Which programming language do nu-males use?

Which programming language do nu-males use?

Attached: developers.png (1200x574, 106K)

Javascript
Python
Rust

Clojure
Scala
Rust

what do people develop in ruby?
inb4 rubycoin

rails

whats wrong with clojure?
you really think numales use lisp?

But also, its better to say the languages they learn in their college classes as they will never venture out of that, so:

Python/Ruby
Java
Javascript

Haskell

I said clojure, not lisp

>brainlet35917.jpeg

Go

C

I'm too intelligent for programming

>Clojure
>Scala
Casual nu-males can't into functional programming.

That's why they choose those two

Numales:
Swift, Javascript, Python, Rust, Ruby, Java

Pajeets:
Java, C#, PHP

Gulag
Golang, Python

Based and Redpilled
C

Gayme Dev
C++ (for Unreal Engine)
C# (Unity is for Faggots)

Functional meme:
Haskell, (((Clojure))), Scala

Attached: numale.js.png (600x378, 17K)

C++ is sometimes too much voodoo but it's not truth it's used only for gayming development in Unreal Engine. UE faggots use blueprint anyway and you can use combo DX/Vulkan with C++ for other things than games.

fpbp

Python. Every python dev i've met is some combination of:
bugman, jew, faggot, obese, left, poo-in-loo, or woman

yes, i've met bugmen jewish obese leftoid faggot women before

> Based and Redpilled

Unemployed.

LEL

The trick is to have a boring job in a meme language, and practice C at home.

its pretty much true. even the JS faggots are easier to get along with than the python retards

Javascript
Ruby

the languages I don't use

Numales: Ruby, Rust, Javascript

Wankers: Haskell, Rust, Scala, Common Lisp, modern C++

Pajeets: Java, C#

Gentlemen: C, Forth, Scheme, old-school C++

what languages do pa/g/s use so I can avoid it

c+=

Look
Numales only use RAILS okay
Just ruby is good though

Any.

This x1000 (expecially the pajeet and gaymedevxD parts) but put Python along with C.
I'm the biggest C fag and I'd say C is the best for low level stuff, but Python owns it when it comes to do stuff quickly and it's also expandable with C libraries.

Python, always.

Still, no one that's not a retard who thinks he'll be a gayme developer will ever tell you C++ is any good or worth using unless you're forced to. In most cases it's either not worth managing the memory dinamically, thus making Python or even Java/Pajee# better choices, or the "object oriented" thing is not that useful thus making C absolutely alright.

python

Python dev here, I'm a skinny, non-leftist, british, non-jew male. Ask me anything.

Do you like Linkin Park?

nope

Whoops, guess I only had numale in my filter and not the hyphenated version.

fag

Clojure isn't Lisp.
It has no cons cells and is specifically designed to be incompatible with all other dialects out there.

They make threads like this cause they care about other people's opinion about what they do instead of simply using whatever gets the job done.

Ruby is used as DSL in Puppet, Vagrant, and Teraform.

It's also great as a general purpose scripting language.

A worse python imho

I know shittons of python devs and none are like that.

The Definitive Tiers

>Numale
JavaScript, Python, Golang, Rust, Swift

>Neckbeard:
sh, C, Perl

>Real Work:
Java, Kotlin, C#, C++, SQL

>Unapproachable Genius:
Haskell, Lisp, Erlang, Wolfram/Mathematica

>Legitimate Engineering:
Verilog, VHDL

>Deprecated Oldie Goldie:
Smalltalk, Eiffel, Pascal, Scheme

>WTF Are You Doing:
Batch, Visual FoxPro, VBScript, COBOL

>Comedy Gold Only One Allowed:
INTERCAL

I dont see whats wrong with Golang as someone who learned in C and was primarily a C programmer the mov eto Go has been fun and what is more fun is that I am now employable again and also employed

also TECO should be added to one of those categories

>that depreciated oldie goodie category
that shit should go in numale desu
I will never understand the praise for smalltak I tried to use it with squeak and it was so fucking unbearable. it just confirmed to me that I hate OOP

so you're a bugman faggot?

I started out with C++ (against all advice given) and it took a few years to understand basic concepts like constructors.
Though I think that's more due to the horrible book I got.

I'm starting out currently (literally no prior coding experience at all) with C++ and i was told it's extremely hard to learn on your own. Any good books for complete starters?

Planning on taking an intro CS class in the fall and they do C++ here.

MATLAB

matlab is great.

