Recommend php course

Youtube is gay.

Somehow have difficulties finding proper platform where you listen or read the theory and then there is exercise to apply it.
Edx is a wonderfull platform in this regard, no php course though.

Recommend free php course. In case there is no good free php course recommend paid one.

Also a link to decent php exercises starting from total beginner level would be great.

Attached: download.jpg (269x187, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

libgen.io/
youtube.com/watch?v=DG0C3Tntl1M
codecademy.com/courses/web-beginner-en-StaFQ/0/1?curriculum_id=5124ef4c78d510dd89003eb8
learnbhcs.org
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>hey guys, I want to become a scat artist
>please recommend a decent tutorial about beoming a scat artist

KEK based, got that faggot good

Honestly I have no idea how one should teach PHP.
There aren't really any good PHP tutorials out there. The only good PHP material out there is material aimed at people who are already proficient developers, people who know what they're doing.
All the PHP beginner material was written by retards whose advice is sure to make your code unreadable, slow and full of security holes.

So if you want an honest hint, do what all the good PHP developers did and learn a different language first and then at some point come back to PHP if you still feel you have to. Getting your mind poisoned by the terrible advice beginner PHP materials would give you won't benefit you, not in the long run and not even in the short run.

Best way to learn is by doing. With docker, setting up your own VM is so easy that a child could do it. Just download a project and start messing with it to see what happens.
People here will shit on PHP endlessly, but if you actually use the facilities of the language and endeavor to write good code, there isn't anything really wrong with it. Whatever you do, stay the fuck away from Laravel. You will be tempted as it's pretty much the Konami code for PHP, but all you'll be learning is Laravel and not actually PHP. I interviewed a guy with two years of Laravel experience and he couldn't handle the simplest tasks in vanilla PHP. If you want an MVC for PHP, you should check out Phalcon. It's compiled as an extension, so there is no necessity to import the libraries, they just exist in the namespace, and it doesn't obfuscate a whole bunch of basic functionality like Laravel, Send, and Symfony do. Oh, and Cake is trash.

Symfony is actually fine. The libraries are high quality and do their job quickly and well. Sure, developers who only use the framework and who never bother with how the code actually works underneath are garbage, but that goes for any framework.
I agree about Laravel, though. It's designed to very quickly bootstrap applications that turn out to be unmaintainable in the long run.

I learned the basics of python, "mitx introduction to computer science and computation using python", put about 100-200* hours into it.

*I struggled a lot so hard to define exact hours.

Sir, you should use Codeigniter. It is very fast and very secure.

Pieces of Symfony are good, but I don't care for it as a package.

Gr8 b8 m8

>Pieces of Symfony are good, but I don't care for it as a package.
I can respect that.

PHP is dead. They removed the course from codecademy. Learn JavaScript or Python, newcodefag.

>used by the majority of websites in the current year 2018
>dead
>"learn (((javascript)))"

Go to bed Waleed

>80% of sites where the back end language is known
>dead
Choose one

Wordpressfags . pressed == true

Just get a Pluralsight subscription you jew

Where do you live? I'll teach you to be a PHP god.

read a fucking book
libgen.io/

PHP 7 is actually not that bad. They're actually doing a decent job pulling themselves out of their mess, adding proper object oriented sanity (inb4 >poop: it's had oop-like tendencies for a while, now they're consolidating that side so it's actually usable, you can still write fully procedural code if you like), adding modern, usable libraries and extensions (like PDO). There's still a lot of legacy cruft, and the stdlib is still awful and will remain so, but the old popular opinion that PHP is literally unmaintainable hot garbage that makes zero sense isn't really true anymore.

t. built some hobby stuff in PHP

Addendum: if you really get into it javascript is also horrible and makes many shitty decisions. Pic fucking related. Except is has a more newbie-friendly syntax without all the $ and -> everywhere and people don't usually write authentication and security critical code for it (even now with nodejs they'll usually use a module or rely on external auth like google login), so it never got that kind of reputation in its early life.

