Is there even a Linux distro without systemd, commie devs, SJW, Jews?

Is there even a Linux distro without systemd, commie devs, SJW, Jews?

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sourcemage.org/Spell/Book
sourcemage.org/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don't_repeat_yourself
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What's wrong with systemd?

The guy that programs it, but it's not an SJW problem.

Attached: foetering.jpg (864x576, 161K)

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Apple is full of faggot capitalists
Windows is full of pajeets who idk
Linux is full of communists.

>expecting commies not to flock to something inherently anti-capitalist like free software

Stupid dumb fascist scum

antiX/MX

Wrong. You can sell free software at any price without there being any issues from stallman himself

>hurr he doesnt like communism
>HURR FASCIST SCUM

Void Linux.

And it's pretty good.

Why are commies so retarded?

devuan

Linux is a kernel.

Commies = slavs = subhumans

Tell that to poland

Attached: poland.png (500x481, 219K)

Void Linux is an OS.

Void Linux has some degenerate devs.
OP I'd just say install gentoo, unironically.

>Void Linux has some degenerate devs.
Elaborate. [spoiler] it's about April's 1st joke, isn't it?[/spoiler]

They use libressl and runit. They compile software to support Alsa (Firefox), they try hard to provide MUSL versions of everything.
Their PM and xbps-src are great. Ability to PR new packages or patches is very useful.

Honestly, I don't know what his to like. My only problem is strict separation of 32/64 bit software which results in us still not having 64 bit wine.

i'm actually kinda like systemd cause it just works, i don't have autism or install gentoo that i have to compile everything manually

You sound very hateful and mentally deranged.

Report and move on. Nothing to see here.

>Void Linux has some degenerate devs
I'm not gonna stop using an OS because they made an April Fools joke. It's not like the FreeBSD situation where they can ban you from submitting patches or filing a bug report because their police caught you tweeting your opinion about the number of genders

gentoo

If this is your criteria for an operating system I dont think you even know what systemd is. Your answer is install gentoo

Uhm.. did you ever had issues with SysVinit or OpenRC?

gentoo?

Attached: Wolf.jpg (326x273, 19K)

OpenSUSE doesn't have SJW, Jews, Indians, but it has SystemD, that was written by some hijo de puta de Guatemala.

why this Jow Forums shit. use whatever you want. when you can shill your shit you, clearly have to much time. do something usefull. go to a soupkitchen.

Literally Gentoo

debian has a bug going on right now about how systemd HARD CODES google DNS.

you literally coan't use debian without botnet.

void can't do multilib/multiarch?

Attached: templeos_tan_by_for_tran-d9cwxal.png (789x872, 38K)

In addition to the ones already suggested, slackware and zenwalk

Can, but 64 bit wine still relies on some 32bit components.
That's a big no-no for Void.

If you can make 64 bit wine independent of 32 bits, it will be added to the repos.

Wizards assemble !

Advanced users of GNU/Linux, remember to try Source Mage GNU/Linux. True source-based distribution that can heal broken installs.
And (in contrast with Gentoo and Arch) is:

Free from obfuscated and pre-configured code.
Fully committed to GPL, and uses only free software (as in freedom) in their main package.
Even the documentation is licensed as FDL.
Without 3rd party patches, sensible defaults or masked packages.
Doesn't need obfuscated python libraries, only bash.
Uses clean dependencies as they came from upstream developers, which by the same provides instant updates.
Can also use flags.

Do you like Arch Linux's AUR? Do you like Gentoo's portgage? Do you like BSD ports? You haven't seen anything like SMGL's "sorcery".
Making new "spells" to install source code not found in the "grimoire" (repository) is as easy as editing files sourcemage.org/Spell/Book

Come and join
sourcemage.org/

Attached: smgl.png (994x800, 777K)

GNU/Linux distros without systemd:

Alpine Linux ( OpenRC )
Gentoo Linux ( OpenRC )
Artix Linux ( Runit or OpenRC )
Void Linux ( Runit )

Devuan

>Void Linux has some degenerate devs.

Attached: mylittlevoid.png (1920x1080, 75K)

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!

Yes, ALPINE

Parabola OpenRC

eh, this is a left-oriented board, sweetie. You go back to Jow Forums with the rest of the inbreds.

Clover OS

No.
>Gentoo
Time sink
>Void
Very unstable
>Alpine
Compatibility issues because of busybox and musl

Just use Arch.

All of those distros that were mentioned here (Gentoo, Parabola, Void...) and I'd also encourage you to experiment with *BSD\{FreeBSD}. I'm in love with OpenBSD.

just use NetBSD

>>Void
>Very unstable
What? It's one of the most stable distros I've used.
And the only rolling I've seen that you can update once a day or once a year and have no problems. (Unlike Arch)

The meme district of this board fits all for criteria. Install gentoo

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, Systemd/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Systemd plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning Systemd system made useful by the Systemd corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the Systemd system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of Systemd which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the Systemd system, developed by the Systemd Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the Systemd operating system: the whole system is basically Systemd with Linux added, or Systemd/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of Systemd/Linux.

what is the most republican os?

Attached: file.png (1608x905, 1.02M)

That pasta was already posted
Don't Repeat Yourself

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don't_repeat_yourself

It has got to a point where I fondly look back on the days of bronies. Void devs are cool enough.

Christian Ubuntu

Fuck you, free software is communism

Microsoft Windows 98

w8 bing edition

don't speak for the rest of us, faggot

find one instance of GNU in that post

>implying free and open source software isn't left-wing

Attached: 4b2d7cb06955a8c237a1f6b8a8b9fcf74ea7c62da66db4778add1f51dbb0498e.jpg (786x684, 92K)

i can still be a capitalist and an anti-SJW though

anti-authoritarianism is neither left or right wing, but anti-software capitalism and opposition to individual ownership of software is further left than right

You sound like you're sitting on a thousand cocks right now.

