How does Jow Forums think Fuschia will end up turning out? Are you excited for it?

How does Jow Forums think Fuschia will end up turning out? Are you excited for it?

Attached: fuchsia-open-source-os-by-google.jpg (900x500, 77K)

It’s an operating system made by an advertising company, why would you be excited for it?

It will replace Linux in Android and Chrome OS with nothing changing for the end user. The end.

I think it'll be a technically cool project that Google will bend to its wishes at the first suitable opportunity. I am not excited for it.

I'm not excited about Google finding a new and more complete way to datamine its users, but I won't deny I'm interested.

I'm cautiously interested. It's Jewgle so it'll always be a botnet but the recent developments with chrome OS that let it run Android and possible Linux aplpications means Fuschia could end up being some sort of Linux/Android hybrid on both phones and traditional PCs, which could be a gamechanger. Google's huge market share could lead to fuschia being a well supported OS for lots of industry standard software like the Adobe suite and all sorts else.

True, they are replacing all the GPL stuff they can with the alternatives. Oreo isn't even compiled with gcc anymore.

Jow Forums is all about brand/corporate loyalty, critical judgment of business practices is secondary, didn't u know?

It's open source, user! You can debotnet it!

it won't run linux applications
with android it's possible to run almost the whole linux userland, with this new development that option will disappear

but its not gpl

>it won't run linux applications
Isn't it using ELF binaries? All it needs is to support linux syscalls, either natively or through a compatibility layer.

Theoretically everything is possible, but are they gonna do it? Doubtful. They don't even aim for POSIX compatibility.

Better than an OS made by a literal communist

non trivial kernel programming needed (likely to never happen, the only reason microsoft did it is that they already had a large part of posix built into the nt kernel), and you would still lack the kernel interfaces exposed as files, and support for kernel modules (which allows you to support nfs, smb, fuse, and various other filesystems)

>did it is that they already had a large part of posix built into the nt kernel
Not true LOL
They did it to support android apps on windows phone.

>Not true LOL
Yes it is. Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

true but maybe they wouldn't have done it if NT was hugely incompatible with unix to begin with

I doubt it'll let you install any Linux application you want, but Google literally forked a GTK material design theme a couple days ago for use in Chrome OS. If Fuschia is aiming for desktop use it makes sense to allow developers to submit GTK applications for things like Audacity, VLC, Krita and a whole host else to the Play Store in order to gain traction. Sort of like what M$ is trying to do with Centennial apps in the Windows Store.

I'd imagine it'd be like Chrome OS v2. Pretty stock standard. it won't be able to run games and will be mainstream i.e. no unix terminal. It will replace all chromebooks for mass market School and University PC's.

Hopefully it challenges Microsoft with windows to then turn it into a freemium service, you pay for enterprise grade security and networking capabilities. Then it will become battle for the free OS's for the home computer market.
1. If you game - get windows
2. If you're kid or an arts major get Fuchsia
3. If you're rich and need to show off about it - get Apple
4. If you're unemployed but want street cred on Jow Forums you get linux

>How does Jow Forums think Fuschia will end up turning out?
Who knows. Depends on shilling.
>Are you excited for it?
No, I prefer existing Linux kernel with GNU core utils, running Xorg, running KDE. running absolutely proprietary Google Chrome

>3. If you're rich and need to show off about it - get Apple
Not rich, since Apple is for poorfags, but for gays.

>If you're kid or an arts major get Fuchsia
until you need to do video editing for a school project, then you're fucked
the only reason to run one of those is performance for dollar

>botnet integrated (TM)
a close second for the name of the operating system currently known as Fuschia(TM)

>it won't be able to run games
Hardware determines games bro

I don't know why I should even care about this meme OS with literally less relevancy than MShit Winblows. But anything that will be dead in 3 years and google spend money on is good.

Linus last time I checked wasn't a communist

>1. If you game - get windows
yeah but i think the OS is targeted to chromebook phablet market. It's too mass market to have something like DX12 equivalent.

They're target market will be for school computers, trade schools, low-mid level community colleges, libraries that sorta thing.

If you're forking out 2-3K for a gaming PC most people will have windows which will have drivers and support for the every perumation and combination of hardware and again some DX12+ support for gfx acceleration. Again this is where Windows will dominate as there's no need for Direct X or high end gamings needs for for for say your niece, iToddler or granma.

sorry for the autistic typing, i'm on mobile and driving

No we are not stop shilling
They need to replace the awful java runtime an leave the linux kernel alone..

at least the communist wont send you to a gulag

Fuschia Fucks-Ya

It'll be exactly what Microsoft wanted with Windows + Windows Phone, but now it'll actually work.

