Best markdown editor for windows

Hey Jow Forums what is your favorite free markdown editor on windows? I also need to export pdfs

markdown-pad seems to be the best but the free version doesn't export pdfs

I've been using Atom with some packages. It works well but the generated pdfs are awful, also managing the preview tabs manually is annoying

Attached: markdown_vorschau.jpg (620x347, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pTCROLZLhDM
marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=goessner.mdmath)
wereturtle.github.io/ghostwriter/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Vim

Vim with vim-markdown
Pandoc to convert, I can post an example in a bit

neovim-qt

Generate PDFs with pandoc. You'll need to install MikTeX too.

Typora, it is the closed source meme I use.

I use CuteMarkEd myself, or reText portable edition sometime, Windows is shit for markdown

>markdown
>not LaTeX
Please stop doing this.

>windows
Use word or, even better, upgrade you operating system to something like debian
>not converting markdown go LaTeX for simple documents

>not just writing everything in LaTeX

I used Typora for a while and it worked pretty well.

These days I use visual studio code.

youtube.com/watch?v=pTCROLZLhDM

as a followup: Typora supports more out of the box, but VS Code has extensions that can fill in most of the gaps you might encounter (e.g. marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=goessner.mdmath)

Attached: mdmath.gif (1115x564, 1.12M)

>writing everything in a turing complete and thus shitty to convert, non-standardized, targeted towards print publications meme dsl with shitty syntax and an abysmal ecosystem made by some academic fag which was made more than three decades ago and isn't even state of the arts in pure print publishing

Atom

Right, so don't do that. Just use LaTeX instead.

atom + markdown real-time preview addon + markdown to pdf addon

Thats what ive been doing. It's objectively inferior to vscode with the markdown-pdf extension

I would go with this, but the exported pdf has a weird style

Latex is just what I described.

But it's not, though.

There is this foss minimalist program called ghostwriter:

wereturtle.github.io/ghostwriter/

>markdown editor
>an editor designed specifically for markdown
>markdown is designed to be readable and writable as plain text

???

---
posted from xlinks2 on i3

Where do I start on this? Sick of using M$ word. I've spent some time searching but I don't want to install a "LaTeX editor". I just want a program that can convert a .txt that I write in notepad++ into a pdf or something, then I can start learning how to actually use the language.

on windows, you want miktex.
don't bother with any specific editors, you're correct there. write .tex files (plain text + LaTeX markup, think html or markdown, but for LaTeX). miktex will install several command line programs, including pdflatex. run pdflatex with a .tex file as the argument, and it will generate a pdf (or more likely, some nearly incomprehensible error messages that you'll spend the next 2 hours googling)

alternatively, install pandoc, write markdown, html, or any one of dozens of markup languages, and download some LaTeX templates for pandoc

Thanks man, I'll check it out.