The older I've gotten...

The older I've gotten, the less I want to waste time and the less I want to carry with me and the more I'm drawn to MacOS and iOS.

Does anyone else experience this?

Attached: DcCKUqAVAAUcnYP.jpg (1000x1000, 181K)

Yeah, and then I bought into the meme and regret it

No regrets here

No, because i'm not an idiot.

>it's another itoddler thinks he'll ever belong on Jow Forums episode

Yep pretty much; time has value. I used to rice my desktop and spend all this time downloading themes and wallpapers etc, now I don't even bother changing from the fedora default pape. Don't give two shits about it

yeah, most people grow out of it. I sure did (to an extent)
true, for people who are not a tech illiterate there are a lot of things missing on apple devices, especially for people on a budget
liking traps, being unemployed and ricing the 2002 thinkpad you got with mommy's money is nothing to be proud of user

Yup. It the more mature option. Never looked back.

Bending over and taking niggercock up your ass and dying from AIDS is nothing to be proud of cocksmoker.

hit pretty close to home huh?

hit pretty close to home huh?

>r*ddit spacing
>shilling itoys
They're shit. I bought an iPad and iPhone and they're the worst phone and tablet I've ever used. If you enjoy using iToys, it's because you're a low brow shit eating retard who is incapable of using real computers. The iPad display shattered to bits after getting dropped once, and after about 8 months the coloring started to rub off the fucking back of the thing. The iPhone drops my calls non-stop, lags, gets hot, and has to be rebooted once a day. The OS updates are 1.5GB a piece. All of the apps suck and aren't platform specific anyways. The iOS 11 file manager isn't even a file manager at all. It just shows you PDFs and images. There's nothing useful you can do with iToys because they're so locked down. No shells, no terminal emulators, not compilers, no mobile XCode version, nothing. What the fuck is the point of buying a computer that I can't use to develop apps for itself? Utter shit.

And don't forget that retarded "tap to unlock" bullshit.

Attached: Untitled.png (813x1402, 193K)

Same thing happened to me. Can't go wrong with an iPhone SE + MacBook Pro 2017 13" Space Grey the base model with maybe upgraded RAM and storage depending on your use case.

If you need a powerful computer you'll need to assess that for yourself. We use 5k iMacs at my job and they're used for anything from web dev, graphic design, video editing etc.

>for people who are not a tech illiterate
And yet applefag subhumans think they will ever be welxome on Jow Forums.

>lagPhone
>throttlebook
>for """"""""work""""
LMAO

>the computer you own defines your worth as a human being

I mean if you want to throw your money away at products designed to fail soon after their warranty, then go ahead and flush your money down the drain.
It never "just works"
Your products are designed to fail and are entirely anti-consumer, to say nothing of the pricetag.

why the fuck would you want to develop software on your phone?

For phones at least, the idea that iphones are easier or simpler is really just a meme. Basic functions like calling, texting, browsing, social media etc operate more or less identically across all smartphones. At least in the public eye there is a perception about iphones that doing this sort of basic stuff (the things that encompass all of what the grand majority of users will do) is easier on an iphone, when really it's the same, but IF you want to customize your experience at all you have fewer options available to you and usually at a higher price point.

They aren't these mystical devices that will never give you issues. Apple stores are always full of customers who need help troubleshooting or repairing their phone.

I feel the same, which is why I run a debian chroot along with rooted android on my phone.

>itoddler brainlets think their technology illiteracy gives them worth on a technology board
Face it, you're just a brainlet. We get it, your tiny rat brain can't figure out computers. Some people see calculus and just get it, some people see eletrical diagrams and just get it, some people see computers and just get it. You're not any of those, so you're forced to settle for dumbed down fruit toys for troglodytes like yourself. That's fine, but you don't belong here, is probably more your speed iBrainlet.

why not? i just need vim and gcc

Why do people get so defensive when civilized adults discuss how Apple products are more sophisticated? Stop getting triggered about your secret club. You'll join us in 10 years once you have disposable income.

Lol what a shit marketing campaign

Why do appletoddlers get so defensive when civilized adults discuss how Apple products are trash? Stop getting triggered about your gay cult. You'll join us in 10 years once you figure out how a 2 button mouse works.

Yes, except I want to ditch the glow in the dark tracking devices entirely.

