea to me.
They're probably not gonna switch at precisely the same and you double the current you need to trigger the relays.

how many palis did you kill today

>South Africa
Then as much a pain in the arse as it seems to be, international is really your only choice. What you're looking for is really a simple part and most good parts brokers should stock them, the trick will be finding one willing to do international shipping.

Just as an idea I already checked with one UK broker; uk.farnell.com/c/switches-relays/relays/automotive-relays?contact-current=60a

They do infact do international delivery but you gotta phone them first and they can check if they can infact ship to your country.

>you double the current you need to trigger the relays.
That's the point

>They're probably not gonna switch at precisely the same

They will, since the moment one goes the other has 60A pumping through it.

Two 30A in parallel should work, OP.

>That's the point
No it isn't. I'm talking about the current needed to switch the relay - not the current that goes through the relay.

>They will, since the moment one goes the other has 60A pumping through it.
wat

give it back tyrone

Thanks guys.

In the meantime, I'll just stick to hotwiring it until I can get the relays then. Just hope the cops don't catch me up

>Just hope the cops don't catch me up
So long as they're not dicks and the car is infact registered to you then there shouldn't be any problems, most are fairly chill when it comes to getting less common parts. Around here anyway.

Around here they ask for bribes for every little thing possible. They'll definitely ask for a big one with this

well fugg

Just carry a lot of cash with you so you can pay them off until your part arrives

Are sping guns allowed?

>Carry a lot of cash with you around south africa
wew lad why not just go slap a hood nigga in detroit, it'll get you killed about as quickly

Reminder that manual is an arcane art of amerifats.
youtube.com/watch?v=9LgMTOFJYfc

this.

Make sure you get two identical relays. No two relay in existence will switch on in the same time, there will be a difference, even if milliseconds. You can reduce this race condition by using similar relays so your faster relay won't be overloaded for more than a bunch of ms.

>won't be overloaded for more than a bunch of ms.
Isn't that all the relay is gonna be active for?
A spark plug needs only powered a few ms to ignite.

So you'd end up with the faster relay taking most of the current every time.