uTorrent.exe v2.2.1
>Size: 391 KB
>Date: 2011
>Most stable torrent client

qBittorrent.exe 4.0.4
>Size: 24 MB
>Date: 2018
>Most stalled torrent client

Why hasn't anybody been able to create another stable torrent client that's under a MB and actually does its damn job?

Attached: Screenshot_7.png (412x347, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

threatpost.com/utorrent-users-warned-of-remote-code-execution-vulnerability/130030/
qbittorrent.org
qbforums.shiki.hu/index.php/topic,5703.0/topicseen.html
bugs.chromium.org/p/project-zero/issues/detail?id=1447
xd-torrent.github.io/
127.0.0.1:1488/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

threatpost.com/utorrent-users-warned-of-remote-code-execution-vulnerability/130030/

You try fitting a fuckload of dependencies into your program and have it only be 391KB.
>inb4 just use wangblows' libraries
No because they're garbage, and also why utorrent is garbage. See

Just use Jow Forumstorrent you raging faggot.

So people have the ability to scan for a port then open a window on your torrent client

why would hackers even bother to do this?
go fuck yourself

>Why hasn't anybody been able to create another stable torrent client that's under a MB and actually does its damn job?
keep installing the rat goy

Pts are dropping support for uTorrent
no reason to use it

>why would hackers even bother to do this?
You should really educate yourself on basic security principles.

utorrent 2.2.1 works better than all torrent client, this is an undeniable fact that everybody can notice just by having it installed. everything it can do it does it right.

You don't need a very technical explanation for why a client is better than other. Use transmission or qb and you simply will notice slower startups, slower seeding speeds and random drops in speed, Because these people making and maintaining these programs aren't names Ludvig Strigeus

you should really shut the fuck up if your argument is, a 2011 client is worse than other clients because it's not maintained.

it's fucking embarrassing that a piece of software functions better than a software getting updates in a monthly basis. these devs should be ashamed of themselves.

stop using windows

Repository : community
Name : qbittorrent
Version : 4.0.4-2
Description : An advanced BitTorrent client programmed in C++, based on Qt toolkit and libtorrent-rasterbar.
Architecture : x86_64
URL : qbittorrent.org
Licenses : custom GPL
Groups : None
Provides : None
Depends On : libtorrent-rasterbar qt5-svg hicolor-icon-theme
Optional Deps : python: needed for torrent search tab
Conflicts With : None
Replaces : None
Download Size : 4.77 MiB
Installed Size : 7.67 MiB

make something that works once you connect the usb then.

>go fuck yourself
no u

wat

That's not my argument. My argument is that uTorrent has been proven to be malware for years but faggots like you kept using it and are still using it despite the fact that there's so much stockpiled evidence that the software just isn't safe.

Maybe *you* should shut the fuck up if your argument is misinterpreting my argument.

>he thinks anyone cares about file sizes in the year of our lord 2007+11

Attached: 1520357898587.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

The Minimal Virgin vs The Chad Electron

there's a direct correlation between software filled with code being garbage and software with optimal coding that works like a charm. utorrent is no exception

Maybe because these kids continue importing entire libraries that do 20 things but they just want them for one thing and their programs ends up being 30MB big. This shit happens on android all the time.

evidence... such as? some shit with your incoming ports and someone's ability to print a screen on your browser?

show me one evidence of people getting hacked for using utorrent 2.2.1.

So a 1 line bash script? Can your precious utorrent do this?

Attached: scan-torrents.webm (1212x590, 1.9M)

qbittorrent ships with qt on windows, because windows doesn't come with qt
it's only a few megs on a system that uses qt

Yes, utorrent can run pgorams after a torrent is finished

can your shitty client not download duplicated torrents in the rss because it can't tell when you've already downloaded something? utorrent, from fucking 2011 can do it.

>there's a direct correlation between software filled with code being garbage and software with optimal coding that works like a charm.
Well, it works just fine for me :^)

Yeah it can. It updates the trackers if there's an already existing torrent. Can pootorrent do this?

Attached: file.png (281x25, 3K)

Call me back when qBit can ignore or throttle individual peers so I can fuck with leechers, and no your shitty IP banlist is not practical so don't bother mentioning that.

Disable the WebUI and set discoverable=false in advanced options to close this vulnerability in 2.2.1. And if the torrent client is behind NAT/firewall with properly set up rules, it wasn't a vulnerability to begin with.

can I will the argument by saying it works like shit for me too?