Guarantee you don't have a job

iOS is pretty chill after getting used to it. Used Android for 5 or 6 years and haven't had an issue. The Move to iOS app is pretty nice too

>the joy of a console without having to recompile your kernel after buying new hardware
What's not to love?

holy shit, you actually took the time to write that out. what a sad existence
if you're so poor that you can't afford a desktop pc or a laptop maybe instead of programming you should be working at mcdonalds

ITODDLERS BTFO

It's not for my phone, dumbfuck.
>whatz a compooter
>whatz a compooter
>whatz a compooter
>hurrrrrrr
And yet the iPads have no dev tools whatsoever. My Surface Pro running Ubuntu doesn't have this problem. It's using a powerful Core i5 mobile chip and I get the full range of desktop development tools that I need. I can run Visual Studio and Android Studio to make Windows and Android apps, and I can then spin up VMs with Virtual Box or QEMU for Android and Windows. No gimped shit Safari browser either. I get a full version of Firefox with uBlock Origin. I get DisplayPort, USB ports, a headphone jack, and an SD slot. All in the form factor of a tablet with a touch screen and all day battery life.

Tell me again what an iPad is good for.

>if you're so poor that you can't afford a desktop pc or a laptop
Maybe I want the portability, faggot. That's the entire point of buying a tablet, is it not?

Attached: 1514749179987.png (695x594, 45K)

Some do. Other computers are just bought to symbolize your net worth.

holy shit, you actually use ishit and think you belong on Jow Forums. what a sad existence

>macOS
I feel ya. Linux is mostly fine, but some issues you'll have no fucking idea how to fix, unless looking after Unix systems is your job, or you're a NEET with unlimited free time. it's very tempting when some user describes it as "Unix that just works", but I have almost no experience with it.

>iOS
no, never. I have an actual computer, so a phone is just a phone to me. I don't do any of that social media shit either. the app store needs to die. why is there no choice but to let Apple and/or Google take a cut from you, censor you, have your shit removed or never published?

what makes Jow Forumsmen feel so strongly about their brand of choice? is it the low self esteem? the loneliness, the need to belong to something? the crippling autism?
I don't even own any apple devices retard. I use Android on my phone, Debian on my x86 systems and Solaris on my E4900. I just find it funny that some losers derive their self esteem from hating people who have the shiny things they can't afford.
and I never implied nor care if I "belong" here. I'm not that pathetic that I need to seek validation from some random ass NEETs on the internet

>buys device that's clearly out of spec for what he wants to do
>complains about the device rather than accepting his mistake
Again, if you can't even lug around a laptop then you should be working on your health or something because without a keyboard and a mouse you're not going to be productive anyways

I wanna go Android, but they're becoming such shit
>copying Apple's stupid notch
>copying Apple's headphone jack removal
>USB-C audio barely fucking works on the Pixel 2
>having stupid as fuck curved screens
>some phones that do have a headphone jack have them on top for some fucking reason
Android used to be a nice, alternative to Apple, what the fuck happened?

The part about not wasting time and shit "just working" yeah, I know what you mean. Rest of it, nah, windows just does what I need. But then again I don't keep fucking around with the shit either, once it's all configured the way I want it and once everything is working (network,permissions,access,etc) I just leave it be and let it work. 9 times out of ten, the only issue that pops up is hardware related which is caused by either drive failure (which ain't a big thing cause I keep my backups pretty up to date), or due to capacity limit (still got 600+GB free so I'm good for a while)

>without a keyboard and a mouse you're not going to be productive
So you admit that iPads are just toys. Lmao, faggot. My Surface has a flip clover keyboard with a trackpad built in.

>device that's clearly out of spec
Yeah, I'd say so. Every other computer except for gaming consoles can do what I described. Hell, even the PlayStations used to have official Linux support. I can develop applications for Android on an Android phone or tablet. I can do this on any Windows or Linux laptop, and any desktop out there. iPads are pathetic toys for children.

>accepting his mistake
I did that when I bought a Surface tablet.

Get yourself a nice older Android phone with a design you like that's supported by Lineage OS. I have a OnePlus 5 with LOS installed and it's fantastic.

Attached: 1521777400042.png (750x780, 77K)

iOS devices are not toys (they can be used as one just like any other device), but they are a camera, communications and media/browsing device bundled in a fancy package. That you thought you could use it as a dev machine just shows how much of a retard you are, it doesn't say anything about the users who bought it for what they're intended (except maybe that they can afford it).