>Linus
>communist
I bet he despise these people

linux

google is botnet

It really isn’t

A microkernel will probably be better for low power devices

I can't figure out who the audience is. Devs and people who game is probably going to use linux / windows. Babbies are probably going to use ios on ipads or whatever. Android for phones, chrome OS was dead on arrival.

Who is this for tho

Looks like it'll replace Android and ChromeOS

Google not invented here fags that who this is for..
No one needs this crap thing

Feels useless to me honestly.

>going to replace Android
>feels useless
come on

Attached: 1519670432568.jpg (251x242, 14K)

Android is working, people are using it and it's one of the biggest OS' out there. Why would you burn and rebuild something that works?

That's a shit ton of labor.

Android is slow, unreliable and runs on Java. Of course it's usable, but it can be better.

Java is the problem not the kernel

That's true. Google just have a history of making stuff that seems somewhat usable and then ditching it after a few months.

Also, they should switch language then.

I am really excited.

>nothing changing for the end user
I disagree. I think we're about to see Android performance really take off. I believe that Google is going to leverage Fuchsia's architecture to integrate all of the scheduling and memory management of Android to optimize Go. I think the recent rebranding of Go is a demonstration of Google committing itself to this future. Go is the future of Android.

Most of this stuff can be written as userspace programs. Google wants Fuchsia to run the datacenter. If you think they aren't going to commit resources to ensure backwards compatibility, you're a moron user.

>who the audience is
Google is facing several big maintenance problems:
* They're maintaining android
* They're maintaining Linux distributions
* They're building literally the largest distributed systems that we've ever seen

I think that Google has learned that maintaining these different Linux variants is extremely expensive, and not having tighter OS integration with Borg/K8's has been painful.

Fuchsia solves literally all of these problems.

Android is the problem, not the kernel. But I think this user is right They'll be using Dart (their own language) for apps.

I think Fuchsia will just be a major upgrade of Android, it probably was the end goal of Treble all along

>Why would you burn and rebuild something that works?
For making a ton of Java Pajeets unemployed

And this is a good thing

Android is the fastest OS out there, the only thing that they could fix is power management - currently CPU frequency is managed by 4 competing non-cooperating mechanisms.

FUCHSIA == FUCKCIA, nice try Niggers.

ps: duckduckgo.com

>Android is the fastest OS out there
This isn't true. iOS is a much faster OS. Even people who are massive android fans know this. The only way Android devices can compete is when they use benchmarks with heavy usage of carefully optimized C++ and have literally 1.5x the memory of iOS counterparts. The fact that Google felt the need to introduce Android Go is a testament to the fact that devices can't keep up with the performance demands of Android.

Its open source, could have an interesting spin off fork like Lineage that strips out the bad and adds some power features.
But I don't doubt that Fuchsia will be "open source" but ship with some highly questionable signed binaries.

Linus is not a communist, and gentoo is worked on by many people of varying backgrounds!

iOS could survive all that time running on 1/2GB shitboxes without having problems like apps killing itself all the time and slow app startup. I don't think Android is near optimized, the difference is now we got the hardware to make it run smooth.

>open source
Literally a meme word nowdays. Like fresh or green.

Thats exactly why I followed up with the second sentence user.

It's a multiserver system based on a 3rd-gen microkernel. And it'll get mass adoption as it'll replace Linux where Google uses it today (servers, android, chromeos).
So we'll finally see how such a design does in the real world as a general purpose OS, rather than some embedded niche use few people are even aware of.
This, to me, is the most interesting about fuchsia.

Ah, but this is also deceiving.

If you need to have 4Gb of memory to accomplish what I can do with 2Gb, then you are:
* using more power
* using more phone space
I can use that additional space and power to have, say, have an onboard chip specially designed to run machine learning models. If Apple hadn't mismanaged Siri into the ground, Android would be in a world of hurt. Now, Apple has woken up to the fact that they've been surpassed in the AI area (and functionality, but with iOS 11 a lot of big concerns have been addressed), and Google has realized Android performance is a serious weakness. Now, we consumers get some nice competition in the mobile space. Very exciting.

Not true since, like, ios7. It's sluggish as fuck. True, Java is using more memory, but it's by no means slow. And you can write apps in C++ anyway.
If you call struggling to keep multiple browser tabs in memory "fine", sure. And it got even worse in ios11.

see:
>And you can write apps in C++ anyway
Yes, but suddenly it became much more challenging for me to purchase cheaper labor because finding good C++ devs is harder than finding good Java/Swift devs.

Every benchmark that I've seen has iOS devices beating Android devices with roughly the same CPU specs, until you start getting crazy setups with like 6Gb of RAM.

