C# gotchas

I have a C# job interview tomorrow but I only really know Java. Any tips?

Attached: FizzBuzzed.png (1848x2018, 391K)

Other urls found in this thread:

javacamp.org/javavscsharp/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: 1510376841127.jpg (1257x307, 73K)

Attached: 1508563821935.jpg (3024x4032, 1.48M)

Is that even legal?

I don't get it. Why would you apply for some job in which you have no experience?

If it gets to VCAT, they'll laugh the business out of the building.

I made a web application with ASP.NET MVC in university, I'm familiar with a lot of computer science theory in C (not that I'll need it with dotnet), the OOP theory I've learnt in Java applies to C#, intellisense on Visual Studio makes using C# idiot-proof... I just need to know if there are any idiosyncracies with C#/dotnet that I might not know coming from Java.
The phone interview prerequisite for this interview asked me what the GAC was, for instance, and I had to look it up later.

>Rebekah with a k thinks her time is worth that much
Oh sweetie

Dumb first year CS student post

C# is almost the same as Java. OP, just read some C# vs Java comparisons. As long as you have your OOP principles down, you should be fine with questions.

I think the employer in that story was really unreasonable. The guy obviously applied for an UI job, why would he ever need any maths and algorithms?

Normally I would totally agree, but the "maths" in this case is taking the modulo of something and the algorithm is "for each number execute a single if else-if else block".

>thinks counting is maths

Yes, C# has async/await and closures.

>javacamp.org/javavscsharp/
An hour read
old but still applies.
Learn some LINQ, Delegates/Events and interop, pajeet.

>what the GAC was
Oh. You are looking for C# in depth which is more about the language(clr, api ..etc) than another tutorial.

And when was the last time you needed to use a modulo when you were designing a webpage? That's what I thought.

It's not just counting, it requires at least knowledge about the modulo operation, which is not exactly a simple one.

While I agree with the rest - that person should have been able to calculate the remainder otherwise - modulo is a fairly exotic operation.

I use modulo regularly, but you could do it with simple division as well

Fizz buzz is entry level programming. If you can't do that in the selected language, then you have no hope. The dude even gives him an easier task, parsing a string into a time, and he still fucks it up.

>And when was the last time you needed to use a modulo when you were designing a webpage? That's what I thought.
here, imagine tables or lists of stuff with alternating colour, which would unironically a 1000 times better exercise than FizzBuzz.

That said getting every nth element or wrapping values is fairly rare compared to other things. Looking back I use trigonometrics far more often.

Hehe had an interview as for C# role in a fairly large company and absolutly flopped in my mind.
Couldn't tell them what a generic was...
Also said I was the first person to use the debugger to find out that a button had a duplicated event handler.
Still got the job beacause I busted out FizzBuzz in 2 mins I guess.

onions

C# and Java as languages have similar syntax, but C# has a lot of whizbang shit that Java either doesn't have, or has as a shitty checkbox feature. See: Lambdas, generics, Linq.

The runtimes are of course completely different. You aren't going to learn how dotnet works under the hood in a day though, and most pajeets have no clue anyway so don't even bother.

Then you have supporting frameworks. Windows forms is how most LOB applications built for an end user are made. Winforms are deceptively simple, but learning them in depth will again take a long time. Good luck bullshitting if any serious questions are asked.

tl;dr: Java knowledge only barely translates to C# knowledge, and you're basically fucked if anyone figures out what you're doing and asks a pointed question.