>left oriented board
You have to back.

Attached: 1506637213304.png (1154x1244, 945K)

Just because ancaps told you that even though that free software has no restrictions on profits but it's still communist because of memes doesn't mean it's communist or left wing.

Intellectual property doesn't exist. Software cannot be a property as it is no a donut resource. Hiding the source code for a software is just anti ethical, not anti capitalism, because you depriving the user of the freedom of understanding and modifying a product that is now his, not the creators.

>tfw retards take our ironic memeying of RSM as indication that we actually subscribe to his lunacy

Toppest of keks.

Attached: 1496079671333.jpg (592x850, 56K)

How can you own software when it's not a finite resource and intellectual property is artificial?

Wait What? I configured mine to use OpenDNS servers and it does as far as I can tell. Unless you know something I don't???

I'm pretty sure you're mistaking us for /lgbt/, user. With all the trap memes it's understandable and all, but still wrong.

Attached: 6587.jpg (1188x1515, 483K)

Politics has no place in software

G E N T O O
E
N
T
O
O

is there even an OS without that??

Attached: OmegaBrainlet.png (988x704, 66K)

What are you taking about? Systemd is superior German engineering

>why
Because he has mental problems. All totalitarian faggots have some form of mental problems due to shitty upbringing.

Thanks for proving my point.

>something inherently anti-capitalist like free software
What's anti-capitalist about competition and freedom?

Apartheid/GNU/Linux
>voluntary sharing copyable computer files == forcibly stealing finite resources
pinkos are the biggest brainlets

Attached: pepeandmoonman.png (1010x901, 169K)

I like you.

>this is a left-oriented board
This is an anime website, so fuck off and kill yourself commie sòyboy.

Attached: 1525018303765.png (221x237, 108K)

Artix Linux
MX/antiX Linux
Void Linux
PClinuxOS
Devuan
Alpine Linux
Gentoo Linux
Funtoo Linux
CloverOS
Slackware

You should care more about code quality and system security than who's making it. If you want good alternative software and you're on x86-64, you should look into the following:

>OpenBSD
>NetBSD
Great community with lots of software and UNIX-like (it is UNIX, just without certs) base system and plenty of desktop software. If all you need is a desktop or server OS, basic command line utilities, Firefox, office software, and other simple stuff then this is right for you. NetBSD also has pkgsrc which is pretty cool. NetBSD also runs on every architecture but x86-64 has the most programs.

>Void Linux
Pretty good for desktop use with lots of packages. It has ponyfag shit in the repos but it's optional to install and doesn't come with the base system. The package manager is xbps which is pretty nice to use once you learn it. xbps-src lets you build from source. Comes with XFCE, Enlightenment, and other desktops.

>Devuan
This is just a fork of Debian without systemd. It does what it says on the tin and is compatible with 95% of Debian packages. Comes with XFCE.

>Tiny Core
Great for toasters and embedded devices if you don't want to use a BSD. Ships with various window managers and runs from RAM.

>Open Indiana
This is a fork of some older Solaris source code. It's built on top of the illumos kernel. The kernel source is so clean and well written that it hurts to read it at times. It's an excellent OS with very little software. The install is all graphical and it uses the MATE desktop.

>Haiku
It's an open source clone of BeOS and has very little software. It's good hobbyist OS, but extremely insecure. The unique kernel and UI, as well as WiFi out of the box are all great.

>React OS
An open source clone of early Windows NT. It's binary compatible with nearly every win32 program. Right now it's 32-bit only (64-bit port in progress) and runs like shit with no meaningful hardware support. Boots in a VM just fine.

Attached: 1488490999330.jpg (269x328, 98K)

go back to Jow Forums

srs op are you going to create multiple threads a day trying to associate systemd with politics? moot's biggest mistake was resurrecting your board

Technology is political now because retards like Poettering, Rowe, Stallman, and a myriad of others in the free software community make it political. Aside from that, systemd is just shit. It's more than a million lines of unreadable spaghetti code with known vulnerabilities, many of which are trivial to exploit and hard to patch because systemd is a sloppy pile of fecal matter.

But oh no! Don't touch muh sacred Red Hat cow!

Systemd is only the first dead branch of many to be pruned. The Linux kernel is going to be next after the introduction of the Google Fuchsia microkernel. The Linux kernel itself is architecturally flawed. Just like the Gnome shell, Firefox, and all kinds of other inferior shitware that's held up by retards as something great.

Right Wing Dev Squads are coming to fork your code.

Attached: leftist_economic_theory.png (809x595, 32K)

>Right Wing Dev Squads
kek, I like you!

There's literally nothing wrong with exterminating kraut vermin, prove me wrong.

Attached: dresden-bombing.jpg (420x338, 80K)

Slackware. It gives you the kernel, a bunch of basic packages, a desktop environment...and gets the fuck out of your way.

Fuck systemd. With slackware you chmod +x /etc/rc.d/rc.(service_name). It's all bash scripts, and any under /etc/rc.d that are chmod as executable, will be run at system start. To run one manually, just run the shell script with "start" as the only argument. It's caveman simple.

Service didn't start? Things got fucked up? Go look in /var/log/. Read through the service shell script if needed. Cat, chmod, vim, bash...it's all handled using 20 year old core GNU tools, not a fly-by-night service database & mini language designed by an incompetent basedboy with no sense of Unix history and wisdom.

So Jow Forums is changing s o y boy to based boy...cute.

what a fucking fag