Technology and Neoliberal Capitalism

How is Open Source and Free Software viable long term if they're just tools for corporations to make huge profits?

Corporations rape Open Source projects and abandon them as soon they're done.

Corporations NEVER develop for native Linux. Only Chinese government backed corporations have invested in high quality mainstream applications for Linux.

Attached: haudihaau.jpg (441x418, 18K)

Not only viable but necessary for upcoming programmers in the trade.
There is no better CV that accepted work in a FOSS project.

Your eyes opened, now try explaining this to the loonix clowns, it is like explaining someone that CIA is a worldwide mafia.

how about just getting an entry level job

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1507677714252.jpg (515x488, 40K)

>sorry, user. you're overqualified for this position.

stop displaying your power level in interviews

>Corporations NEVER develop for native Linux.
Simply not true.
Granted, some are written in java or python, so it working on linux is just an happy accident but there compiled packages too.

I'm terribly sorry for interjecting another moment, but what I just told you is GNU/Linux is, in fact, just Linux, or as I've just now taken to calling it, Just Linux. Linux apparently does happen to be a whole operating system unto itself and comprises a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Most computer users who run the entire Linux operating system every day already realize it. Through a peculiar turn of events, I was misled into calling the system "GNU/Linux", and until now, I was unaware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by the Linux project.

There really isn't a GNU/Linux, and I really wasn't using it; it is an extraneous misrepresentation of the system that's being used. Linux is the operating system: the entire system made useful by its included corelibs, shell utilities, and other vital system components. The kernel is already an integral part of the Linux operating system, never confined useless by itself; it functions coherently within the context of the complete Linux operating system. Linux is never used in combination with GNU accessories: the whole system is basically Linux without any GNU added, or Just Linux. All the so-called "GNU/Linux" distributions are really distributions of Linux.

Google, Microsoft, Adobe, Apple, etc NEVER develop for Linux

Bruh

Yeah China is the greatest, I love communist dictatorships, especially their new social credit system.

Fuck the West and fuck capitalism.

Is it 2001?

wtf i love china. glass the burgers mutt war whe?

What do I care what corrupt and shady businesses do?
I still profit from foss, and many other people also do.
And this can't be taken away.
If companies are bankrupt of any moral values, how does this influence me?
They can develop what they want.
I have plenty of open source software and open source distributions to choose from.

Except for when they do, right?

Fuck off commie.

Who gives a fuck about corporations lmao. I work on and use open source software because it's better and isn't ad-riddled garbage controlled by someone else.

Open source is viable as long as people want to work on the projects, which is something that will remain true as long as open-source is better than proprietary software.

>I work on and use open source software because it's better

Found the incel

fuck off comrade faggot

Attached: 1525068049921.png (1156x867, 407K)

You can only trust Chinese corporations