Again, if Android wasn't having performance problems, then why did Google create a stripped down version? For fun?

So fags can give +1 year support with the same vulnerabilities, because the drivers still not opened and Google too retarded for hardware.
At this point Fuchsia is a burning garbage, but good luck replacing Linux in android. It's too much work for the kernel devs to fix the spaghetti code of random phone makers anyway.

Nigga, my iPhone 5s can hold like 6-8 apps in memory for a long time while my Moto G3 will start killing shit with 2-4 on background, even with a multitasking optimized minfree. Both have 1GB of RAM, but the 5s performs like a 2GB+ Android phone.

>And you can write apps in C++ anyway.
And you are still relying on JNI.

>maintaining these different Linux variants is extremely expensive
Literally outsourced to Linus and his folks. Only the datacenter part make any sane upstream patches as Google gave up the kernel development due the lack of manpower.

God, G**le sure didn't go cheap with shills this time.

There are no "roughly same CPU specs" Android phones now - Apple has better SOCs, end of story. Yet iOS is about as fast as it was in 2010, while Android kept getting faster and faster.
I could get ALL my apps running on 3GB of RAM. It entirely depends on how your LMK is set up.

Sometimes the most retarded posts got the most replies.

>It entirely depends on how your LMK is set up.
Well, there's also a soft limit of 20 apps on modern Oneplus phones so you end up never utilizing more than 3GB of RAM. But you can change that in build.prop

People who say Android is slow have never used AOSP. That's a fact.

Then tell me how can I keep more shit on memory, because this is clearly not enough

Attached: Screenshot_20180430-150416.png (720x1280, 57K)

You are losing a bunch of features by using AOSP, of course it'll be faster.

That should be more than enough. Maybe your manufacturer fucked up somewhere, like . Nowadays I don't even hit THESE limits.

Attached: Screenshot_20180430-210801.png (1080x1920, 97K)

they should use the reactos nt kernel

I'm using LineageOS tho, on stock shit is even worse. 1GB is simply not enough for multitasking on Android since the OS itself uses 500MB+ on boot.

No crucial features are lost. And roms like aospe or rr are just as fast while being unmatched in features by any stock rom.

Maybe so. I forgot how it's like to use such a phone, 2GB is the standard since 2014.

The fact you have to remove basically everything from Android to say it's fast already proves how bad optimized the whole thing is. Fuchsia is more than welcome.

AOSP is the way Android is meant to be.

Sure it is senpai

Smartphone manufacturers will love it. The permissive license will let them implement private and proprietary extensions for their own phones without any legal trouble/any possibility for a GPL violation lawsuit.
A grand total of 0 (zero) mainstream brand devices will work with the plain public version of the kernel. The tryhard custom Pajeet kernels will be comedy gold laughing stock.

>The fact you have to remove basically everything from Android
Like I said, you have never used AOSP.

AOSP is nothing but a empty shell that you must fill to call it usable. It's like Linux and GNU.

have a (You)

But I did, and the fact it is incompatible with at least 80% of "android apps" makes it almost unusable for anything that is trying to use a smartphone as a smartphone.

>inb4 you can hack opengapps and.. and..
Opengapps is a broken mess that doesn't fully supports Google Framework.

If they don't copy QNX memory modell, then they will be fucked and become much slower than any android. Also due the crashes they can name it after Nascar drivers.

AOSP is pretty much LOS without pre-installed garbage apps. And people don't complain about the lack of features in LOS.

Thanks. Enjoy your manchildren toy.

3/10 budget troll

>But I did, and the fact it is incompatible with at least 80% of "android apps"
Confirmed for never using AOSP.

You should thank google being a complete butthurt, meanwhile random shitty phone can run gapps that will never see any updates and give android a bad name.

Good for wardriving, so thanks. The pics of your mom and Jamal gave me a boner.

>And people don't complain about the lack of features in LOS.
Because LOS already comes with what is needed to use a phone, and like I said, AOSP is an empty shell that needs to be filled. By the way, most LOS users are using opengapps

I like the idea of having one OS for my desktop, phone, and streaming dick. But I don't want to use one developed by Google.

>most LOS users are using opengapps
That you called useless crap for whatever reason.

>Because LOS already comes with what is needed to use a phone, and like I said, AOSP is an empty shell that needs to be filled.
They have the same features, yet one of them is empty shell?

>Opengapps
MicroG, I mean.

Basically every app rely on gapps.

And that's what they must fix with Fuchsia. I'm not defending Google/manufactures bullshit behavior.

Interested in seeing how a modern design of micro kernel holds up performance wise