For completeness, Go is actually unironically alright, since you usually don't need generics and shit for web applications. Python is dogshit unless you already know and love it and are used to the whole dynamic typing and significant whitespace thing. I've never tried building a website in Ruby, or any truly meme languages like Haskell or Erlang.

Attached: 1517344138521.png (473x328, 20K)

?kys

In my opinion, syntax-wise, JavaScript and PHP are pretty much the same. So switching from one to the other is pretty easy.

A lot of hipsters code in Python.

Ruby is for feminists and social justice warriors.

>2018
>php
why

>setting up your own vm is so easy a child can do it
this is why i hate programming tutorials, incredible assumptions and then assuming your dumb for not knowing how to do it, when the reality is that not everyone has been exposed to this stuff
I have no idea how to do that, I tried to set up a VM for some stuff when i was 17, i couldnt figure out how, eventually lost interest , a decade later and I still don't know.

Javascript lends itself really well to functional one-liners, while PHP had trouble with I think getting indices from function call returns for the longest time (so funcThatReturnsArray()[0] wouldn't work, or something like that). On a more basic level, js favours freedom from boilerplate (even ; are optional - not that that's a good thing) while PHP has no problem making things verbose (array( 'key' => $value ) anyone?).

Of course in the big picture they're both vaguely C-like, Javascript more so with PHP drawing a bit from Perl, so of course the syntax isn't going to be drastically different.

>install docker
>docker pull php-71/latest

Because you want to get shit done?

lmfao why that made me laugh so hard?

OP just learn APL. They have an HTTP library and all, you can make a web api just fine.

Savage

Attached: img_1706512_4107.jpg (500x500, 58K)

>no good free PHP course
Gee, I wonder why. Don't be a nigger and get a book or some cheap Udemy course.

You can still access the removed php codecademy course via google.

>In my opinion, syntax-wise, JavaScript and PHP are pretty much the same. So switching from one to the other is pretty easy.

Agreed. The only thing missing in PHP is accessibility of variables inside anonymous functions.

$x = [1,2,3];
$scale = 7;

$x = array_map($x, function($value) {
return $value * $scale;
});

Won't work because $scale isn't accessible from inside. Bummer.

$x = [1,2,3];
$scale = 7;

$x = array_map($x, function($value) use ($scale) {
return $value * $scale;
});

Just write your own software, that you need, what is wrong with your supervised learning cucks

No shit, Sherlock. You could also use global or static fields or superglobals or whatever, but that's not the point. The point is that it is a very basic Javascript feature which is missing in PHP.

>dilution of scope is a feature

If you use an anonymous function in a class it will have access to instance properties.

Hi OP, i think i have found a good tutorial.
youtube.com/watch?v=DG0C3Tntl1M

let f = 'test';
undefined
let testFunc = () => {}
undefined
testFunc = () => {
f = 'nigger';
}
() => {
f = 'nigger';
}
console.log(f);
test
undefined
testFunc();
undefined
console.log(f);
nigger
undefined

Great "Feature"

PHP is king.

inb4 poo in le loo

back to Jow Forums faggots

m i band?

codecademy.com/courses/web-beginner-en-StaFQ/0/1?curriculum_id=5124ef4c78d510dd89003eb8

"PHP and MySQL Web Development" 5th Edition, Welling & Thomson, pub Addison-Wesley, about $45, comes with CD.

Thing is, people learn PHP from tuts, online short general classes, and videos, but that rarely covers good security. Good security is paramount to learn with PHP. This book has a big section on security, it's up to date, they explain it all out. This is the very best book I have found on it. I have read it nearly cover to cover. Have been buying it since second edition. I shit you not.

Courses just can't hit as much detail as you really need. They get you to looping and classes, and not much more. This way you have the book and the PDF and the sample code) it really works better.
btw: some here knock php, but it is a very useful skill in the market. I'd learn it again.

Attached: php-mysql-web-development.jpg (297x384, 21K)

No reason to use exploiteable Docker.
PHP.net

I recommend learnbhcs.org