>if you're so poor that you can't afford a desktop pc or a laptop maybe instead of programming you should be working at mcdonalds
why would i get a desktop or laptop when i don't need it? do you buy a lot of useless retarded shit that you never use? sounds like you're the mcdonalds worker here

Yes but with Windows. I just want something that doesn't need constant maintenance and is yet functional. Linux was a cool experience tho

Thinkpad win 10 + Stock Android = No waste of time

I seriously hope that being 30+ years old does not make you retarded.

What business software do they have? A half assed email client? Angry Birds and Facebook aren't real work, faggot.

>That you thought you could use it as a dev machine just shows how much of a retard you are
Professional platforms all allow this. iToys don't.

Attached: 1500001759842.png (232x266, 4K)

>Professional platforms all allow this. iToys don't.
show me gcc running on blackberry os and I'll believe you
>What business software do they have?
an app store that's not filled with malware (that at least 50% of the employees will install)
it certainly makes you wonder whether instead of tweaking xorg.conf you could've have spent your better days banging Stacy

>an app store that's not filled with malware
Apple Appstore is a malware ifested scam cesspit. Fuck off you cocksmoking itoddler.

Attached: 1495050041026.png (746x997, 286K)

Not him but desu iPads are the best option for PDF reading/note taking with pencil on the go, which as a mathfag is almost everything I require for work in a portable device.

Yes. I'm 36 and switched to macOS in December. Never looking back. I can use all the command line shit I'm used to from Linux with the added bonus of all the commercial software and everything just works.

dude you are S E E T H I N G

This

>show me gcc running on blackberry os and I'll believe you
There's a QEMU port for Android, and BBOS10 has a compatibility layer for Android apps and runs on the same basic Qualcomm platform, therefore running GCC and full Linux environment is possible. It might be slow as fuck, but it would work nonetheless. iToys have nothing remotely similar aside from VNC Viewer apps to remotely connect to a desktop or laptop running a real OS.

The only thing that iPads have going for them is how thin and light they are. They'd be decent if the software wasn't locked down trash with a horrible UI and no apps. The stupid meme pencil can't detect tilt for shit, unlike the Surface which is almost as good as a mid range Wacom tablet.

dude you are H I V P O S I T I V E

Attached: 1516415813717.png (496x360, 23K)

Same here.

Ditched android and never looking back. My iphone SE just works and as a linux-only devops I only use macOS, never have to worry if some shit is gonna break or not work at all. I only have a desktop computer with windows on it to play games because doing anything productive on it is a nightmare.

Why do you feel the desperate need to lie to defend your poorly made barely functional fruity chinktrash?

Attached: 1501485254346.jpg (1800x4500, 1.93M)

oh yeah forgot about the android layer

BASED ADULTHOOD

look @ all these pajeets shilling

Drawn more to Android, ChromeOS, and Linux.

calm down and buy more dongles

It does on a technology board. You are only worth as much as you can positively contribute. Based on your posts I don't think you're capable of positively contributing at all, so I hope you kill yourself

X270 and Galaxy Note phone is a vastly more efficient combo in my experience. Weight is similar and the battery life on the thinkpad and note are much longer than their apple counterparts. I can go a full work day + train commute without a charge.

But then you have to deal with operating systems that don't work that well

I did exactly this but with Chromebook+Ubuntu and an Android phone.

How does switching to Apple products satisfy your need to carry less? If anything you'll probably need to carry more shit since they're getting rid of features on their devices.

What is it about apple that triggers all these lonely insecure betas on Jow Forums?
LMAO

You're probably just a faggot.

>USB-C audio barely fucking works on the Pixel 2
Could you elaborate more on this

Apple is moving away from the functional minimalism they used to have into much more of a “fuck you, pay me” model.

Same
God damn macbook charging cables are flimsy

Not anymore

You're going senile.

No, but I did get a surface 3 a while back to do netbook things. It's not powerful, but it does its job like a champ and it's tiny as shit.

Otherwise I do heavy lifting shit on my desktop and read mango/watch videos on my tablet -> chromecast.

liking traps, being unemployed and webdeving on the new iToy you got with mommy's money is nothing to be proud of user

Then you want to do something slightly different and get hit by a brick of the proprietary wall of hell and lose all the time you thought you gained.