I use it at work a lot for computer vision.

why's everybody so down on JS
that's bs, it's not numale until he uses it for Angular
ECMA has been around a lot longer than Starbucks and Boosted Boards.

NuMales:
Ruby
Python
Vue.js
VisualBasic
Objective-C ("because Steven Jobs was such a visionary, man")

Numales programming in Eiffel or Pascal? The only people using those languages are approaching retirement age.

>be me
>21 years old
>log into Jow Forums for the first time
>ask about hacking
>lurk more faggot
>tfw no advice
>hear about linux
>what distro should I use
>install gentoo
>tfw no more computer
>learn about programming
>what language should I learn?
>C
>tfw no more job
>leave Jow Forums to persue a career in web development
>spend years exploring
>be 28
>decide to come back on to see how it is
>mfw people on here are calling scripting languages programming languages
>tfw no more Jow Forums

Attached: my face when the pain.jpg (634x428, 51K)

Swift

Noone ever said Jow Forums was a good place.

python, c, and fortran dev here. I'm a white athiest illegal-gun-toting commie with high functioning autism and an iq of over 140 and i dropped out of a math phd program after i got caught trying to get chinese girls to suck me off for good grades and also I use i3 and I squat on BLM land and use my own pissjugs to fertilize barley and potatoes AMA.

>everyone ITT shitting on javascript
at least javascript is actually a very useful language, unlike literal meme-tier languages like Python and Ruby

I was going to make a dumb list to meme on legacy coders and children defending C++, but instead I'll just post an observation.

Most of the least competent and least engineeriing-oriented individuals I've worked with and had conversations with have all vouched for one of the following:
>Javascript ("I'm a UI developer" / "I love web dev" / "Node is THE server-side solution")
>Ruby (this one is usually just in denial about how shit their language is in every metric, let alone its own self-fellating "fanbase")
>Python ("I like it but..." / "Whitespace just makes SENSE.")

True.

Lots of people use javascript, so lots of people will complain/meme about it

This is C in 2018
Required base language for coding in the UC system.
This is reality.

Attached: UCSD-Comp-Sci.jpg (1600x1068, 249K)

Python
C++
Everyone else are sòyboys and pajeets

I have sweet beard, work at a Liberal university, live in the gentrifying part of town and have 3 types of onions sauce in my fridge and I use python.

But I'm also a male (male), and I'm just shitposting while I wait for the family to put on their trachten before we head to church, so idunno...

so you're a faggot?

shut the fuck up you little nigger
i have a girlfriend (female) who studies forest ecology and helps me pick out the best plots of land to piss on and plant potatoes

>being this much of a faggot
its ok to be gay

you're an insignificant nigger. my code functions on a mathematical level 10 times beyond your understanding and I don't eat the fucking onions and drink the estrogen and bpa like you fucking Jow Forums neets do. enjoy your breast cancer (male) from your fucking cosmopolitan """hygiene""" products and coding your shitty little undergrad projects in c++

Lisp, to match the way they speak.

This is honestly correct.
>Unapproachable Genius:
>Lisp
I know one guy like this and he truly is a genius.
I guess the only thing wrong is that I haven't seen Kotlin used in actual work.
I'd love to flex my Verilog knowledge again, but finding a hardware engineering job is insanely difficult.

nusoy would be rust, go, ruby, js

haskell might fall into this category because its users are onions af but they tend more towards fedoraism

Ada goes in the Legitimate Engineering category with its cousin VHDL.

>TFW I'm Python + Golang + Clojure

No, it should go into the Oldie Goldie with its aunt Pascal

>a few years
wew lad, just give up, srsly.

false

You might as well start with C first if you don’t know that already

Golang's co-creator was Rob Pike, one of the original's UNIX kernel devs
It compiles into static binaries without any need for dynamic linkage
cat-v literally endorses
I don't use it, but it's not bad

>Golang
It's trash m8. I don't know how else to put it. There's so much wrong with it from error handling boiler plate, to lack of generics, to the lack of any kind of dependency management.

>TECO
I agree. Consider it added to oldie goldies.

Smalltalk's grammar is meh, but the environment for development was excellent. Also, please consider that OO is the best way to solve some problems. Use the right tool for each job.

Kotlin is gaining traction at a remarkable rate. Don't be surprised when it overtakes Java in SMB work.

I put Pascal in oldies goldies instead of Ada. I didn't put Ada in engineering because it was always very niche, even in proofed code applications. Real engineers are more likely to use carefully crafted C and traditional proofing methods.

kotlin will never be as popular as java