Endless Printing

I want to print some E-Books I own. While I initially thought about buying a classic dot-matrix printer with connected paper, I kinda drifted over to thermo printers and then reciept printers. I really don't need full size letter paper and cutting it is too much work so it would kinda work for me.

Problem is, I have no Idea whenever it can be used like a normal printer and just shrink the E-Books to fit the size.

Also, in my Country Reciept and Label Printer are mixed together and hard to distinguish when new to this like I am.

So, I'm just trying my luck by asking here. Anyone here have expirence with those printers and printing something similar? Would it work on Linux (if it's just printing I might as well use windows though)?

Attached: 492820_764450.jpg (1336x1291, 314K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/adafruit/Adafruit-Thermal-Printer-Library
cen.acs.org/content/cen/articles/95/i35/Touching-thermal-paper-receipts-extend.html
sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/10/141022143628.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

interesting idea. this might be of help to you: github.com/adafruit/Adafruit-Thermal-Printer-Library

You could, but this is a shitty idea. You'll probably actually spend too much time reformatting the damn thing.

Just print double-sided on A4 with a laser printer or on a text-type quick inkjet setting & if the formatting was intended for like A5/A6-ish sized books just do 2/4 pages per A4 page and double-sided or such.

most ebook formats aren't formatted for any screen size; they're meant to scale. because e-readers come in all different sizes. so that shouldn't be a problem for this guy

>github.com/adafruit/Adafruit-Thermal-Printer-Library
that's pretty neat!

Thermal printing disappears over time so it would not last more than a few days

I thought so too at first but I also found an actual grocery reciept from a year ago that looked perfectly find.

I probaby shouldn't read stuff on thermo paper in the glaring sommer sun, though.

>thermal printer: ~ $250 usd (amazon)
>roll of 3.125" x 230': $66 / 50 (amazon)
>cost per book after initial purchase: $1.32

Attached: consider the following 2.jpg (713x918, 132K)

You should find a local print shop and ask if they can do it for you. Plain A4 double sided paper is so cheap for them compared to the price you'll have to pay.

there are also sub 50 bucks chinc printers with bluetooth

Are there any dot matrix printers that work on linux cups?

> print entire book out on dot matrix printer
> roll book up into a scroll
Oh fuck that actually sounds cool printing books out as scrolls

well, there are also dot-matrix thermo printer but I initially meand needle printer. it probably would be better to say thermo, needle, ink etc.. instead of dot-matrix. My fault for starting it, please do not adopt a wierd and vague naming sense.

this isn't the newest of ideas

I can't wait to stroll into Starbucks wearing my classy as fuck fedora and see the looks on all the Chad's faces when I whip my latest scroll out of my cargo shorts. Ladies, please, one at a time.

Kek

Chucked

Why would you do this? If you're trying to avoid staring at a screen all day then just get an e-reader.

What if I simply want to read on paper?

I read somewhere that ink evaporates from paper at 60-70 C*. does this mean that you can wrap a ring of paper around two cylinders and and print endlessly on the same paper if you heat one of the two extremities? provided with endlessly ink or some alternative source oc

Say goodbye to your testicles! Seriously though, make sure that your receipt paper if you go through with this, is free of BPA, BPS and other endocrine disruptors. For awhile heat printed and reciept papers were almost all coated in BPA so...yeah, watch it.

Receipt paper contains BPA that could potentially disrupt your hormones. Just touching receipt paper is enough for it to get absorbed through your skin:
cen.acs.org/content/cen/articles/95/i35/Touching-thermal-paper-receipts-extend.html
sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/10/141022143628.htm

Why would you not just use laser printing?

allright, after looking a lot and considering various options, I ordered a refurbished one for cheap. It can hold bigger rolls compared to the adafruit or chinc ones, and works over usb.

Because Laser Printing is expensive AF. Not as much as Ink but Toner and Picture Drum still aren't cheap. (Also, as I said, I don't need full size paper)

Attached: tmt-88-IV.jpg (1000x915, 65K)