Revolution nanotechnology written in C using Sublime text

>revolution nanotechnology written in C using Sublime text

Attached: otherlife.png (1153x473, 468K)

>written in C
Why would nanotechnology not be written in C? That's about all C is good for.

>using sublime text
How do you know it was written in sublime text just because they are currently viewing the file in sublime text, you utter retard?

saged

thats GLSL shader you retard

i wish the reflection were less in yo face

When I was at Microsoft I knew guys who used Notepad to program. I also knew guys who used Notepad++, and guys who used Visual Studio. They all worked on the same codebase, and it was quality work. Results > bitching about preferences.

Is this a girl (male)?

Attached: 3463894.png (515x309, 105K)

> Notepad
Wut, this can't be true

Sage is not a downvote.

Attached: soystein family.jpg (1296x968, 369K)

Looks like something from a path/ray tracer

>They all worked on the same codebase, and it was quality work
No, it wasn't. Don't even try to pretend people at Microsoft aren't retarded. If anything you've given us an insight as to why nothing makes sense anymore.

That's GLSL.

Notepad? Really? Did anyone use Linux?

At least most Linux distros have gedit as their default text editor which has highlighting, line numbers and a heap of neat features.

It is. The default editor in our department's dev tools was Notepad and a lot of people used it most of the time. I don't know how, but they did.

I haven't worked there since 2013 so I'm unsure of what is going on there now. The head of Windows "stepped down" right after Windows 8 was released and I left around then. But they are not retarded, and it shows when you compare products like Word or Excel to LibreOffice or Google Docs/Sheets. I don't care much about Powerpoint but Google's equivalent is absolute dogshit.

Some people used Linux, particularly in Azure, internally. Micorsoft was not especially dogmatic. I used Notepad++ exclusively. I tried to get vim set up but it didn't play nicely with some things that I've long since forgotten. There was even an "emacs user club" email group or something similar.

>it shows when you compare products like Word or Excel to LibreOffice
Yeah it shows that MS Office is a steaming pile of shit, compare a .docx file vs a .odt file. It's absolute garbage. Atleast the interface is pretty.

The interface, features, and the performance are all that matters. I use Linux on my desktop, even though the code in the OpenBSD kernel is "cleaner." Politics are irrelevant in my technical choices.

You developed C in Notepad++? Didn't you find it hard without an IDE? How did you compile? Just curious.

What was your job at Microsoft if you don't mind disclosing? How did you get and what's your degree?

>Sublime text
5 min in my .vimrc, and i can make my vi looks exactly like that.

The fileformat is hella important especially for users like me who want to extract text from these files programmatically.

based

At Microsoft I developed both C and C++ in Notepad++. I used a build command that was internal to our team to build it, but it was basically similar to running Make in a Linux environment.
I touched C# more rarely, and I remember sometimes using Notepad++ and sometimes Visual Studio, may have built that code in VS. Can't really remember

duh
try
>sage

I was a dev for an internal build tool MS used. My degree was in Computer Science. It was my first full time job out of college after having interned at various companies my freshman, sophomore, and junior years. They reached out to me when another person they interviewed listed me as a good potential candidate, but outside of that the acceptance is entirely based on the interview since MS is a big bureaucratic organization and my friend hadn't started and thus had no connections (didn't even go into the same area). I interviewed the beginning of my senior year, they gave me a phone screen or two, then they flew me to Seattle and it was a seven-ish hour series of technical interviews. I could tell by the end that I was going to receive an offer.

What school did you go to (if again you don't mind disclosing)? I am just asking because I am a computer science student also looking to get a job at Microsoft.

I considering transferring from my school that is ranked ~250 to a school that is ranked around ~70. What are things I can do to boost my chances of getting into Microsoft? Should I consider a Masters.

My school is currently ranked around 60 and has strong STEM programs of all sorts. Would rather not disclose but any difference between it and other comparable STEM schools is probably not too different from how it's changed itself in the last seven years.
A masters degree is not necessary for a CS job, but if you get a masters degree at a "better" school than your undergrad, that would be helpful for your career. Internships are the most important thing for you to pursue in my opinion.

>Microsoft
>it was quality work
You're full of shit.

Who said it was?

>void main
>return tx

Is this code just gibberish made to impress normies or am I missing something?

Make.

Its a very recent development that the IDE includes some way to compile the program.

>nanotechnology
>C
Seems about right, embedded systems and low level programming is where its at

*creepy*

>void main( void, __EXIT_CDN)
wut