No it can't, if you have 2 releases with the same name it will download them both, read this thread you fool qbforums.shiki.hu/index.php/topic,5703.0/topicseen.html

isn't your pic just protocol encryption

Attached: Screenshot_8.png (489x127, 4K)

Yeah I don't see how that's an issue. The security vulns in your outdated pajeetware are though.

picotorrent, if all you care about is low resource usage.

not a good sign

Attached: Screenshot_10.png (445x195, 10K)

>.exe
kek

>crying over 24MB's
wow what a faggot

utorrent 2.2.1 has not fully implemented BEP-6 and its newer state machine and thus buggy.
>The bug in the classic state machine has to do with what happens when a choke message arrives. As you may recall, at that time any pending requests are assumed to have failed. The problem is that they may not have. If data transfers are happening bidirectionally then it's easy for chokes and requests to be so backlogged behind data that a choke and a later unchoke arrive while a request is still in transit. It's also surprisingly easy to have implementation quirks in choking logic which cause a choke to be sent followed almost instantly by an unchoke. Whatever the cause, the result is that data is sent which isn't expected, and compounding the problem is that the downloading side will generally re-request the exact same data which is already in transit, causing an outright waste of bandwidth. Similar problems plague usage of cancels, because it's hard to guess whether a cancel actually worked. There are tricks for mitigating these problems, but they're hackish, complicated, and unreliable. The new state machine fixes these problems the 'right' way, and results in much cleaner, more reliable code.
all it's proprietary ut_ extensions only work well because there are still others using it.
libtorrent-rasterbar with fully implemented BEP-6 will obv work better than this
>uTorrent implements all messages in the Fast Extension but only half of the semantics of the Allowed Fast part of the Fast Extension. uTorrent requests fast pieces, but it will not offer them.

anyway now with sha-1 being broken, bit torrent v2 with SHA2-256 and merkle trees (BEP-52) is on the horizon. this will obsolete utorrent 2.2.1 for sure and give superior swarms
>File hashes are now globally unique, so it should be possible to scan torrent files to find duplicate files, and even download these duplicate files from multiple swarms.

see

private trackers don't use like 90% of the bit torrent protocol.
technically their .torrent might not even be spec-confirm with all the shit they write in the infodict.

No I mean the picture is fitting for this thread.

>windows XP
>needs only 250MB RAM
>windows 10
>needs 1.5GB RAM
Why is windows shit?

>under 1MB
rTorrent. It's the best performing torrent client.

because we are living in a shit reality now, cretins will tell you that RAM is cheap. Embrace clusterfuck.

rtorrent is pretty bad.
can't do superior uTP but only TCP connections.
only partial IPv6 support. can't announce ipv4 and ipv6 to the tracker.
not that many shitty private trackers can do dual-stack - still using xbtt in 2018.

utorrent is good sir............ pls use it sirs it's wery good program 1000%......

sure I have no problem accepting utorrent is going to be deprecated or it is deprecated, but the new alternatives just don't work if people keep trying them and going back to the old utorrent, there's a clear problem with the new torrent clients. they just don't work as good as this old client people keep going back to

>not using transmission

rtorrent is best

you mean the worst open-source project ever?
>I'm finding it frustrating that the transmission developers are not responding on their private security list, I suggested moving this into the open so that distributions can apply the patch independently. I suspect they won't reply, but let's see.
>I've never had an opensource project take this long to fix a vulnerability before, so I usually don't even mention the 90 day limit if the vulnerability is in an open source project. I would say the average response time is measured in hours rather months if we're talking about open source.
>Because it looks like we might hit the 90 day limit here, which would be the first time in Project Zero history for an open source project, I corrected that and informed them about the limit.
bugs.chromium.org/p/project-zero/issues/detail?id=1447

>not using qbittorrent

Attached: 15442357_1510463672302688_4960964611768032851_n.jpg (600x600, 67K)

agreed.
it's so widespread on seedboxes that private trackers don't dare to ban it even tho rtorrent doesn't respect the private flag fully and leaks ut_metadata.
it's also pretty easy to mis-configure, especially combined with rutorrent, so lots of free root servers to play with.

all in all when it comes to abandonware rtorrent is better than utorrent 2.x, because it's open-source so easier to find the vulnerabilities.

Why not just post the picture?

Attached: this thread.png (528x310, 287K)

>not a big problem for 2.2.1 users

Attached: 1524883953631.png (728x85, 30K)

Reminder:

People only use uTorrent today because their tech savvy nephew showed it to them 8 years ago.

Time to move on grandpa.

It's funny because it's true.

>rtorrent
>btpd
>transmission

When will the freetards make a client even close as good as a 7 year old one that can't be used due to security issues

XDCC:
Irssi: 2MB

>doesn't use tixati
LMOA

>XD
Fuck off.

>.exe

Attached: 1524747838133.gif (320x180, 421K)

Is it open source yet?

>being an ironic weeaboo AND an ironic operating system user
I'm so sorry

Just use BitCommet

>Using out of the box bloatware because you can't install and handle a real OS
I feel bad for your parents, it must be hard raise a retarded son.

Attached: 1524945797756.gif (500x625, 1.78M)

So, couple of days till supposed disclosure. Who else is hyped to see them fail to deliver anything at all aginst 2.2.1?

