Side-effects of adblocking

There was a retarded thread recently about the so called side effects of using software like UBlock origin to get rid of ads. It's really surprising that I literally cannot think about any negative aspects of the matter. There is no downside

Attached: raw.png (256x256, 17K)

so you kill a thread for this

The side effect is that when you see a browser with no ublock origin you have to install it. Simply you cannot live without an adblocker. Try browsing sites with an adblocker off after using one for a couple years now.

The only ill effects are on the advertiser and the page owner. Though it really comes down to them and their own faults because a user will definitely block an ad that even whiffs if inconvenience or obstruction.

For the end uaer, there really isn't a negative. It's better psychologically and you're able to use a site for its purpose, rather than having to clear ads first.

Fucking retard. If everyone uses adblockers how do you expect the web to provide more content? Stop being entitled and look at how reality works.

I'm not turning off my adblocker for any reason until intrusive, malicious ads stop being a thing. I don't give a shit about how I'm "hurting" a website when there's a huge loud ass video ad in my face screaming at me about mortgages or some other shit I don't care about.

"""content"""
the web is only useful for entertainment and pirating learning material
well and for networking of course

but 99.9% of web content is shit

The best content on the internet is Wikipedia, hands down. And they don't use ads.

you're the kind of retard that actually pays for software, tv shows and movies

>they don't use ads

Attached: ngbbs4ec37080156fa.jpg (500x500, 33K)

try watching a tv show on one of those pirate streaming sites with ublock enabled

>he doesn't use anti-anti-adblock
also bittorrent still exists and is more convenient

/thread

nothing to do with ads, it's the scripts that deliver the videos that ublock prevents from running

>bittorrent
Why blocking ads for installing malwares and bitcoin miners on your computer
How can anyone be this retarded

has anyone tried using privoxy rules for adblocking? there's a script online to convert your adblock/ublock rules to privoxy rules and i want to try it. that way i can run privoxy behind openvpn and have the same adblocking on all devices

the side effect is that the anti-adblock war is on. Pages harass you to turn it off with pop ups and shit. You can x out of them but some websites harass you on every single page you visit on that particular site.

Still not worth turning off adblock but still annoying

What

why are you on this board user

The same way it always provided?

donations are fine user
mediawiki is a different story because they blatantly ask for money even though they have millions in reserve at this point

I do this frequently and to be completely honest I couldn't stand to do it without it. Those sites have the absolute nastiest kinds of ads on them. I use those streaming sites very infrequently but when I do, like say last week when I was thinking back on an old Aqua Teen Hunger Force episode and wanted to see it right away, I never have a problem.

The message is the pitch, the sale. Memes control the world, dictate the memes and you will have the minds and hearts of the people. One Meme to Rule them all.

>bittorrent
>malwares and bitcoin miners
That only happens when you install proprietary clients (e.g. µtorrent, etc)

>Literally
are you Linus? If so, I have a message for you...
lately your videos suck, go back, moron...
>yfw you've successfully become a meme...

Attached: display.jpg.png (630x630, 48K)

The only downside would be those sites like Forbes that won't let you read articles unless you disable it

"oh no"

One more reason to block ads, to get rid of the cancer that the web has become.

Just whitelist the few, possibly owned by a single individual, websites that deserve the money and be done with it.

Giving ad money indiscriminately to every shit page out there just drives up the percentage of shit content vs good content.