>hit by a brick of the proprietary wall of hell

No

Yes, I used to hate apple but now own an Iphone and it is the best phone I have ever owned by far. It feels like a luxury item compared to every android phone I have owned which included samsung and htc devices

Dude, essential phone and pixel are miles ahead in luxury than iPhone /Samsung etc.

ios for me. does everything I want it to, none of the stuff I don't and it doesnt get in the way.

>73 posts and 7 image replies omitted.
>in a "so obviously bait its brigther than the sun" thread

You think this is the case until you realise how backwardly retarded apples products and ecosystem are

>I want to add more storage to my phone
>"Sorry, nothing personal kid"
>I want to replace my phone's battery
>I want to upgrade the hardware in my computer
>I want to transfer music to my phone without having to use iTunes
>I want to be able to charge my phone and listen to music at the same time
>I expect that the phone I paid 2x more for than a similar spec android phone will be 2x better and all the extra money won't just be status symbol hipster tax

Attached: 1573957375923.jpg (600x393, 38K)

>>I want to add more storage to my phone

Why would I do that? I only use 23GB on my 64GB iPhone. All my music is streamed, all my photos and videos are backed up to 2 different cloud storage services. I have instant access to my 900GB of photos, music and videos at any time.

Why do you insist on living in the past?

>>I want to replace my phone's battery

Nobody does this better and cheaper than Apple.

Attached: DbCywFhVMAAs0Cg.jpg (900x1200, 188K)

Do you also want to suck cocks and take a big dildo up the ass you fagmeister?

Time is all you've got, if everything you do is a waste of time, so are you.

Because your use case doesn't apply to everyone?

>Wow this Android phone is more open and free with how I can manage its applications, utilities, and everyday tasks.
>But wait
>I can't waste my time fast enough on this Android phone!
>Apple seems to do that by dumbing down the phone so now I can waste my time even faster without doing anything meaningful!

I have a cheap chinese phone with good specs the default launcher is fine if you really can't be arsed actually using your device.
If you're too retarded to know what the icons represent you should be banned from using the Earths ram supply( saved from all the floods) and internet bandwidth.
My cousin was a retard like you always going on about his shitty iphone, ipad Macberg laptop whatever the fuck models he had, tied into the appleb infrastructure. now as an old fogey he suddenly have windows and android devices. It didn't stop him being a gonk all those years though. I still remember some of his flagellation about all things apple even when I never asked him to comment on the fucking things.
Out of the blue he'd go on about it, because it has a dock HAHAHAHAHA

mein neger

Attached: IMG_20171228_132856.jpg (3968x2976, 2.15M)

Are you retarded?
I'm mocking the OP and his incentive to buy shitty Apple iPhones instead of Android phones.

Shit for brains.

No need for the rude insults user. I could have rolled along with it but yeah you just really hurt my feelings with that.

Clean up.

i had just replaced the lcd+glass when i took that pic all the little paper shit is from the adhesive tape and packaging the screen arrived in (except the soda on the floor)

Attached: IMG_20171226_212026.jpg (3968x2976, 1.94M)

Literally the opposite. Older I've gotten the more I want to stay away from Apple. Granted, I've never used apple outside of ipods.

I would literally not be to do the stuff I do daily. So no.

>Jow Forums is seething over other people's decisions again

Part of growing up. I'm 32 and
* I stopped gaming.
* I cant bare walkthrough videos and look for highlight videos
* i stopped watching YouTube, linus Schill tips,
* dont give a fuck about binging Netflix
* hate keeping up with tech
* more focussed on friends, famil and relationships
* hate forums and debating tech
I just want portability, something I dont have to go at lengths to explain why its better than the mainstream.

Mainstream is easy and thought free. I'm happy with Apple and its Schilling ecosystem. I'm happy with my 2012 i7 PC and selling my linux laptop and saving the money for an upgrade when 7nm chips come out.

Attached: Screenshot_20180502-004647_Instagram.jpg (448x1024, 278K)

>it’s another “waahh I can’t afford it so it sucks” episode

it's a great ecosystem. first mac i owned was a sandybridge mba. and i picked up every dongle you can think of in anticipation of filling in whatever obscure use case i could come up in my autistic head. couple years later when i upgraded to a newer mac and i took the bag of dongles and tossed them in a box in the back of my cellar. i could only count the number of times i used half of them on one hand and didn't even use the other half. stop thinking about doing things in your old and set in ways and find leaner and better solutions. shed the dead weight.

which thiccpad

Do you get bored when you are alone?