Please be nice.

transmission

STALLED.com

reminder that:

qBittorrent runs a LOCAL JAVASCRIPT SERVER (probably full of security holes) and if you block that localhost:qBittorrent port it will literally shit its pants and will stay in a while true loop eating 99% of your CPU

its coded by monkeys, thats programming 101 exception handling and they cant get it right

>Why hasn't anybody been able to create another stable torrent client that's under a MB and actually does its damn job?
Because people are lazy, they complain and when someone do something he usually do a very shitty job. Like, "hi Jow Forums i made a new torrent client" and shit is based on libtorrent, so no one cares because it's the same shit. Or monotorrent, and lot of other terrible ideas.
Even when he starts to develop the GUI there is some retard mind-set that says "no one needs a gui because i don't" so he clearly no only do not understand why utorrent was successful but he also thinks he's the shit and everyone is now going to drop rtorrent for his own client. It repeats over and over, with Qt or some other terrible idea. When the simple formula is, from scratch with native gui. Done.

Also, it's actually impressive there's no new libtransmission based client with all those rehash shit

I tried transmission 30 minutes ago

first problem: every time I clicked on a magnet an instance of transmission opened.

second problem: torrent didn't start

dropped.

I have tried switching many times but my user experience with the other has been awful. I want a native windows lightweight client. not a python client or qt client like deluge and transmission or qBittorrent.

I'm genuinelly curious to why good windows devs don't produce a good client for windows. Hell, I'd cream if foobar 2000's dev made a torrent client.

HOMO.COM

Can someone tell me why nobody is talking about deluge? its worked well (mostly, except when it decides not to run unless I break out process explorer) for me for a long time.

Attached: 2000px-Deluge-Logo.svg[1].png (2000x2000, 574K)

Is it good? Am now genuinely interested what is the current best torrent client out today?

last time I used it it ate too much ram

>88.3MB with a hundred or so torrents
Dont be that guy, MBs can be spared.

XD is a great torrent client my dude

xd-torrent.github.io/

LMAO I'll test it, does it have rss support?

i'd add it if people asked for it
i just use flexget, i am in the middle of implementing transmission rpc

flexget is too much of a mess. also I just opened the exe file and it's loading a bunch of stuff, is that normal? another question, does it have a gui?

Attached: Screenshot_11.png (952x395, 52K)

127.0.0.1:1488/

that's just the program harvesting your personal data don't worry about it you're doing a great job

so I have to copy and paste every time I want to download something?

why can't you make a friendly gui?

I don't care much about rss desu I can make a python script with a dictionary to check for stuff.

by the way, your client keeps failing at something

Attached: tttt.png (924x452, 62K)

i need to make a version that has an bundled i2p router so that the UX is easier

it's looking for the i2p router control interface, it assumes one is up

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 8.01.42 PM.png (894x447, 202K)

yeah I don't know what that is, not offense but why are you wasting your time in a torrent client for windows that doesn't fill any gap?

it fills a niche that you're unaware of.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 8.06.54 PM.png (905x457, 208K)

Explain, because it seems to me that you're putting hours of your time on a meme.

1. it's not a torrent client for windows
2. it's an i2p bittorrent daemon written in go
3. i'll never add a gui for it because i am not a ui designer

well fucking dropped then

i didn't expect anything else from people that complain about bittorrent clients on Jow Forums :^)

You should look at what is seeding a distro vs any other torrent.
It's not uTorrent v2.2.1, it's a crappy newer version of it.
Distro torrents are made up of transmission or qbittorrent.
Hmm.

basically abandoned, too.
stuck on python2 and gtk-2.
python isn't exactly known for being an efficient programming language. too high-level.
gtk-2 is an old linux gui framework and it's cross-platform support isn't great.
in the past deluge couldn't even keep up with libtransmission-rasterbar releases.
same problem as other libtransmission-rasterbar consumers like qbittorrent: can't find good default values that work for everyone, so some users are stuck with slow speeds.

guess how I can tell you're talking out of your ass?

Just curious, in the github page, it's written that the traffic is encrypted.
Does the encryption only hides your ip from the peer, or it's also hide the type of package from the ISP?

Ah yes, those libraries sure look garbage to me.
Download was a 43GB Blu-ray that I paused for a minute to play the partial download and see if I wanted to finish it.

Attached: Capture.png (1323x400, 24K)

i don't get why people don't just use deluge, it simply werks.

How about you use a real file transfer program like filezilla you stupid fagets

qbitstalledmeme

FTP is pretty shitty compared to Bittorrent.

maybe you like being part of a botnet, I don't know you really, but dude the program isn't really under 1MB, it's part of a network which is then a part of a network of torrenting peers...
that's my conspiracy anyway!

>Disable the WebUI and set discoverable=false in advanced options to close this vulnerability in 2.2.1
Thanks for this, user.

When a program's UI is more than 70% ads and it periodically downloads junk to your computer without you asking most rational people would kick it out of the house

i can't tell whether you're talking about utorrent or windows

Attached: index.jpg (234x211, 6K)